• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best secondary for Wario???

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all of the input I'm kinda diggin the Weegster(although I haven't decided anything yet, because I also use the Caiptain and Ike), but now lets change the question up a bit, who plays the most like Wario? Because, well, I pretty much stink with any character besides Wario.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I don't base my secondary to wario off pure counters but I fnd that my other main wolf works great to what wario can't beat. :) Wolf & Wario ftw
D3 says hello. But Olimar is good against D3.
If meta gets banned I'm going hardcore into Lolimar practice.

And Wario Nut:
Jiggs plays most like Wario, but she is trash.
G&W is good for covering Wario's weaknesses.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I think DDD and ROB have the same basic style of Wario, push them off the edge and juggle them, then get back on via ur amazing recovery.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
DDD and ROB are amazingly boring compared to Wario. Watch isn't bad as a secondary, but MK is the best secondary for everyone, lol.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Sonic is a fun secondary for Wario.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Sonic has bad matchups against what Wario is bad against...and is just bad period. and Iunno, i don't play Brawl much anymore (Melee FTW), but I like juggling off the edge much more with DDD and Rob, but then again I just find Wario boring period. I still use him when I play Brawl because he's my best, and I like him as a character more then anyone (I love Wario Ware), but I find his floatiness and lack-of-spike makes him very boring.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I've been playing around with Donkey Kong as a second, as he fixes some of Wario's spacing problems against opponents like Marth. Heck, I've even toyed with Marth a bit as a possible second as he is pretty much the antithesis of Wario as far as distance and spacing goes.

Just some of my ramblings. :-D
sadly all that has to be done to DK is to knock him at least 1 foot below the edge and grab onto it and 1 stock is gone.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
ignore this post and rest of posts below.i took them out because i posted more then four times in a row.

Popertop

Smash Champion
He's actually more mid.
Some people can gimp really well with him.

Sadly for me the fun ones are low tier.
Except Bowser, he's just badass tier.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Mr. Game & Watch is fun to play as, but he's one of the best characters in the game. He's the only character in A tier and above that I play as, since I don't like the others quite as much.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you're anything like me, you'll get bored of ROB too. I cycled through most of the characters here, and the only alt I've found even remotely fun to use is Snake... though unfortunately I have trouble using him effectively against those people that give me trouble as Wario, haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Use Diddy for Wario's harder matchups.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah I tried for like a day to play as Snake and it kinda failed, so I'm picking up ROB.

He's fun for me at least.
I'm trying to pick up Diddy also.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I played as diddy and Dk for a day just to try something new, and I liked both of them. I had more fun playing as Dk, but I played better with diddy. Right now though, I'm working on G&W and so far he's pretty sweet

Top Bottom