• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is our safest way to retreat the majority of the time?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Like the thread title says, what is Diddy's best way to retreat when you simply need to GTFO? Obviously it differs depending on a lot of things, but I'm just interested in a general "this is a good idea for retreating" strat. Characters like Wolf and Marth have retreating F-Air; characters like Lucario can simply Back Roll away; then there are some characters like Ganon who can't do much except SHAD (hell, it's one of his only approaches for that matter). What can Diddy do? Dribble away? Retreating F-Air/B-Air? SHAD? Simply Roll away?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i sometimes dribble but simply running/dashing away is always better...love me that greatest distance between my opponent and i.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Well b-dacus would be an awesome retreat (if i could consistently do it :( ) But jump away, double jump, monkey flip near the ground and then magical third jump is always a fun way to get across the stage too. and if people dont know about diddy's 3rd jump thing i guess it could in a way serve as a decent mixup

TreK

Is "that guy"
I usually just dash away, but this is the reason I'm learning bdacus atm.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Are you talking about getting away in order to pull bananas or just for a quick breather? If you have a banana in hand and you just want a break rolling away isn't too bad, people tend to throw up the shield expecting you to toss the banana.

Just dashing works if you just need space.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
This is one of the reasons that I love Bair so much. It is a great move for retreating because it is fast, has a great hitbox and can be done twice out of a shorthop. There is also a cool little trick you can do with retreating Bair. I there is a banana next to you and it's too far for you to grab it with a rising Bair, you can buffer a Dair after the Bair and catch it while you are fastfalling. then you can buffer anything out of the Dair because is is lagless.

Conti

Smash Ace
^^^Lmao

Run... its diddy's quickest option... [other than bdcaus which is inconsitent]. Rolling is slow... dribbleing is alright but I feel u can develop bad habits like AP ... side b can be viable maybe... I prefer to run

Player-1

Smash Legend
backward glidetoss up, shooting more peanuts, retreating bairs, rolling backwards, shooting more peanuts, do a fully charged peanut so you slide backwards, shooting more peanuts, monkey flip, shooting more peanuts, shooting more peanuts.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
backward glidetoss up, shooting more peanuts, retreating bairs, rolling backwards, shooting more peanuts, do a fully charged peanut so you slide backwards, shooting more peanuts, monkey flip, shooting more peanuts, shooting more peanuts.
You've forgotten shooting more peanuts.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Pivot jump glide toss? Or w/e the hell it's called. If I'm not explaining it right you do it by just running in one direction and pressing jump then the opposite way that you're running on the c stick so diddy just turns around and throws the banana while keep moving in the general direction he was running for a lil bit.

Dunno if it's even a safe way, just something that crossed my mind.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Pivot jump glide toss? Or w/e the hell it's called. If I'm not explaining it right you do it by just running in one direction and pressing jump then the opposite way that you're running on the c stick so diddy just turns around and throws the banana while keep moving in the general direction he was running for a lil bit.

Dunno if it's even a safe way, just something that crossed my mind.
Sounds a bit like Auto RAR/RARing away from the target.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You could just do a backwards Glide Toss too, but I imagine it'd take a fraction of a second longer. Still, it wouldn't require you to **** up your controls or claw in order to do something almost functionally the same as Glide Tossing.

Unless I'm missing something about how it works, perhaps? I mean, it's a good idea.

happytif

Smash Cadet
What about glide tossing backwards and throwing the banana up, them you would give your opponent something to think about while you banana pluck/shoot more peanuts xD

Top Bottom