• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if ZSS didn't have a crappy tether grab?!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It would give her a good option against shields, which she's definitely sorely lacking. I don't think she'd quite be top 5 in the game, but it'd definitely boost her over some of the less fortunate characters.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
If ZSS's jab comboed, and if she had a non tether grab with decent range, I think she would easily make A, probably top of A.

Of course if it wasn't a tether grab we wouldn't have CGs so it's all a trade, but yeah I'd much rather have a normal grab. Or atleast a low lag pivot grab like Lucas.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS is basically Marth Lite. She is a sword-style character with stabs instead of sweeps. She trades Marth's solid ground game for a better, more versatile recovery.

ZSS' jab combo would be overpowered if it connected every time because of the way jab 1 interrupts like everything. You could jab combo out of almost every attack, which you can already kind of do, except it's a risk if you do it now, which it kind of should be. I'm not saying no overpowered things exist in the game or that ZSS doesn't have any overpowered moves (seriously bair, fair, and uair are broken) of course.

What I wish ZSS had sometimes is an option below her, aerially or Wario's aerial mobility. Her best option is literally down-b kick, which is insanely risky and easily punished.

Sorry, but if you've chosen to play ZSS you have to accept that she is the queen of situational stuff. The good news is that the situations are common and that she has a good, though limited, answer to almost everything, unlike some characters that just don't have them at all, or only have answers to about half the things that might get thrown at them.

Uair, Bair, Fair, Dtilt, Ftilt (yes ftilt noobs), jab, up-b, down-b, usmash, etc, these are all really good moves but none of them are catch-alls. You have to know when to use each one. The grab is similar, in that it exists to punish a specific set of situations.

noradseven

Smash Lord
d-tilt can be used in almost every situation that f-air can be but its better, but yeah there are a few times you can use it.

It would give her a good option against shields, which she's definitely sorely lacking. I don't think she'd quite be top 5 in the game, but it'd definitely boost her over some of the less fortunate characters.
She already has a decent option out of Shield when you think about it. 1 frame jab + 7 frames shield drop = 8 frames. 6 frames is the fastest grab, and 8 frame grab is probably the average after 6. Her Jab probably has the range of most grabs as well.

The jab you'll likely be able to get 2 hits with which will refresh your moves list. And jab into something else always has some nice follow ups provided it is not avoided.

But yeah, a guaranteed option to grab someone that would do like 8% or so of damage that could lead into follow ups would greatly help.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
She already has a decent option out of Shield when you think about it. 1 frame jab + 7 frames shield drop = 8 frames. 6 frames is the fastest grab, and 8 frame grab is probably the average after 6. Her Jab probably has the range of most grabs as well.

The jab you'll likely be able to get 2 hits with which will refresh your moves list. And jab into something else always has some nice follow ups provided it is not avoided.

But yeah, a guaranteed option to grab someone that would do like 8% or so of damage that could lead into follow ups would greatly help.
I said against shields. She can't do anything if her opponent shields.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
If ZSS had a normal grab she'd have amazing jab mixup options.

Oh and if dash attack could combo into grab it would be amazing. Her shield pressure game would be completely broken. Probably would be top of A if not top tier O_O...

gianhuertas

Smash Rookie
Zss Grabs is one of the most chainable grabs in the game if u dont miss it, The pivot greav is a good option too when ur oponent dogde it, also u can connect the trhree jabs if your opponent is not touching the floor. Try to practice One jab+Grab, Dtilt

Good luck :D

mastromjm

Smash Cadet
Oh and if dash attack could combo into grab it would be amazing. Her shield pressure game would be completely broken. Probably would be top of A if not top tier O_O...
Totally agreed.
Zero Suit is one of my mains but I get so annoyed with her grabs. That would be a good way to improve her.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
But you guys are forgetting that she doesn't have this stuff.

We might as well cope with it. :/

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why are there like five and a half gazillion ways of spelling "Yes!" these days? It's not like Captain Falcon OR M Bison even pronounces it like those spellings either.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
^ **** straight.

I wish she was broken sometimes but I probably wouldn't use her then.

@ph00tbag;

TBH, I dunno where the "H" comes from but I can really here the 'Z'.
I'm sure the Bison one is like "YHEEEEEEES" or something, I don't really care.
Wait a second, what does my username have to do with ZSS' crappy tether?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
But you guys are forgetting that she doesn't have this stuff.

We might as well cope with it. :/
You never know. They COULD add that into Brawl+.

Though really, ZSS is good enough as it is. Giving her a crappy grab was probably NIntendo's way of making sure she wasn't too good.

@ph00tbag;

Meh. It makes about as much sense as any other religion...

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
"Giving her a crappy grab was probably NIntendo's way of making sure she wasn't too good."

Yup.
If we wanted to feel good whilst winning with someone too good, we'd all main MK.

Top Bottom