• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What If? (Smash edition)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • What if the base game of Ultimate had another year of development, and the newcomers added were:
    • 71-72. Pyra & Mythra
    • 73. Bandana Waddle Dee
    • 74. Min Min
    • 75. Banjo & Kazooie
  • What if, with the above in mind, the DLC characters were:
  • Vol. 1
    • 76. Joker
    • 77. Hero
    • 78. Crash Bandicoot
    • 79. Estelle Bright
    • Three SNK characters in one Challenger Pack
      • 80. Terry Bogard
      • 81. Iori Yagami
      • 82. Nakoruru
    • 83. Steve
  • Vol. 2
    • 84. Chun-Li
    • 85. Dr. Eggman
    • 86. Sephiroth
    • 87. Ring Fit Trainee
    • 88. Shantae
    • 89. Kazuya Mishima
    • 90. Sora

Pupp135

Smash Lord
  • What if the base game of Ultimate had another year of development, and the newcomers added were:
    • 71-72. Pyra & Mythra
    • 73. Bandana Waddle Dee
    • 74. Min Min
    • 75. Banjo & Kazooie
  • What if, with the above in mind, the DLC characters were:
  • Vol. 1
    • 76. Joker
    • 77. Hero
    • 78. Crash Bandicoot
    • 79. Estelle Bright
    • Three SNK characters in one Challenger Pack
      • 80. Terry Bogard
      • 81. Iori Yagami
      • 82. Nakoruru
    • 83. Steve
  • Vol. 2
    • 84. Chun-Li
    • 85. Dr. Eggman
    • 86. Sephiroth
    • 87. Ring Fit Trainee
    • 88. Shantae
    • 89. Kazuya Mishima
    • 90. Sora
While Byleth was one of my favorite newcomers, I still like the lineup, and I think it would be well received, especially with base game Banjo & Kazooie and DLC Crash and Eggman.

What if Smash Melee was the first game instead Smash 64?
Content wise, I think it would probably be between 64 and Melee in terms of playable characters, stages, and items. For game modes, I’m going to assume that Adventure Mode is absent, but Board the Platforms is added. If I had to guess the roster, I think it would be something like this: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultdk::ultyoshi::ultlink:(:ultzelda:/:ultsheik:):ultsamus::ultmarth::ultroy::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultmewtwo:

What if tripping was never added in Brawl?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if Super Smash bros melee was the first instead of Smash bros 64?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Remember the "What-If?" trend from earlier this month? Well, I decided to make a thread dedicated to the concept
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Here's a few I got:
  1. What if this was the Smash series roster?
  2. What if Kirby was overhauled?
  3. What if the music selection was either of these?
  4. What if Smash Run returned?
  5. What if this was our stage lineup?
I just looked at the zelda roste and honestly?
3 Zeldas are you out of your mind!
Why add 3 zeldas and not one younger link?
I dont get it!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Going off of the Zelda franchise, what if Tingle was in Brawl, Impa was in For, and Sidon was in FP2?

Also, what if SSB64 had another 6 months of development, meaning that it was released in summer 1999?
Since there hasn’t been something regarding SSB64, I’ll make my own guess:
I assume that at least Bowser and Dedede would’ve made the cut. Maybe Marth and Mewtwo might’ve also made it. In addition to the three single player stages, I could see another stage or two that was never worked on make it. I guess that I shouldn’t rule out the additional possibility for final smashes as Ness (the last completed fighter) has some voice clips.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Going off of the Zelda franchise, what if Tingle was in Brawl, Impa was in For, and Sidon was in FP2?

Also, what if SSB64 had another 6 months of development, meaning that it was released in summer 1999?
I can understand Tingle and Impa. But Sidon? That's totally arbitrary. Heck, choosing one Champion over the others would be arbitrary... and Sidon is not even a Champion. He was not as prominent in BotW than he is in TotK, and even that is not much.

Top Bottom