• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 What have you spotted in the Smash demo?

Sarej

Smash Cadet
Yeah, check the Fox boards for SSB4, a guy posted a video with Fox Illusioning off stage, double jumping and then using Firefox.

This is offset by the huge nerfs we've seen to Fox, though.
This reminds me of Kha'zix... Not relevant I know but anyone who plays LoL knows exactly what I mean.

Last edited:

MetaG

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6399-6037
Has anyone been able to confirm if Dark Pit is still one of Pit's alt colors?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
A few little things I saw that I haven't seen posted yet.

Chunky Kong is an AT, he ground pounds and bananas drop from the ceiling.

Bubbles (The Zelda ones), Redeads, and some KI:U-looking ship enemy with a polygon shield were some Smash Run enemies I encountered.

When in Giga Mac mode, Mac does not have access to his KO punch, even if he's built up full meter for it.

Yoshi's moves have received a lot of changes from playing him in the 3DS demo, with new running attack (a dive kick) and upsmash (a fox-like flipkick). He might also be able to jump while Egg Rolling now, might've been an edge thing.

I can officially deconfirm Cranky Kong as well, as I collected him as a trophy in Smash Run.

More to come when I have time to do a full write-up of this.
Chunky Kong from DK64 is a AT???????????????
WHAT?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The group in front of me said they got Tingle as an Assist Trophy.

Don't have any vids on my end, but I thought I would share this so we can look for it.
Haven't seen you around in forever!

And yeah, there has definitely been a video of Tingle as an assist trophy in one of the gameplay vids I've seen, I can back that up.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer's entrance animation is indeed her doing the Tree pose and then getting ready for battle, but I'd like to mention she's standing on a Wii Balance Board that then goes away. So it's like she's in the middle of a workout, and then stops to begin fighting.

Little Mac's victory theme is from Punch Out NES and Wii. It's the fanfare that plays when you win a fight. You can hear it at 2:30 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzheNHLhxY

Victini came out of a pokeball, posed while floating, and then floated in place for an awkwardly long amount of time while nothing happened. I presume it'll be like Mew and drop trophies and stuff in the full release.

Villager's recovery controls just like Balloon Fight on NES. You have to keep tapping B in order to fly upwards, otherwise you'll float down. It can be canceled early by tapping down.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
STAGE ENTRIES

All veterans have the same stage entries as before.

Greninja appears out of a Poké Ball thrown onstage.

Wii Fit Trainer is already on the battlefield, as she wraps up her Tree pose, stepping off of her living Wii Balance Board.

Rosalina descends down on to the stage really fast in a spiral motion.

Villager's house appears out of thin air, followed by him/her skipping out the door, waving to the camera.

VICTORY POSES

Wii Fit Trainer does a Tree pose, followed by a Warrior pose, and says "You need to control your balance!".

Villager catches a beetle with his net, and shows it off.

Little Mac's victory poses feature Doc Louis.

VICTORY THEMES

From what I was able to hear, Mega Man's appears to be a boss clear theme from one of the NES games.

Bowser has a rock remix of the usual Mario victory theme.

Rosalina has the intro to Super Mario Galaxy.

Wii Fit Trainer's theme is a more celebratory version of the 10-note melody that is somewhat the "main theme" of the Wii Fit series, heard on many occasions across the 3 games.

Little Mac's theme comes from the original Punch-Out!! on the NES, after you win a fight.

STAGE MUSIC

The music that plays during Smash Run depends on the character you use.

Town & City has a medley of The City, the main theme of Wild World and City Folk, and 2:00 AM.

Reset Bomb Forest has Chapter 11: Viridi, the Goddess of Nature.

Ghiriham's Theme is mixed in with the Ballad of the Goddess on Skyloft.

The main theme for this new Smash game plays on Battlefield.

GAMEPLAY

When rolling , you'll stay in the same direction as before.

Pikachu's Quick Attack can now move three times.

Fox's Illusion doesn't leave him in free fall after use.

VOICE ACTING

Fox has a new voice actor.

Kerri Kane appears to be reprising her role from Mario Kart 7 as Rosalina.

Makiko Ohmoto expectedly returns to voice Kirby, and she's even recorded entirely new voice samples!

October Moore reprises her role for the female Wii Fit Trainer.

The Villager has a voice, too, it seems. We hear the female one saying "Thanks, Nook!" after handing him the Bells during Dream Home.

Antony Del Rios's back for Pit after Uprising.

ASSIST TROPHIES

Shadow

Starfy

Magnus

Chunky Kong

POKÉMON

Giratina's new, and uses some sort of wind move.

Victini does...nothing?

SMASH RUN ENEMIES

Egg-Robo (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Yellow Ghost (Find Mii) (It's also worth noting that they can protect themselves with colored shields, but whether they have special immunity like in the original games is unknown.)

Bubbles (The Legend of Zelda)

OTHER

The Wii U GamePad can be used for Off-TV Play.

We finally heard the new announcer!

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
The demo itself is similar in format to the other store demos.

Villager's alt costumes are selectable just like different colors.

I think Mega Man has 5 colors.

It takes about 6-7 hits of Mega Man's down smash to knock down the lights in the Boxing Ring stage.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Wii fit Trainer's 3 hit jab can implant you in the ground on the third hit and hits low (too freaking good)

Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing heal her percent. I think only 1% on sun salutation and more if it hits.

Rosalina & Luma: Luma can cover for Rosalina anytime she is in helpless animation like after she uses her up b.

Luma can only stay in mid air while it's attacking and it attacks whatever is closest to it.

I'll post anything I find tomorrow.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Being stuck in the ground still is easy to mash out of, Villagers supposed Down Smash to Forward Smash combo doesn't work unless your opponent doesn't know how to mash out of it, Moltres is still the same, as is Suicune. Megaman smiles when winning and losing (what a good sport!)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Only thing new I saw. Toon link retains same FS.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-!!!!

Aw come on. That's just some lazy goddamn bull****. You can make custom moves for every ****ing character. (And 36 moves for goddamn Miis that aren't even usable online) but can't give every character a unique FS for once? Sigh......

Now my hopes for Falco and Wolf having a non-landmaster are just GONE. JUST GIVE TINK A TORNADO, HOW HARD IS THAT?!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
JUST GIVE TINK A TORNADO, HOW HARD IS THAT?!
Well...

It's probably not trivial...

Final Smashes are a lot more work than most other moves, since they tend to be much more visually complex.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well...

It's probably not trivial...

Final Smashes are a lot more work than most other moves, since they tend to be much more visually complex.
I'm not complaining because they're a trivial addition. I'm complaining because "priorities? what the **** are those?"

Both Luigi and Kirby got new Final Smashes when theirs were already unique in Brawl. ZSS had to change, so no complaints there.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Perhaps new ones haven't been implemented/finished? You're right: it seems weird that the unique smashes would be changed but the cloned ones wouldn't. Maybe they're still being altered?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Perhaps new ones haven't been implemented/finished? You're right: it seems weird that the unique smashes would be changed but the cloned ones wouldn't. Maybe they're still being altered?
This is what I'm hoping for. Well, we can safely say DK's hasn't been, but for the other FS's, its possible that the "final" Final Smashes aren't ready to show off, so they just have their original Final Smashes from the previous game until these FS's are ready to show. But I'm not anticipating that right now.

Levusti

Smash Rookie
Um, isn't it possible that some of these could have been glitches since this was a demo--an unfinished build? For all we know some of these were just not yet implemented or were only experimental, with stuff like Pikachu's three jump Quick Attack or Fox's Illusion not forcing freefall?

I mean these are pretty cool upgrades but...

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm not complaining because they're a trivial addition. I'm complaining because "priorities? what the **** are those?"

Both Luigi and Kirby got new Final Smashes when theirs were already unique in Brawl. ZSS had to change, so no complaints there.
Oh yeah, I know.

I was just being like... well... doesn't sound THAT easy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Can someone lead me to footage of this?
That's something we unfortunately don't have footage of yet. There's really not much to debate about it, though, its hard to complain when several different people playing the Best Buy demo not only saw it but described it in the exact same way. Everyone is waiting for official confirmation but something like this isn't something you just make up (the first AT for DK that would be made up would be one of the central characters; Dixie, K. Rool, or Cranky), and I don't believe in a "coincidence" like this.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's something we unfortunately don't have footage of yet. There's really not much to debate about it, though, its hard to complain when several different people playing the Best Buy demo not only saw it but described it in the exact same way. Everyone is waiting for official confirmation but something like this isn't something you just make up (the first AT for DK that would be made up would be one of the central characters; Dixie, K. Rool, or Cranky), and I don't believe in a "coincidence" like this.
In line with a fellow smasher (who is a close relatively of an EXTREMELY FAMOUS SMASHER) that I've know for a while said he saw it on Wednesday at Best Buy (we were in line at this time last Saturday).

Right after he said that, 2 people in line who were together said they saw it as well, and then 1 guy also said he saw it, followed by another guy.

What's crazy is they all described the same stage, characters, and actions of the assist trophy of Chunky Kong, and they all weren't together (sans that first pair of 2 people I mentioned).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Credit to the first person who made this.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In line with a fellow smasher (who is a close relatively of an EXTREMELY FAMOUS SMASHER) that I've know for a while said he saw it on Wednesday at Best Buy (we were in line at this time last Saturday).

Right after he said that, 2 people in line who were together said they saw it as well, and then 1 guy also said he saw it, followed by another guy.

What's crazy is they all described the same stage, characters, and actions of the assist trophy of Chunky Kong, and they all weren't together (sans that first pair of 2 people I mentioned).
Either he's just a really rare AT, or he was only in the Best Buy demo. That actually makes more sense; some footage came from the Best Buy demo, but very little did. So I'm starting to think that he just missed out on being in the E3 demo but he was in Best Buy, and some Best Buy's didn't allow footage to be recorded.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Either he's just a really rare AT, or he was only in the Best Buy demo. That actually makes more sense; some footage came from the Best Buy demo, but very little did. So I'm starting to think that he just missed out on being in the E3 demo but he was in Best Buy, and some Best Buy's didn't allow footage to be recorded.
I think he was only at the Best Buy demos somehow, haha.

My Best Buy allowed video recording (and kinda encouraged it), but man, almost nobody recorded matches. Other than myself and my brother, out of the hundreds of times I was near either game maybe 5 people recorded matches.

So yeah, it's definitely real. Too many different people across too many Best Buy locations that are unconnected saw it for it to be fake.

And if it was fake, this would be the biggest Illuminati crap since whatever the last Assassin's Creed title wasn't that didn't involve pirates and stealing lots and lots of booty.

link2702

Smash Champion
a bunch of sonic's at's are still in smash4
link's bomb smashing/Fsmashing while holding a throwing item returned.

found all these the wed of the best buy demo.

Top Bottom