• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 What have you spotted in the Smash demo?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
STAGE ENTRIES

All veterans have the same stage entries as before.

Greninja appears out of a Poké Ball thrown onstage.

Wii Fit Trainer is already on the battlefield, as she wraps up her Tree pose.

Rosalina descends down on to the stage from the top right, like a meteorite. :p

Villager's house appears out of thin air, followed by him/her skipping out the door, waving to the camera.

VICTORY POSES

Wii Fit Trainer does a Tree pose, followed by a Warrior pose, and says "You need to control your balance!".

Villager catches a beetle with his net, and shows it off.

Little Mac's victory poses feature Doc Louis.

Pit swings the blades on Palutena's Bow around, and ends with a pose, saying "It's game over for you!".

VICTORY THEMES

From what I was able to hear, Mega Man's appears to be a boss clear theme from one of the NES games.

Bowser has a rock remix of the usual Mario victory theme.

Rosalina has the intro to Super Mario Galaxy.

Wii Fit Trainer's theme is a more celebratory version of the 10-note melody that is somewhat the "main theme" of the Wii Fit series, heard on many occasions across the 3 games.

Villager's is a fanfare version of the title screen music from the original GameCube Animal Crossing.

STAGE MUSIC

The music that plays during Smash Run is random.

Town & City has a medley of The City, the main theme of Wild World and City Folk, and 2:00 AM.

Reset Bomb Forest has Chapter 11: Viridi, the Goddess of Nature.

Ghiriham's Theme is mixed in with the Ballad of the Goddess on Skyloft.

The main theme for this new Smash game plays on Battlefield.

GAMEPLAY

When rolling , you'll stay in the same direction as before.

Pikachu's Quick Attack can now move three times.

Fox's Illusion doesn't leave him in free fall after use.

VOICE ACTING

Fox has a new voice actor.

Kerri Kane appears to be reprising her role from Mario Kart 7 as Rosalina.

Makiko Ohmoto expectedly returns to voice Kirby, and she's even recorded entirely new voice samples!

October Moore reprises her role for the female Wii Fit Trainer.

The Villager has a voice, too, it seems. We hear the female one saying "Thanks, Nook!" after handing him the Bells during Dream Home.

Antony Del Rios's back for Pit after Uprising.

ASSIST TROPHIES

Shadow

Starfy

Magnus

Chunky Kong

POKÉMON

Giratina's new, and uses some sort of wind move.

SMASH RUN ENEMIES

Egg-Robo (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Yellow Ghost (Find Mii) (It's also worth noting that they can protect themselves with colored shields, but whether they have special immunity like in the original games is unknown.)

Bubbles (The Legend of Zelda)

OTHER

The Wii U GamePad can be used for Off-TV Play.

We finally heard the new announcer!

The software icon for the Wii U version was spotted while they were changing inputs on the TV. It's the Smash emblem in a blue background. :T

Last edited:

Onyx Leo

Smash Cadet
I noticed during the Treehouse stream, Bowser's victory theme is a guitar rendition of the standard Mario fanfare. It's not unlike Metaknight's in Brawl, but now that Bowser does it I can't help but wonder if Smash is going to do something similar to Dissidia? Heroes with normal music, villains with a hard metal remix? If that's the case, then I can't wait to hear Ganondorf's victory theme!

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Pikachu can change direction in the air with Quick Attack up to three times.

Alternate Villagers are colours, not costumes.

Just two little things I noticed.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Little Mac's intro animation has him in his pink hoodie(I really hope that's an alt aswell as his intro animation)

And his win animation has Doc Louis in it.

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Holy.

This is absurd and I'll welcome the change.

Has anyone spotted many of the alternate costumes? I only remember a couple. Pikachu kept all of his from Brawl. Mario gets Ice Mario. Little Mac has one with a white wifebeater, and Mega Man has some based on Super Arm (?), Items in Mega Man 2, and Leaf Shield.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Sheik's is the same as before. You can find it in game footage on GameXplain's YouTube channel (Gerudo Valley).

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
Ah damn. I have a feeling though that they just kept the unannounced Final Smashes of veterans the same as Brawl for the demo and that it is possible they might change it for the actual release. It's kind of lame that Zelda and Sheik have the same Final Smashes. I'm assuming DK has the bongos still and that was one I hope changes.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Fox's Illusion no longer puts him into free fall.
Wait, for real? That's huge for Fox mains...that is an insane buff to his recovery if you can illusion and then up+B.

Mac's victory pose is cool, but man, it takes way too long to load the victory screen after the end of a match. I hope they fix that before they go gold with the game.

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Wait, for real? That's huge for Fox mains...that is an insane buff to his recovery if you can illusion and then up+B.

Mac's victory pose is cool, but man, it takes way too long to load the victory screen after the end of a match. I hope they fix that before they go gold with the game.

Yeah, check the Fox boards for SSB4, a guy posted a video with Fox Illusioning off stage, double jumping and then using Firefox.

This is offset by the huge nerfs we've seen to Fox, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rosalina's victory theme is the intro theme from Super Mario Galaxy, which means, that, like Meta Knight, she has a unique victory theme from other characters from her own series.

Also, and I'm not 100% sure on this, but I swear that I heard Ghirahim's theme in the remix of Ballad of the Goddess that plays on Skyloft. Now I could be hearing things, but there is definitely a song mixed in, and it would make sense.

Ah damn. I have a feeling though that they just kept the unannounced Final Smashes of veterans the same as Brawl for the demo and that it is possible they might change it for the actual release. It's kind of lame that Zelda and Sheik have the same Final Smashes. I'm assuming DK has the bongos still and that was one I hope changes.
The Bongos are still his FS. However, they seem to be more powerful and have longer range, and there is now a beat track so you know when to press the button, and it will tell you how you did for each beat.

Last edited:

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
For Olimar its basically the same until you crash your ship its basically just acts like a warp star. its a tad weak and can be avoided f players fly up when night fall occurs.
Also master balls I think I was just lucky but two spawned in my match .

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I already posted this in the speculation thread, but here's what I got:
So, in case all y'all were wondering about Smash Fest:
I was able to get talking with the Nintendo Rep down where I was, and this is everything I got out of him
  • He wasn't aware of any other characters that haven't been revealed yet ( I even pushed him about it in case he did know.... no dice)
  • The Smash Coin giveaway is interesting. It's golden (as stated) and on one side it has the Smash Bros. Symbol Logo and on the other side it has the text logo.
  • The rep said that they've changed their minds about the giveaway, and that if you pre order it today, you're basically guaranteed the coin (I'm unsure if this is just my area or anywhere else)
  • Smash Coins will be handed out when the game releases, just be sure to save your receipt!
  • They handed out Smash Pins, Smash Stickers, and some Mario Kart 8 flags (see imgur link below)
  • Not too many stages and characters. The characters I can remember are: Mario, Link, Wii Fit Trainer, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Fox, Marth, Villager, Mega Man, Greninja, Zero Suit Samus, Samus, Little Mac and I think Kirby? Like I said, I can't quite remember all of them. I think Sonic may have been in there
  • Stages I remember: Punch-Out Ring, Battlefield, Wily's Castle, I THINK Coloseum, and I can't remember the rest. My friends quickly picked a stage before I could analyze
  • 3DS version ran nice. Mega Man's taunts include: Him turning his back to the camera with his face turned, his mega buster kinda exerting exhaust, and what looked like he just teleported in. I ran into lots of Metroids, Kremlings, etc.
  • Items didn't appear too much... I was a bit confused
  • The 3DS version is playable in-line, while you wait for the Wii U version
  • The 3DS version allows you to play Smash Run and play against computers for about 7 minutes. In the menu, normal smash is there, but the people that maintain the 3DS' are forced for you to only play Smash Run
  • The Wii U thing is a two minute match (no stocks or coins, just a typical match) with four others. You play with the Wii U Pro Controller with items on as well.
  • After all that, you receive some coupons and a mini kinda paper thing that promotes the Coin thingy, and the rules for it (see imgur link below).
Hope this helps for y'all! I didn't have a camera with me, but in case you're going on Saturday, I thought I'd fill you in! OH! And another thing, GET THERE 3-4 HOURS EARLY! The thing gets packed fast! Some people came in 9:00 in the morning. So, get there as early as possible!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
http://imgur.com/WY1GQHd,Ic3L4IB,Ix4H6Sv,FXIMTXQ#0

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The line was about 2-3 hours at mine. Didn't get to see much. I can say that giratina is a Pokeball. Not sure what it does. Also, Giga Bowser is back. He last a bit longer it seems.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
By the way, TC, your title says "spitted." Makes it seem like this is a negative topic directed at being negative against Smash Bros.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
When you roll now, you continue facing the same direction when you come out of the roll. Anyone brought that up yet? That's a pretty big adjustment

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The line was about 2-3 hours at mine. Didn't get to see much. I can say that giratina is a Pokeball. Not sure what it does. Also, Giga Bowser is back. He last a bit longer it seems.
I saw Giratina! It shoots out what looks like a gust of wind that both pushes back and damages foes.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
After watching some E3 gameplay, I am able to confirm the following.

STAGE ENTRIES

All veterans have the same stage entries as before.

Greninja appears out of a Poké Ball thrown onstage.

Wii Fit Trainer is already on the battlefield, as she wraps up her Tree pose.

Rosalina descends down on to the stage really fast in a spiral motion.

Villager's house appears out of thin air, followed by him/her skipping out the door, waving to the camera.

VICTORY POSES

Wii Fit Trainer does a Tree pose, followed by a Warrior pose.

Villager catches a beetle with his net, and shows it off.

Little Mac's victory poses feature Doc Louis.

VICTORY THEMES:

From what I was able to hear, Mega Man's appears to be a boss clear theme from one of the NES games.

Bowser has a rock remix of the usual Mario victory theme.

Rosalina has the intro to Super Mario Galaxy.

STAGE MUSIC

The music that plays during Smash Run depends on the character you use.

Town & City apparently has a completely new track?

Reset Bomb Forest has Chapter 11: Viridi, the Goddess of Nature.

Ghiriham's Theme is mixed in with the Ballad of the Goddess on Skyloft.
ASSIST TROPHIES

Shadow's back.

We knew he was in the game in some form or another, but now we know for sure that Starfy's an AT again.

POKÉMON

Giratina is a new Pokémon, and use some sort of wind-related Move.

Mewtwo Strikes Back! ...In a Poké Ball. (u mad? :troll:)

SMASH RUN ENEMIES

Egg-Robo

Gastly

Yellow Ghost (It's also worth noting that they also have colored shields.)

MISC.

There is Off-TV Play on the GamePad screen.

Either Fox got a new voice actor, or it's just his Japanese one.

Kerri Kane's voice samples from Mario Kart 7 are being reused for Rosalina, at least (probably) as a placeholder.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Might not be that much of a big deal though. As I recall, Pikachu needs a 38 angle difference between directional changes. Assuming this applies to all three jumps, it would be very difficult for the 3 jumps to be beneficial towards recovery distance (whether that be in terms of vertical distance or horizontal distance). It has practicality but not really towards recovering.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I have no idea why they would buff Fox and Pikachu even more. Like 3 quick attacks? Honestly?

So long as everyone else is insanely good I suppose :p. Is Samus as good as Nintendo raves she is?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Something else I noticed about alt. colors:

Sonic's purple costume has crystals around his wrist where the cuffs of his gloves should be, and on... I believe his Silver costume, said cuffs glow.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Not the most significant of things, but I found out that you can't wall jump twice. You have to land before it'll let you wall jump again. Perhaps if you alternate walls (Right Wall -> Left Wall -> Right Wall -> Left Wall) then you'll be able to walljump more than once, but you can't wall jump off of the same wall twice in a row before landing.

I tested this out on both the 3DS and the Wii U versions with Little Mac and Fox. Neither could walljump twice in the 3DS version and Little Mac couldn't in the Wii U version either (tried it on the Wily Stage four times). I only got to play the Wii U version the one time, over 500 people showed up at the CT West Hartford Smash-Fest.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
So I have no idea why they would buff Fox and Pikachu even more. Like 3 quick attacks? Honestly?

So long as everyone else is insanely good I suppose :p. Is Samus as good as Nintendo raves she is?

Fox was nerfed to the ground, lol.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Isn't there a new item that resembles a drill? Possibly from Jill Dozer?

Saw it on the Invitational.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
When you roll now, you continue facing the same direction when you come out of the roll. Anyone brought that up yet? That's a pretty big adjustment
Interesting.I can't tell if they left it that way intentionally.i can see this change encouraging less rolling.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
A few little things I saw that I haven't seen posted yet.

Chunky Kong is an AT, he ground pounds and bananas drop from the ceiling.

Bubbles (The Zelda ones), Redeads, and some KI:U-looking ship enemy with a polygon shield were some Smash Run enemies I encountered.

When in Giga Mac mode, Mac does not have access to his KO punch, even if he's built up full meter for it.

Yoshi's moves have received a lot of changes from playing him in the 3DS demo, with new running attack (a dive kick) and upsmash (a fox-like flipkick). He might also be able to jump while Egg Rolling now, might've been an edge thing.

I can officially deconfirm Cranky Kong as well, as I collected him as a trophy in Smash Run.

More to come when I have time to do a full write-up of this.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
A few little things I saw that I haven't seen posted yet.

Chunky Kong is an AT, he ground pounds and bananas drop from the ceiling.

Bubbles, Redeads, and some KI:U-looking ship enemy with a polygon shield were some Smash Run enemies I encountered.

When in Giga Mac mode, Mac does not have access to his KO punch, even if he's built up full meter for it.

Yoshi's moves have received a lot of changes from playing him in the 3DS demo, with new running attack (a dive kick) and upsmash (a fox-like flipkick). He might also be able to jump while Egg Rolling now, might've been an edge thing.

I can officially deconfirm Cranky Kong as well, as I collected him as a trophy in Smash Run.

More to come when I have time to do a full write-up of this.
...Wait, Bubbles from Clu Clu Land?

Top Bottom