• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

NeilMik

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neil_Mik
the worst thing IMO when someone plays one game barley wins then leaves oh yeah they normally say something nasty before they go along the lines of "you suck" "HAHA"

ACTUALLY MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL

hate smack talkers in general none of them would ever have the balls to say to it my face

Last edited:

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Gets pretty damn disheartening when you've got someone practically sleepwallking through a match and then there's me trying my hardest to even get in there. Pretty much my experience against Clouds as Dedede, even a sub par Cloud can completely shut down Dedede's approach with the right spacing. Stuff like that is what led to me dropping Game and Watch in this game, I'd work my ass off to get percentages high enough for a kill, only to get KOd by a stray Fsmash at 80%. Doesn't sit good.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
When in 2V2 For Glory, I really cannot stand being completely ignored as they attempt to go for my friend.

This happens to me way more than it should hence why I'm even complaining about it in the first place. I don't understand it. I can be aggressive as humanely possible, even get the most KOs or even double KO them both and yet sometimes it seems like they don't deem me as important enough. Do people not see King Dedede/ROB/Zelda as a threat? Do they think since my friend plays Ganondorf/Shulk/Link/Cloud he's the easiest kill? I don't understand it. Come on guys, I exist as well. Please pay some attention to me.

Please. I'm begging you... I'm so lonely... So, so lonely...

Also, people who use the tag "GOEASYONME". N-No. No I won't go easy on you just because your tag says so. I get if you're practicing or trying to get better/learn a character but that gives me an even greater reason to go all out against you. If I slack off you won't learn as much as you should have. I know I wouldn't want anyone to go easy on me regardless of the situation, but that's just me.

(Geez, it seems like the more I play For Glory the more my "Gear Grinding" list expands...)

Last edited:

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
What is with most FG players pressing 'OK' within 3 seconds of losing, but if they win they will make you wait 65 seconds...a-holes...It is just a waste of time. Main reason I don't do rematches.

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
What is with most FG players pressing 'OK' within 3 seconds of losing, but if they win they will make you wait 65 seconds...a-holes...It is just a waste of time. Main reason I don't do rematches.
I get a lot of people that just wait a while as is. Anymore it's gotten so people are doing this just to see if their opponent is going to insult them. And of course some people get up to get a drink or use the restroom between matches. So really you should check to see who the real "a-hole" is in this situation.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Japanese people are pretty bad.

1. They're so cheap
2. Their sportsmanship is literally -100
3. They ALWAYS leave after one if they win, as if they're better than you, without even giving you a chance to adapt to their dumb playstyles
4. They play (from my experience) very slowly, it gets boring in about 2 minutes when they play a Dedede who just jumps and b-airs
5. It's impossible to learn anything from them because they don't do anything different. No reads, nothing fancy, they just play soullessly, no passion whatsoever.

Seriously, when I was playing against anyone not Japanese, I noticed a huge difference. I never feel good when I win against a Japanese person and I don't feel bad when I lose because literally they're all the same garbage, roll spamming, projectile spamming, pretending like they're better even though they're bad, I mean, every other nationality has this, but after 9000 or so matches on FG, with 5000 american and 4000 Japanese, I can safely say that in my experience, they're the worst. I've become so cynical in the game because of the way Japanese people play.

I had to pick up Link because of all them, but they usually leave after one match so if you don't win, they automatically think they're better. So rematches are rare.

Also, another thing, this isn't related to nationality and whatnot, but I feel super disrespected when people don't bother to learn their character. If all you can do with Lucario is spam neutral and side b and try to use up-b offensively and not learn his comboes and stuff, and just ignore all the work Sakurai and the team did on him (Or any character, really) you're a piece of trash. Period. Characters like Link and Samus are so intricate, but people don't put the work in and put it all to good use. This is probably why people think Samus is so bad, because she's played horribly. Nobody innovates on their characters at all. If you love a character, you should put the effort in to make them look the best they can, instead of just spamming.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Since I play Bowser, I'm starting to get a lot of people pre-emptively taunting what they think will be a KO. Whether it's during my recovery, or directly after the hit but before the KO... It's starting to get a little bit more than irritating.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you can see name tags at all is a terrible idea. So far it's only use is to throw insults at other people, just to show how childish you are.

"Oh man, this guy just beat me in an online video game, what can I do? Oh I know, I'll flash my pre-made " ******" tag. That will show him! Now my ego can rest."

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
People who don't pull Bowsercide back onstage when they can easily do so irritate me more than they should. I mean, I know this is partly my own fault because I actually go for Bowsercide (Actually, I usually overshoot aiming for near the ledge, but shush.), but usually it only works when you're a stock and 100% ahead, so it basically never works... Unless your opponent is stupid enough not to veer it back, which... Is irritating.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Characters like Kirby and DK who can do their quick tripping down-tilt to grab, which in DK's case is more annoying since that will lead to a 30% or so damage based on up throw to u-air.

Last edited:

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
Japanese people are pretty bad.

1. They're so cheap
2. Their sportsmanship is literally -100
3. They ALWAYS leave after one if they win, as if they're better than you, without even giving you a chance to adapt to their dumb playstyles
4. They play (from my experience) very slowly, it gets boring in about 2 minutes when they play a Dedede who just jumps and b-airs
5. It's impossible to learn anything from them because they don't do anything different. No reads, nothing fancy, they just play soullessly, no passion whatsoever.

Seriously, when I was playing against anyone not Japanese, I noticed a huge difference. I never feel good when I win against a Japanese person and I don't feel bad when I lose because literally they're all the same garbage, roll spamming, projectile spamming, pretending like they're better even though they're bad, I mean, every other nationality has this, but after 9000 or so matches on FG, with 5000 american and 4000 Japanese, I can safely say that in my experience, they're the worst. I've become so cynical in the game because of the way Japanese people play.

I had to pick up Link because of all them, but they usually leave after one match so if you don't win, they automatically think they're better. So rematches are rare.

Also, another thing, this isn't related to nationality and whatnot, but I feel super disrespected when people don't bother to learn their character. If all you can do with Lucario is spam neutral and side b and try to use up-b offensively and not learn his comboes and stuff, and just ignore all the work Sakurai and the team did on him (Or any character, really) you're a piece of trash. Period. Characters like Link and Samus are so intricate, but people don't put the work in and put it all to good use. This is probably why people think Samus is so bad, because she's played horribly. Nobody innovates on their characters at all. If you love a character, you should put the effort in to make them look the best they can, instead of just spamming.

95% of the time they leave before we even have a match. If they do accept a match, then they won't shy away from going to SD

I get a lot of people that just wait a while as is. Anymore it's gotten so people are doing this just to see if their opponent is going to insult them. And of course some people get up to get a drink or use the restroom between matches. So really you should check to see who the real "a-hole" is in this situation.
If you had any comprehension skills you would've realized i meant the same opponent. Maybe YOU should check to see who the a-hole is in this situation.

Last edited:

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
If you had any comprehension skills you would've realized i meant the same opponent. Maybe YOU should check to see who the a-hole is in this situation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As of late, the lack of character variety. I've been playing it since launch but it's gotten so much worse in the past two months for the 3DS version.

*Groan* Not them again..." tier::4falcon: :4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4marth::4ness::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4zss: (+20 for all black/"edgy" character variations)
"Common but not enough to get on your nerves" tier: :4bowser::4cloud::4diddy::4dk::4kirby::4lucas::4luigi::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
"Might go several days without seeing one" tier::4drmario: :4duckhunt::4greninja::4myfriends::4lucario::4lucina::4olimar::4pikachu::4rob::4robinm::4ryu::4shulk:
"Might go a week without seeing one" tier: :4charizard::4dedede::4darkpit::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4pit::rosalina: (usually better than your typical player)
"Virtually unused" tier: :4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4wario::4wiifit:(either hilariously bad or terrifyingly good)

Greda

Smash Journeyman
We haven't concluded that For Glory is a trash mode already? Oh, well. I guess I'll list my reasons here.

- Omega stages only (Final Destination is my 3rd most hated stage, that's pretty high up there). This design was a flaw beyond imaginable levels, why did the development team go with this...?
- EZ mode characters because of this flawed design
- Lack of options, 1v1 is restricted to be FG only and not For Fun where the mode could have been way more bearable imo
- The lag, oh my....
- The whole thing about W/R and how everyone wants to keep it up when in reality a lot of your wins come from people SDing because of lag or you yourself doing the same because of lag, so it becomes messy in the end.

As for the community...
- Trash Disrespectful players everywhere, you'll find a gem every 100 matches
- People taunting everywhere
- Nametags
- Sakurai not knowing that removing taunts and making players choose a nametag before selecting a mode will fix most of the problems...

Increased measures should be taken to get bad players

Fixing the rest of the problems should have been a piece of cake, too... Sakurai should take MK8 for example

- Customizable rules and settings.
- Regional matches.
- Expand the Stage Selection for FG, remove Omega restriction entirely (or at least make it good)
- Ban taunts and require people to choose a nametag before going in FG

It's safe to say online failed, at least for me, in Smash 4 as it did in Brawl (I honestly liked Brawls better...)

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
- The whole thing about W/R and how you're supposed to keep it up when in reality a lot of your wins come from people SDing because of lag or you yourself doing the same because of lag
To be completely honest, Win/Loss Ratio in a game like this is always kind of a pointless stat to have. Unless you're good and consistently good, your WLR is bound to get more homogeneous with more matches you play.
For example: 5000 wins to 4000 losses. Despite the fact that you're a whole thousand victories ahead of defeats, your Win Percentage is only 55.5%, which makes it sound kinda bad.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
As of late, the lack of character variety. I've been playing it since launch but it's gotten so much worse in the past two months for the 3DS version.

*Groan* Not them again..." tier::4falcon: :4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4link::4mario::4marth::4ness::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4zss: (+20 for all black/"edgy" character variations)
"Common but not enough to get on your nerves" tier: :4bowser::4cloud::4diddy::4dk::4kirby::4lucas::4luigi::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
"Might go several days without seeing one" tier::4drmario: :4duckhunt::4greninja::4myfriends::4lucario::4lucina::4olimar::4pikachu::4rob::4robinm::4ryu::4shulk:
"Might go a week without seeing one" tier: :4charizard::4dedede::4darkpit::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4pit::rosalina: (usually better than your typical player)
"Virtually unused" tier: :4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4wario::4wiifit:(either hilariously bad or terrifyingly good)
That moment when some of my best characters are in the 'not again' tier.
Mostly because of the people that play the same characters as me, and they're disgraceful.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
To be completely honest, Win/Loss Ratio in a game like this is always kind of a pointless stat to have. Unless you're good and consistently good, your WLR is bound to get more homogeneous with more matches you play.
For example: 5000 wins to 4000 losses. Despite the fact that you're a whole thousand victories ahead of defeats, your Win Percentage is only 55.5%, which makes it sound kinda bad.
Basically. So many people try to keep it high, and even if your perform well, you still did bad in your records window.

It also doesn't help that lag is such a determining factor, along with other things. So many people post their scores online, thinking like its some kind of determining factor. I see people everywhere telling themselves that they are terrible players since they think they have low scores, then feel bad about it.

I can hardly blame them, even on Miiverse (ew) if you want to prove you're a good player EVERYONE from my experiences asks for your W/L. As if it even matters in the end...

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Basically. So many people try to keep it high, and even if your perform well, you still did bad in your records window.

It also doesn't help that lag is such a determining factor, along with other things. So many people post their scores online, thinking like its some kind of determining factor. I see people everywhere telling thenselves that they are terrible players since they think they have low scores, then feel bad about themselves.

I can hardly blame them, even on Miiverse (ew) if you want to prove you're a good player EVERYONE from my experiences asks for your W/L. As if it even matters in the end...
Then again, this is the same game that tracks your average KOs and Falls per match. That's one of the most pointless stats I've ever seen recorded. As if 99% of people wouldn't have them between 1 and 1.5

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Then again, this is the same game that tracks your average KOs and Falls per match. That's one of the most pointless stats I've ever seen recorded. As if 99% of people wouldn't have them between 1 and 1.5
Yeah, it's almost as if they add bad and pointless features without reviewing them.

Oh, wait...

Racer07

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterSeven
3DS FC
3797-7378-1855
Huh, yeah, I think that happened to me many times to me. Kinda strange.

ChibiChan12

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon users that use the same move over and over, and pretty much any character that does that. Especially Villagers, Rosalina's, Zero Suit Samus', etc.. Also just Little Macs in general. :c

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
If one thing pisses me off is :4kirby: and :4fox: players on FG... They either play extremely cocky or extremely troll-like and I have NO IDEA why (Stand around a lot, spam certain attacks or patterns like they do not care, walk around without getting any positioning from it, Use inhale and spit you out for no reason, etc.)
:4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4wario::4wiifit:(either hilariously bad or terrifyingly good)
So freaking true, especially for Puff and Palutena! I'm prolly on the good side of puffs too haha.

D

Deleted member

Nobody plays as Palutena or Puff because they're garbage. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pretty refreshing to come across a good one tho'.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Dude, they got to save those awesome replays of the sick moves they pulled, just so they can watch it once and forget about it a few minutes later.

One more dumb thing I noticed is that when my opponent wins, they throw out the "GG" tag. But when they start loosing, they get silent. Guess Its not a "GG" if you loose then.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
We haven't concluded that For Glory is a trash mode already? Oh, well. I guess I'll list my reasons here.

- Omega stages only (Final Destination is my 3rd most hated stage, that's pretty high up there). This design was a flaw beyond imaginable levels, why did the development team go with this...?
- EZ mode characters because of this flawed design
- Lack of options, 1v1 is restricted to be FG only and not For Fun where the mode could have been way more bearable imo
- The lag, oh my....
- The whole thing about W/R and how everyone wants to keep it up when in reality a lot of your wins come from people SDing because of lag or you yourself doing the same because of lag, so it becomes messy in the end.

As for the community...
- Trash Disrespectful players everywhere, you'll find a gem every 100 matches
- People taunting everywhere
- Nametags
- Sakurai not knowing that removing taunts and making players choose a nametag before selecting a mode will fix most of the problems...

Increased measures should be taken to get bad players

Fixing the rest of the problems should have been a piece of cake, too... Sakurai should take MK8 for example

- Customizable rules and settings.
- Regional matches.
- Expand the Stage Selection for FG, remove Omega restriction entirely (or at least make it good)
- Ban taunts and require people to choose a nametag before going in FG

It's safe to say online failed, at least for me, in Smash 4 as it did in Brawl (I honestly liked Brawls better...)
This is one thing I really hate. Why did they make 1v1 for FG only? As a result all matches one gets is ruled by people whose sweat and Mountain Dew(tm) I can smell through the gamepad. It'd be nice to be able to relax whilst facing someone 1v1. Pretty much means you NEED friend to play against, or play against a laggy person.

Oh yes, matchmaking in sm4sh is a downright joke. You're forced to deal with what's thrown at you, no ping indicators, you can't see what character the opponent is going (which you can obviously do in local matches, and prepare accordingly.) The only indicator is the player's mii's name. If you're an english speaker and your opponent is Japanese, they'll leave because you're probably on a different continent. which is fair enough, it's just... Why are you matched against them in the first place?

If that. In my thousands of matches, I've seen probably about 20 people who were legitimately entertaining (for lulzyness or even matches). One was a wario that killed himself off the top with his fart. It was pretty funny

As it is, the only variation is wallcling omega stages which are straight up unbalanced for characters who can wallcling/jump. I've stalled out so many matches with Lucario in this way just to try and make my opponent mad, as they'd taunt in a previous match or would get on my nerves somehow. You'd be surprised how many people try to chase you down there as Mac or something. So many mistakes made.

I definitely agree although I've helped people through tags before. Saying "D-THROW. AS ROY." to help a guy out who tried to combo off his up-throw. Also some people such as myself have different controller schemes for different characters, so maybe if someone changes their tag, it becomes just a blank space. That'd avoid the whole nametag abuse/harassment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think you're understating how bad Brawl's online was. Being able to chose to play one on one without items is a huge improvement by itself. I do agree that SSB4's still has it's problems but I think it's come a long way and will likely get better with the next installment. Kind of like with the tag insults people keep bringing up, I think Nintendo will address this and other common complaints in the next game.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I think you're understating how bad Brawl's online was. Being able to chose to play one on one without items is a huge improvement by itself. I do agree that SSB4's still has it's problems but I think it's come a long way and will likely get better with the next installment. Kind of like with the tag insults people keep bringing up, I think Nintendo will address this and other common complaints in the next game.
Just a personal opinion. I went on Brawls online frequently and had more fun there. Sure the lag was worse, but there were still playable matches. The limited options in Brawl are basically For Fun in SSB4, and I didn't hate For Fun (sure wish it had 1v1, though), but I feel like from Brawl to For Fun, issues didn't get addressed at all. Lag is still common, and nothing else really changed.

I'm not denying that Smash 4 and its online didn't receive improvements, but a lot of what happened were just underwhelming, bland, and bad in my opinion. Smash is a game that has so much areas of customization in local play, but they didn't let you do anything with random players. It's generally bad for casual and competitive play. I was just hoping for something more in this game.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In due time. This game was practically an apology for Brawl as it was so I think there will be more focus on these sort of things in the future games. In truth, this feels like the first game in the series where competitive players were even somewhat taken seriously by Nintendo so I think there's no where to go but up.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
In due time. This game was practically an apology for Brawl as it was so I think there will be more focus on these sort of things in the future games. In truth, this feels like the first game in the series where competitive players were even somewhat taken seriously by Nintendo so I think there's no where to go but up.
Pretty much. When it comes to SM4SH, it somehow has things/elements of BRAWL that it should of have/got but just now we're seeing in this one. So yeah, I'll expect, or HOPE for improvements from here on.

:bowser:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This technically doesn't apply to just online, but I hate it when people use characters only because they've been buffed.

I remember when For Glory in early 2015 was flooded with nothing but :4luigi:'s who would do nothing but d-throw combos and fireballs. Strangely, after the Luigi nerf the amount of Luigis on For Glory just... vanished. Guess they didn't feel like adapting to him.

It may just be me, but now it seems like :4bowser: is following in Luigi's footsteps. Tons of people are playing as Bowser now only because he got an improved up-throw in the latest update. I say 1 out of 5 opponents I find online will use Bowser, as opposed to barely finding one in the past. Of course if Bowser gets nerfed they'll ditch him in a second and move on to the next good character.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Here's a new thing, Tether Grabs. Ever since Link and Lucas got range buffs on their grabs, I've been getting grabbed more than Suplex enemy in Kirby, and gets more annoying since Link has his down throw to up-tilt to u-air, while Lucas has his kill throws.
Than there's ZSS's grab, which is also annoyingly long, especially that dash grab.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
-Dying because of a lag hiccup and your input for your recovery isn't registered.
-Playing as :4dk::4dedede::4myfriends::4palutena::4shulk::4wario:when there's lag.
-Playing against :4duckhunt::4littlemac::4olimar::4rob::4sonic::4villager: when there's lag.
-When there's enough lag to throw off your spacing, especially grabs.
-:4bowserjr::4wario::4wiifit:player woes: knowing that 95% of the players who bother to pick up these characters will suck, making other players not take you seriously when you use them.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
The lack of good Sheik players comparative to the amount of people who play Sheik is really starting to irritate me.

I've never lost a single Bowser Vs. Sheik game since I picked him up (Pre 1.1.3, may I add.), and it's just irritating to have people throw themselves at top-tiers (especially ones I like) and do horribly against me. So many people blatantly rely on their character to carry them, they don't even understand how their character actually got their status. Even ZSS is a damn offender, and she's meant to be easy to play.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
The lack of good Sheik players comparative to the amount of people who play Sheik is really starting to irritate me.

I've never lost a single Bowser Vs. Sheik game since I picked him up (Pre 1.1.3, may I add.), and it's just irritating to have people throw themselves at top-tiers (especially ones I like) and do horribly against me. So many people blatantly rely on their character to carry them, they don't even understand how their character actually got their status. Even ZSS is a damn offender, and she's meant to be easy to play.
I agree completely with this about ZSS as well. I think on average I lose 1 in 20 matches against random sheiks and ZSS combined, as jigglypuff. and I mean not even close games. Most of them are people that switch to the character after one loss, and do WORSE against me. But at least it's better than them trying to ditto me.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I agree completely with this about ZSS as well. I think on average I lose 1 in 20 matches against random sheiks and ZSS combined, as jigglypuff. and I mean not even close games. Most of them are people that switch to the character after one loss, and do WORSE against me. But at least it's better than them trying to ditto me.
Yeah, it tends to be counterpicks to my Bowser most of the time, but the dittos are way worse, especially when it was closer to 1.1.3.

I just don't understand this kind of mentality at all. I tend to give a character 3/4 chances for me to win with before I consider there being no chance of me reliably winning, and that's to give me time to adapt and learn patterns, but FG is full of people just looking to get easy wins (as opposed to guaranteed wins) so bad they don't want to have to adapt or actually be good for that matter.

It gets irritating mostly because you know that most of these people could do way, way better (EG: Not getting bodied.) if they just stuck to playing one character instead of poor counterpick after counterpick. I just feel it kind of insulting to my intelligence that I wouldn't have learned obviously bad MUs or that someone can just pick up my character and prove they're better than me by winning a ditto once.

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
When someone loses constantly, staying even for 20 matches (which I stay because a player that bad always yields funny results), then they win 1 because I accidentally SD halfway through it and then they immediately leave because they won.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah, it tends to be counterpicks to my Bowser most of the time, but the dittos are way worse, especially when it was closer to 1.1.3.

I just don't understand this kind of mentality at all. I tend to give a character 3/4 chances for me to win with before I consider there being no chance of me reliably winning, and that's to give me time to adapt and learn patterns, but FG is full of people just looking to get easy wins (as opposed to guaranteed wins) so bad they don't want to have to adapt or actually be good for that matter.

It gets irritating mostly because you know that most of these people could do way, way better (EG: Not getting bodied.) if they just stuck to playing one character instead of poor counterpick after counterpick. I just feel it kind of insulting to my intelligence that I wouldn't have learned obviously bad MUs or that someone can just pick up my character and prove they're better than me by winning a ditto once.
I have seen this so many times it isn't funny. I may come across some people that stay as one character getting results or wins somehow. (Mostly because of me trying to figure them out, their kinks, tactics and acts on the match until I'm sure what to do. That's how I sometimes do in online, but what baffles me is that as SOON as I'm coming back, their characters start getting worse. And I mean, BADLY. They get read faster than a book, air dodge WAY too much, 'rolling in the deep' (as in, 2much rolling. Yeah, I used that as a term, hehe...), etc.

They get BODIED by me, HARD. And after some matches, of me even going as far as saying 'GG's' they leave without a word/out of nowhere. Like, wow. So much for being a 'good player', I guess... :smirk:

And about me changing characters...

I actually STAY as one character UNTIL I'm getting many victories with the same character. (Ex. :4dk: or :4pacman:) And then I change to another, otherwise I stay with the same or MAY hcange depending on my mood at the time. That's what I always do.

Rarely, and I mean, RARELY do I change my character because of my opponent being a certain character.

:bowser:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Another thing I've been noticing lately is the increasing number of people that fall for the stupidest rest bait I have. Doesn't matter how good or bad the opponent is, eventually I end up comboing them from one side of the stage to the other, then pop them up into the air. Rather than follow up though, I just land.

And like clockwork, they attack to "counter" the follow up that doesn't happen.... and then land on my head. Seriously, I should not be getting a rest off that. I don't even have to work for it, I just sit there and they set up the rest for me.

Top Bottom