• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
>loses to Bayonetta
>switches to ness/lucas game 2
>taunts if they take a stock/win

CAN YOU NOT?

jcx

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, Cloud wouldn't be so annoying to fight on For Glory (at least to me) if they didn't rely on Limit Charge so much.

I wouldn't mind if they charge it a little at the start of the match, did some attacks and good combos, and when I'm off stage charge; however half the time I am actively chasing them down because all they want to do is roll/shield/run/whatever it takes to charge it fully before they actually start fighting. Even after they have it fully charged they roll around like a Little Mac would with KO Punch.

It grew so tiresome I eventually started just letting Clouds Limit Charge if it meant getting rid of the whole "Chase me" process of it all. It might be a dumb move and whether I win or lose I continue to do it. If it means getting a tiresome match done faster then thats fine.

I can respect a Cloud that uses Limit Charge very little and actually... Ya know, fights and combos though.

Cloud still makes me salty, but they get respect for simply not being annoying with him.

Aside from the whole Cloud subject I actually find myself getting annoyed when I see players who only use Top Tiers. I'm mainly referring to the ones who clearly have no idea what they're doing with them and switch to a different Top Tier every match like it'll make a difference. Maybe they could be experimenting and seeing which Top Tier works for them, I don't know. But it really seems to give me a sense of frustration to see that. It doesn't happen very often though so I guess I can live with it, but still... Why exactly?

Just cause they're Top Tier doesn't make them a perfect key to winning. They also ya know... Require skill like everyone else.
That's the kind of Cloud I am. I charge Limit briefly in the neutral before trying to space with nair, bair, etc.

When it comes to tryhards/tier wh*res, I do see where you're coming from. That's juvenile logic for you. "If I use the best characters in the game, I'll win!" And they pay no attention to the fact that it comes down to skill with the character in the end. That used to be me, but now that I actually understand the game a lot better, I don't blindly play any of my characters (all of them are top or high tier, bar G&W)
>loses to Bayonetta
>switches to ness/lucas game 2
>taunts if they take a stock/win

CAN YOU NOT?
What's so bothersome about Ness or Lucas specifically?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
They're the go-to counterpick against bayo.
That, and in Ness' case, people like Omni are livid at him. Some say it's his down throw to forward aerial combo (which I don't think I can pull off as easily); while others say in that Ness despite his recovery issues has a ton of well-rounded tools and kills quite early as well, which makes him a pain to fight since he can technically kill you faster than the other well-rounded types (mainly :4mario: and :4pit:/:4darkpit:).

Edit: Also his pain in the ass back throw which kills too well early :p

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
That, and in Ness' case, people like Omni are livid at him. Some say it's his down throw to forward aerial combo (which I don't think I can pull off as easily); while others say in that Ness despite his recovery issues has a ton of well-rounded tools and kills quite early as well, which makes him a pain to fight since he can technically kill you faster than the other well-rounded types (mainly :4mario: and :4pit:/:4darkpit:).
I'm not too annoyed by Ness's D-Throw to F-Air combo or his PK Fire. Yes, they're still annoying, but I can manage them. What I still really hate is his B-Throw. Seriously, if Ness didn't have that, he'd be mid tier at best.

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Even though I play Ness myself, I tend to counterpick Villager against Bayo instead of Ness. Since Witch Time is something that I really want to stay out of, playing a projectile-heavy character makes me feel more comfortable since I don't have to worry about getting caught in Witch Time while camping/applying pressure.

Also, Ness' B-throw is definitely the most annoying tool in his arsenal, like Mega-Spider Mega-Spider just said. "Remember, young Johnny, make sure Ness doesn't grab you, or you'll end up dying at 80%!"

When it comes to PK Fire spam, however, Lucas is far worse than Ness IMO.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Even though I play Ness myself, I tend to counterpick Villager against Bayo instead of Ness. Since Witch Time is something that I really want to stay out of, playing a projectile-heavy character makes me feel more comfortable since I don't have to worry about getting caught in Witch Time while camping/applying pressure.

Also, Ness' B-throw is definitely the most annoying tool in his arsenal, like Mega-Spider Mega-Spider just said. "Remember, young Johnny, make sure Ness doesn't grab you, or you'll end up dying at 80%!"

When it comes to PK Fire spam, however, Lucas is far worse than Ness IMO.
I agree with Lucas's PK Fire being more annoying than Ness's. Part of me feels that since Ness was there since the very beginning, we've been able to adapt more to his PK Fire than Lucas's. I also feel that it has to due with Lucas's style. Lucas has far stronger zoning ability compared to Ness, with his PK Fire being used more as a "get back" option rather than a combo starter and his Z-Air can be used to poke at you. If you can keep Ness out, he's not going to get in. With Lucas, it's a matter of who can get in, and he can keep you out with his decent zoning game. Lucas does have two kill throws, but they don't compare to Ness's. Having two pretty decent kill throws doesn't make up for another character that has a guaranteed kill confirm at certain percents. You can spend the whole game winning against a Ness, but they can clutch it out and can kill you below 100% with rage. That really demotivates me at times, and makes me hate Ness players when I should hate the character and not the player.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Like most Ness mains, I have a love-hate relationship with Ness's backthrow. Some ditto's/matches I had with Ness players were pretty scary since if both of us were at kill percent, we played it safe, but all it takes is one grab or quick smash attack in order to win.
But seeing as most of the Ness's I've fought usually don't end up killing me with the back-throw (DI and stuff) I think I'm good.
As for something new in my disliking in For Glory, nowadays it's Kirby players. A simple case of a character that not alot of people consider great (I may be wrong about that.) but extremely annoying to fight.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Like most Ness mains, I have a love-hate relationship with Ness's backthrow. Some ditto's/matches I had with Ness players were pretty scary since if both of us were at kill percent, we played it safe, but all it takes is one grab or quick smash attack in order to win.
But seeing as most of the Ness's I've fought usually don't end up killing me with the back-throw (DI and stuff) I think I'm good.
As for something new in my disliking in For Glory, nowadays it's Kirby players. A simple case of a character that not alot of people consider great (I may be wrong about that.) but extremely annoying to fight.
I'm a Kirby main. He's not that great, but he's not nearly as bad as some of the Kirby players will tell you he is.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I would assume that most FG Kirbies are more casual players who aren't out to insult you but still use gimmicky, somewhat annoying tactics such as frequently using Stone and/or Inhale; more experienced players will try to go for Kirbycides, etc.

I haven't seen too much Kirbies for myself, however. I'm not active online at all, simply because I seem to have trouble connecting with other users, especially through FG.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
lol

Had to be playing as Falco as usual on For Glory
Met with a Samus player who trashed me a lot; cursed at myself for not knowing how to adapt and own her
She then switched to Ganondorf assuming that I was a waste of life meant to be disrespected, got trashed
I managed to own him with Roy via some solid Flare Blade baits
Then she trashed my Roy
Cue her leaving with her reaffirming "her point" lol

This is the one thing I LOVE about For Glory; it loves to make sure you suffer from the Ganondorf disrespect enough for you to have people say "go kill yourself you don't deserve to play Smash" in the most ***wiping non-verbal way possible.

Then again, I'm just salty; cue all the "kill yourself" replies incoming. : P

I do understand that that player actually managed to throw around their weight properly and efficiently to be good enough to trash me at the game....but really? Needing to switch to Ganondorf just to make me have a reason to die irl or something?

I'm starting to forever hate any Ganondorf mains online. All of them are just there to make you listen to **** and make sure you commit suicide for sucking in Smash.
Nearly every online player nowadays is deliberately trying to piss you off; if not, then you'll become one of them in one certain fashion or another (e.g. Me spamming Wario in For Fun just so I can keep eating his bike in a safe corner lol)

Last edited:

Scrubgod_0-2

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXSnopDoggyXx
On the few occasions I've played on For Glory, I dislike players who play bottom tiers who then counterpick cloud or the next top tier everyone pockets.

Also, try doing Dedede Jet Hammer only. Moving, defensive options, and recovery are still allowed but only attack with Jet Hammer.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
On the few occasions I've played on For Glory, I dislike players who play bottom tiers who then counterpick cloud or the next top tier everyone pockets.

Also, try doing Dedede Jet Hammer only. Moving, defensive options, and recovery are still allowed but only attack with Jet Hammer.
lol, most of them I assume are Ganondorf mains that waste time trying to disrespect players like me online while also inducing enough salt to make someone either stop playing the game for good or to call them a pathetic excuse in life while spamming the "git gud" meme non-stop.

Some people have too much difficulty "learning the game" via being aware and adapting (e.g. a dumb **** such as I), so cue all the insults lol

And lol; Sakurai had to nerf his baby Dedede so much in terms of aerial mobility; it's pretty damn stupid imho

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
SneaselSawashiro SneaselSawashiro You know what above all else makes me angry when I play For Glory? Taunting. I hate it when people taunt, and over what? Getting a KO or winning the game? I don't mind a taunt before we fight because it's like saying "Hey, good luck on the game," or when something really stupid/cool happens that deserves a taunt. Taunting just to mock me really makes me angry, because it tells me that the person is out to embarrass me and nothing else. Nearly every Mario player I run into these days has been doing this, and I'm starting to hate Mario as a result.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Why are so many cloud players on FG huge assholes? Like, you're playing baby's first swordsman, have a piece of humble pie and cool it.

I beat some cloud player with bayonetta, and they accused me of being a coward (haha wut). Yeah, pardon me for not running right into your massive tree trunk of a sword. Never bring a sword to a gunfight, and all that.

I alternated between mewtwo and bayo, and each match came down to lost stock, last hit. So of course, they taunted ruthlessly, usually when they thought I died, but lived. And the ones they won, well, you know the drill.

"trash"
"lolbodied"
"its-so-sad"
"pathetic"
"coward"

I reminded them that they were only barely winning, but obviously if they acknowledged that, they wouldnt be the badass scrubkiller they seem to think they are.

I even said "lol" and "GG" when they legitimately outplayed me, but again, these kinds of players have no shame.

Cloud players, man. If its not the character, it's the people who play him and think they're amazing.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Why are so many cloud players on FG huge ********? Like, you're playing baby's first swordsman, have a piece of humble pie and cool it.

I beat some cloud player with bayonetta, and they accused me of being a coward (haha wut). Yeah, pardon me for not running right into your massive tree trunk of a sword. Never bring a sword to a gunfight, and all that.

I alternated between mewtwo and bayo, and each match came down to lost stock, last hit. So of course, they taunted ruthlessly, usually when they thought I died, but lived. And the ones they won, well, you know the drill.

"trash"
"lolbodied"
"its-so-sad"
"pathetic"
"coward"

I reminded them that they were only barely winning, but obviously if they acknowledged that, they wouldnt be the badass scrubkiller they seem to think they are.

I even said "lol" and "GG" when they legitimately outplayed me, but again, these kinds of players have no shame.

Cloud players, man. If its not the character, it's the people who play him and think they're amazing.
Then they switch to Ganondorf just to "disrespect" you lol : P

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Then they switch to Ganondorf just to "disrespect" you lol : P
Ya know, I enjoy it when people do switch to Ganondorf.

A lot of times when someone switches to Ganondorf it's very obvious on what they want to do, and is also obvious they have absolutely no idea how to even use him. They just want to style and disrespect, but actually end up getting two stocked in the end because I simply wasn't born yesterday. You can really tell who mains Ganondorf on For Glory and who just wants to use him for "Lulz, disrespect. Totes goin on YouTube lol you noob". I wonder if For Glorians will ever learn that trying so hard to disrespect will always end badly for them?

Last edited:

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I hate when people win against you by spamming projectiles and then after doing that for 4-5-6-7 matches the decide to switch to your main and spam a projectle attack you have and think they're so sweet, then there's also the excessive rolling like all this tumbling you'd think they were doing parkour or gymnastics or some crap like that. and the trucking rosalina's and their up air. You wanna see an example of good smash bros? complete with all the fundimentals and not just spamming? Go watch clips from any evo stream since the release of smash 4. those guys are what for glory was supposed to be like. A way to test yourself with others around the world. Psych( But all these scrubs who think they are so sweet because they can spam side B. ZeRo and Mew2King would have a field day with them. although I kinda respect players who share a mewtwo main and are actually good at it and don't just spam disable, confusion and shadow ball. I will admit that I like to up throw a lot but only because it's effect and combos quite well in many ways I only really use it as a finisher though so like if they're up at like 140 or greater I'll grab to up throw and then if they don't go offscreen i'll hit that up smash as they float down and send em into orbit literally mew2's up smash summons a galaxy! but I try not to do it more than once. I don't really have a problem with bayonetta for one reason if they are so desperate to win on a low level stage like for glory and the only way the can do that is by using bayonetta because she's cheap AF let em' plus they all do the same thing you know what I'm talking about I don't know what they input combination is because I didn't want to waste my money on a noob main don't get me wrong if you're actually good at smash and use bayonetta in creative ways then more power to you but the for glory bayoneta's just (english) NO!! (Japanese)IIE!! (German)NEIN!!. (Latin)NULLOS!!

Sorry for the long rant It's just that so much crap not worthy to be flushed down a gas station toilet happens on for glory. Have a nice day good luck in your quest to combat the evils of for glory scrubs! :4mewtwo:Uprising out.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Here's a new one that happened last night. I was playing Cloud and fighting someone who was playing Mario. I lost my first stock easily the first match due to buffering but eventually I won.
Next match he switches to Meta Knight and I too also lose my first stock early. The match has a couple hiccups of lag, but most of them were working in my opponents favor, and eventually he tries to up smash me as I get up the ledge, only for me to kill him with a 140% rage down-smash.
At the CSS he blames the lag on his loss, and he tells me that I suck afterwards. At that I quipped; "ULOST" and then he left.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Here's a new one that happened last night. I was playing Cloud and fighting someone who was playing Mario. I lost my first stock easily the first match due to buffering but eventually I won.
Next match he switches to Meta Knight and I too also lose my first stock early. The match has a couple hiccups of lag, but most of them were working in my opponents favor, and eventually he tries to up smash me as I get up the ledge, only for me to kill him with a 140% rage down-smash.
At the CSS he blames the lag on his loss, and he tells me that I suck afterwards. At that I quipped; "ULOST" and then he left.
Don't be reactive. It's going to make you look like not just an FG tryhard, scrub, etc. but also as a hypocrite.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So idk if it's still going on, or if there's a new one, but the last time I went on fg was first week of september. I go look at what the new conquest is. Rosaluma and Olimar. I have extreme personal bias against Olimar, so I decide to try out Rosaluma, even though I know it won't go well.
Turns out 3ds fg is literally made of IntroSpektive fans, because the person I'm playing with leaves after one match. Then that happens again about 5 more times, 1 match, then they leave, new person, cycle starts over again. Like, I know I'm horrible with her and can't play her, but do you hate her so much you'll leave after one game?

jcx

Smash Journeyman
So idk if it's still going on, or if there's a new one, but the last time I went on fg was first week of september. I go look at what the new conquest is. Rosaluma and Olimar. I have extreme personal bias against Olimar, so I decide to try out Rosaluma, even though I know it won't go well.
Turns out 3ds fg is literally made of IntroSpektive fans, because the person I'm playing with leaves after one match. Then that happens again about 5 more times, 1 match, then they leave, new person, cycle starts over again. Like, I know I'm horrible with her and can't play her, but do you hate her so much you'll leave after one game?
Oh, man. Rosalina hate is everywhere, trust me. I'm not fond of Rosa myself, but I know for certain that her overly negative reputation extends far beyond Intro's fanbase.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Oh, man. Rosalina hate is everywhere, trust me. I'm not fond of Rosa myself, but I know for certain that her overly negative reputation extends far beyond Intro's fanbase.
I haven't spoken to many Rosa players, but the few that I did speak to acted so spoiled, like spoiled rich kids levels. I know that Rosa's a really good character and she has a grip on the majority of the cast, but you don't beat everyone and you shouldn't act so high and mighty.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Well, that's a bit of relief, but also kinda sad for rosaluma.

Ironically enough, I just checked, and rosaluma beat DHD and Olimar in that"Strength in Numbers" conquest. Fortunately this next conquest I can get in on easily since it means I can ganon things up.

Last edited:

Snapcion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snapcion
3DS FC
0318-9925-8134
I hate to say this but i get unreasonably frustrated while playing against someone online, in person im totally fine but not online. I guess the main thing that i hate is when im fighting someone way worse than me but for some reason i lose and they taunt. It makes me want to jump into a hole filled with piano wire. I also main Charizard so bad players who are playing characters with exceptional frame data such as Mario really annoy me.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Found another thign I dislike: communications errors. Not laggy, but a match being suddenly interrupted and stopped "due to a communication error"
I got a Little Mac to counter at the edge, thus sending him to his death, then did the same with bayo and bat within. Then in a later match I just walked up to bayo and limit down b'ed her.
All replays I could have gotten ruined because of "communication errors"

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I haven't spoken to many Rosa players, but the few that I did speak to acted so spoiled, like spoiled rich kids levels. I know that Rosa's a really good character and she has a grip on the majority of the cast, but you don't beat everyone and you shouldn't act so high and mighty.
Welp, guess I'm going to have to be wary if I attend higher SoCal tourneys in the future. I really hope that's just the low level player description and not the personality of a good player like Falln.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Ya know, I enjoy it when people do switch to Ganondorf.

A lot of times when someone switches to Ganondorf it's very obvious on what they want to do, and is also obvious they have absolutely no idea how to even use him. They just want to style and disrespect, but actually end up getting two stocked in the end because I simply wasn't born yesterday. You can really tell who mains Ganondorf on For Glory and who just wants to use him for "Lulz, disrespect. Totes goin on YouTube lol you noob". I wonder if For Glorians will ever learn that trying so hard to disrespect will always end badly for them?
Sadly for me, my skill level is still hampered by a quite a few things, so most of those Ganondorfs easily **** up my every mistake : P It's a pain to try to fight against them when you're losing already and then of course, under sweaty-controller pressure trying to make sure they don't land a hard hit on you.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
lol

Just ran into ANOTHER player who switched to Ganondorf after I lost many times to him (and guess what? Not only was I trying to recover from a loss against a damn Yoshi/Ness main as my horrible low-tier man Falco, he was even using Little Mac for the first few times and kept winning).

And now he's just spamming other non-top tier heavy hitters.

This game is a waste of time if all I'm doing is to play to lose and have people mock me in many different indirect ways in the style of LeafyIsHere (**** that guy)

I don't even know anymore about this bull**** mode. It just seems like everyone's an ***hole who just wants to switch to the "disrespecters" for the montages as soon as they prove you're horrible at the game.

Time to switch to Wario and spam his down b, side b (so I can eat it up in a random corner) and my side b "where the **** is mai bike" animation lol; yup, I'm degrading into a depressed troll thanks to this.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
lol

Just ran into ANOTHER player who switched to Ganondorf after I lost many times to him (and guess what? Not only was I trying to recover from a loss against a damn Yoshi/Ness main as my horrible low-tier man Falco, he was even using Little Mac for the first few times and kept winning).

And now he's just spamming other non-top tier heavy hitters.

This game is a waste of time if all I'm doing is to play to lose and have people mock me in many different indirect ways in the style of LeafyIsHere (**** that guy)

I don't even know anymore about this bull**** mode. It just seems like everyone's an ***hole who just wants to switch to the "disrespecters" for the montages as soon as they prove you're horrible at the game.

Time to switch to Wario and spam his down b, side b (so I can eat it up in a random corner) and my side b "where the **** is mai bike" animation lol; yup, I'm degrading into a depressed troll thanks to this.
This is why the next Smash Bros game needs a ranking system. I'd rather fight someone of equal rank than some troll who wants to prove how bad you are at the game. Also, it would be great to see what character I'm up against. I really hate not knowing ahead of time.

KirbCider

Smash Ace

It's sadly what For Glory has evolved to but I wouldn't quite say it's a waste a time. Mentally draining and stress inducing, but not that.

The thing I'd have to say that really gets to me more than anything I've posted about is I made the realization that I allowed For Glory to change my mentality. Even before For Glory Taunts haven't really bothered me a great deal, and I'd probably even view Dash Dancing as something pretty cool (rather than something try hards like to do in place of a Taunt); however, the longer I exposed myself to For Glory the more that started to change. It even got to the point where if I lose I think "Oh great, they're gonna insult now" after a match.

I do understand this is the Internet and that's how Online Games work. I tell this same thing to others, but it's the fact I now immediately expect it the moment I enter For Glory by every opponent I face that makes me realize how much it changed my way of thinking.

It kinda sucks. But in any case, don't give up. I know I won't despite everything I've been through on For Glory.

Also: Maybe it would help if you found some opponents here to face to cleanse yourself of For Glory. I do it once in awhile when I just feel too burnt out on the mode to really deal with it, and I've found plenty of good players here as well that made things super fun. I'll even go against you if you'd like at some point and perhaps we can both help each other improve as well. It never hurts to try, right?

Also, it would be great to see what character I'm up against. I really hate not knowing ahead of time.
Nah, because then For Glorians would call you "Cheap" and use the excuse of "You counter picked me, so of COURSE you'd win!"

How do I know? Because it's For Glory, where salt and excuses might as well be currency.

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
This is why the next Smash Bros game needs a ranking system. I'd rather fight someone of equal rank than some troll who wants to prove how bad you are at the game. Also, it would be great to see what character I'm up against. I really hate not knowing ahead of time.
Agreed. I'd really appreciate having a new online mode with the convienience of FG and the REAL competitiveness of Anther's. FG in Japan is the only place where everyone's friendly and what not, since the community's helpful to each other (prize money is illegal, so they're not hypercompetitive like us Westerners) and the Internet has zero lag.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
jcx jcx

The American scene irritates me sometimes. Yes, it is a lot more exciting sometimes, and the hype moments really are some of the greatest moments in tournaments, but what I can't stand is the vitriolic nature of some people. I find the attitudes in the American community to be a lot more toxic than the Japanese community. People will berate for using certain characters, whether they'd be top or low tier, and more often than not, people will suddenly switch to top tier characters because they're "easy" or that "they can win me a tournament." I know Smash isn't exactly a game about integrity, but find that to be lazy. This game really does reward laziness sometimes, especially with characters like Mario.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
jcx jcx

The American scene irritates me sometimes. Yes, it is a lot more exciting sometimes, and the hype moments really are some of the greatest moments in tournaments, but what I can't stand is the vitriolic nature of some people. I find the attitudes in the American community to be a lot more toxic than the Japanese community. People will berate for using certain characters, whether they'd be top or low tier, and more often than not, people will suddenly switch to top tier characters because they're "easy" or that "they can win me a tournament." I know Smash isn't exactly a game about integrity, but find that to be lazy. This game really does reward laziness sometimes, especially with characters like Mario.
Up-tilt-up-tilt-up-tilt-up-tilt-up-tilt-up-tilt-up-tilt-up-smash

Mario back aerial >>>> at spacing than Falco's back aerial

Meanwhile Falco back aerial gets beat out by Kirby forward aerial lol

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Oh look, a player named Nelson.....OH WAIT, that little ***hat of a green Samus player I clearly remember who whooped my ***.

A few times she wins against my Falco again, who does she use? Ganondorf. Again.

Forced to play Mewtwo and Shadow Ball spam to bait him. Only got ONE win on him and now he after a few more wins leaves all because I wasn't worth his time.

I ****ing hate this mode. It's impossible to improve when there's so many other ***hats who stomp on you and rub it in your ****ing face on how much you can't improve your decision-making and mechanics.
I'm just going to play my Falco on For Fun and beat up people to vent.

(P.S. I'm guessing Falco just plain sucks in my hands; other characters have too many advantages. Also, while I've played Dark/Black Pit for the longest time before any DLC game out via getting used to most of his combos, spamming side B for a punish isn't as reliable since I'll stale that crap too quickly.)

Edit: Ganondorf while he's easy to punish yes, creates a lot of pressure due to how hard he hits as well as my hands and 3DS having notable amounts of sweat from trying to fight as hard as I can.

Last edited:

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
I actually just deal with lag as it comes...as long as it isn't severe I can deal with it. What I DON'T like is when people blame ME for the lag!
The comment is up there quickly so obviously they made the comment before, get a clue, if you're telling this to a bunch of different people it's obviously YOUR connection that's the problem, not mine.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
jcx jcx

More like berate people in general for even picking up any competitive game, but that's just my saltiness speaking on my behalf lol

Top Bottom