• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Love that game (as you can probably tell from my profile pic). I agree with you about the Sorrowing Meadow (the graveyard) taking awhile to complete, but it was the only place I could pull a 1000+ hit combo for a sidequest. I'm thinking about playing through it again sometime so I can get all the achievements.
I'm convinced the Sorrowing Meadow is like that only for the combo achievement.

Last edited:

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Well I finished inFamous Second Son, and it was pretty underwhelming.

The powers lacked impact, the story was bland, the characters were forgettable and the climax was a let down.

It's the weakest of the 3 games for me.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually playing an adventure game called "Grim Fandango", originally released in 1998 (I'm barely older than it!).

It's very difficult in it's own way, you have to have played it to understand what I mean... :drsad:

Got it recommended through an older friend, and so far I love the game. Amazing soundtrack, genuinly funny dialogue, interesting characters and locations... really everything I'm looking for in a game. Straight into my top ten favorite games!

:198:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Today I played a little Mario Golf 64 on the Wii with my friends. It's a nice alternative when Smash 64 gets too intense.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Replaying DQIX and trying to find time to complete Super Mario RPG before I move onto Paper Mario.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS. To be honest this is my first RE game and I quite liked it. The 3DS does do the game justice with the game having some of the prettiest graphics on the 3DS. Am not a horror person, but the game appealed to my tastes. Gameplay is pretty nice although dodging is a bit clunky.

Done with the campaign (which really creeped me out at 2-3 moments, mostly the bosses). Now dealing with Raid mode. I really really dislike the Scagdeads. And the speedy ones are things for nightmares -_-

Also playing a bit of Runescape (AKA the most time consuming MMO) at the side.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Resident Evil: Revelations on 3DS. To be honest this is my first RE game and I quite liked it. The 3DS does do the game justice with the game having some of the prettiest graphics on the 3DS. Am not a horror person, but the game appealed to my tastes. Gameplay is pretty nice although dodging is a bit clunky.

Done with the campaign (which really creeped me out at 2-3 moments, mostly the bosses). Now dealing with Raid mode. I really really dislike the Scagdeads. And the speedy ones are things for nightmares -_-
Glad to see someone else enjoyed it. After Resident Evil Raiden, Revelations def. proved a handheld RE could be good.
Oh god, Scagdeads are the worst.
They are even worse in Revelations 2's Raid Mode.
Did you want a giant damage-sponge enemy with a chainsaw arm that has a OHKO kill, moves at twice your speed, is on fire, has a shield, and explodes when you kill it? No? Too bad. Here's a giant damage-sponge enemy with a chainsaw arm that has a OHKO kill, moves at twice your speed, is on fire, has a shield, and explodes when you kill it. >.>

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Glad to see someone else enjoyed it. After Resident Evil Raiden, Revelations def. proved a handheld RE could be good.
Oh god, Scagdeads are the worst.
They are even worse in Revelations 2's Raid Mode.
Did you want a giant damage-sponge enemy with a chainsaw arm that has a OHKO kill, moves at twice your speed, is on fire, has a shield, and explodes when you kill it? No? Too bad. Here's a giant damage-sponge enemy with a chainsaw arm that has a OHKO kill, moves at twice your speed, is on fire, has a shield, and explodes when you kill it. >.>
I still have to get access to Revelations 2. It is unfortunate it doesn't feature on the Wii U or even 3DS (where the series started!) so I will have to get it for PC.

Normal Scagdeads aren't that much of a problem cause of their speed. Although the very first scagdead in the campaign was definitely creepy, mainly cause of the buildup, dialogues as well as atmosphere. I didn't even expect it had a one hit kill move (cause I didn't know it was supposed to be a boss) so when I first encountered I was shotgunning when it grabbed me (dodge doesn't work on him -_-) and OHKO.

Tried Ghost Ship on Raid in Chasm difficulty. Everything is going fine till I reach an area after swimming through the flood. First I am attacked by the shooting Oozes which while annoying due to their high numbers are easy to pick off with my Muramasa (bless that rifle). Suddenly a speedy level 20 Scagdead spawns (I was level 17) which kept chasing me while the Oozes blocked my way. Died with OHKO again. Awful! Now just going to level and hopefully get access to the legendary shotgun before I go at it again.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I bought Majora's Mask 3D a few days back, I'm REALLY enjoying the game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I still have to get access to Revelations 2. It is unfortunate it doesn't feature on the Wii U or even 3DS (where the series started!) so I will have to get it for PC.

Normal Scagdeads aren't that much of a problem cause of their speed. Although the very first scagdead in the campaign was definitely creepy, mainly cause of the buildup, dialogues as well as atmosphere. I didn't even expect it had a one hit kill move (cause I didn't know it was supposed to be a boss) so when I first encountered I was shotgunning when it grabbed me (dodge doesn't work on him -_-) and OHKO.

Tried Ghost Ship on Raid in Chasm difficulty. Everything is going fine till I reach an area after swimming through the flood. First I am attacked by the shooting Oozes which while annoying due to their high numbers are easy to pick off with my Muramasa (bless that rifle). Suddenly a speedy level 20 Scagdead spawns (I was level 17) which kept chasing me while the Oozes blocked my way. Died with OHKO again. Awful! Now just going to level and hopefully get access to the legendary shotgun before I go at it again.
Yeah, in Revelations 2, the only way to beat them is basically to use Freezing Grenades to stop them dead in their tracks and unload everything you have. Otherwise fast Scagdeads are damn near unbeatable.
Meanwhile in the first game you don't...have freeze grenades. You just have to unload everything you have and pray they die before reaching you O.O
Also, Ghost Ship at Lvl 17 is a terrible idea, lol

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, in Revelations 2, the only way to beat them is basically to use Freezing Grenades to stop them dead in their tracks and unload everything you have. Otherwise fast Scagdeads are damn near unbeatable.
Meanwhile in the first game you don't...have freeze grenades. You just have to unload everything you have and pray they die before reaching you O.O
Also, Ghost Ship at Lvl 17 is a terrible idea, lol
Ghost Ship doesn't have levels such as Chasm, Trench, Abyss?

Seeing that I loved this game, I might as well pick up Revelations 2 and the remake of the first game that recently came out on the PC.

Edit: Just checked it doesn't. So I guess that means monsters will scale upto 50. Will come back after Abyss then xD

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I just finished playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'm reviewing it for my channel, and I have to say it's been a total pleasure. This game is easily one of the best aged games on the PS1.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Lots of Hyrule Warriors and Smash 4. in about a week I have every character for HW unlocked.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
My friends and I occasionally gather to play some of our favorite fighting games from the golden age of the genre. Here's what we play most often.

1) Super Street Fighter II: I actually think that Street Fighter II Turbo is more hardcore but my friends and I like the additional characters in Super so it usually wins out at our retro gaming parties.

2) Weaponlord: This cult classic arguably has the deepest gameplay mechanics of any 16-bit era fighting game. It's a shame that its gratuitous gore gets so much attention because it's really the wealth of regular and special moves that makes this game so memorable and engaging.

3) Mortal Kombat II: A sublime masterpiece with the perfect blend of accessibility and strategy.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Undertale. One of the best games I've played in a while.
Determination

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Shin Megami Tensei IV!

Recently paused my run through RE: Revelations Raid mode to start this gem of a game. I can't believe I had this game downloaded but hadn't played it yet! The game is amazing and definitely an overlooked RPG on the 3DS. I am totally hooked and can't stop playing (had some difficulty pulling myself away to study for my exams).

I am liking this more than SMT3, since the game introduces so many useful features such as the compendium, a huge amount of stock (20 demons at once 0.0) and an integration of the SMT3 overworld gameplay and some of the recent spin-off titles. The game is pretty big and has better pacing than SMT: Strange Journey (a huge, overly complex - the maps - but awesome SMT game, the last SMT game I played).

The lack of the moon feature doesn't bother me much either. Can't wait to finish it (only to replay it trying to get another ending x D)!

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I picked up the Star Wars Battlefront beta yesterday, I'm really hooked. If EA don't screw up this the way they did with BF4 it might be one of my favorite games of the year.

Besides CS:GO this is the only real "fun" shooter I've played in a while, as there are lots of cool vehicles, traits, weapons, special "cards" etc. I also love that there's basically no bullet drop. I despise games where you have to aim 20 meters above the head of your enemy to hit with a sniper, and you can actually shoot with guns without them waving around on the screen like crazy.

Last edited:
I'm playin' the only phone game I will openly acknowledge - the iOS port of the GBA version of SMT1.

Shin Megami Tensei IV!

Recently paused my run through RE: Revelations Raid mode to start this gem of a game. I can't believe I had this game downloaded but hadn't played it yet! The game is amazing and definitely an overlooked RPG on the 3DS.
It's decent, but probably overlooked due to the overwhelming popularity of Persona 4. Well, every SMT game is overlooked due to the overwhelming popularity of Persona 4. Even Persona 2 - the best of the Personas!

also nocturne is the GOAT

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I played the Battlefront Beta... It's just... not all that great. There's nothing wrong with it, it's a super polished experience, sound design is excellent, graphics are amazing, the guns feel nice, but it's just boring, at least walker assault is. If you want more Star Wars in your life, then I'd recommend it, but outside of that you're better off looking elsewhere.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
I'm actually enjoying the Battlefront BETA.
Specifically I like the bright red colours of the blasters so I can see where shots are coming from, and that everything is on a cooldown, so reloading and no worrying about ammo.

It actually reminds me of Splatoon.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm playin' the only phone game I will openly acknowledge - the iOS port of the GBA version of SMT1.

It's decent, but probably overlooked due to the overwhelming popularity of Persona 4. Well, every SMT game is overlooked due to the overwhelming popularity of Persona 4. Even Persona 2 - the best of the Personas!

also nocturne is the GOAT
Yea everyone disregards the main series which gave birth to Persona -_-

The influence is starting to reach other SMT games such as SMT: DeSu2 and what happened to SMT x FE ,which may still be an excellent game but definitely not what people were expecting.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Been playing Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS. Almost got stuck in a save corruption glitch (whoops) but other then that I'm enjoying it much more then 999.

They're both games in the Zero Escape series, where you and eight other people are kidnapped by a man named Zero and you're thrown into a maze and have to escape. (Real shocker there.) The important thing is that each "player" has a bracelet that limits your options for going through doors in the maze with others, and not everybody can be trusted... Combined with the penalty for breaking the rules, death by bomb in your gut/poison in your bracelet, things heat up pretty quickly.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
A few things, since I've not practiced Smash in a month. Chibi-Robo Zip Lash, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid 5, Star Wars Battlefront beta, Shovel Knight Plague Knight DLC, Freedom Planet, and Super Mario Maker are what I've been rotating mostly.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I've not practiced Smash in a month.
I feel your pain, bro. College sucks, especially when you get a prima donna professor who acts like you're only taking their class, and assigns homework accordingly.

When I get time, I can go back to Morrowind, try to force myself to finish Xenosaga 2, and of course practice Smash with its completely changed shield mechanics. When I'm not throwing my Halloween costume together, because my area's monthly is on the 31st.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I feel your pain, bro. College sucks, especially when you get a prima donna professor who acts like you're only taking their class, and assigns homework accordingly.

When I get time, I can go back to Morrowind, try to force myself to finish Xenosaga 2, and of course practice Smash with its completely changed shield mechanics. When I'm not throwing my Halloween costume together, because my area's monthly is on the 31st.
My excuse "John" is life: my career and my family. That and I have such a huge interest in gaming in general.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Finished SMTIV on the Law route, but a SMT game is never truly over till you get all the endings, especially the usually canonical (or thought to be canonical, and best) Neutral route.

Many choices were depressing though like a lot of SMT games but since I have started my new life restart, hoping to blaze through the rest of the endings (with Neutral last) with the help of my DDS demon.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I started a file of Dead Space last weekend.

So far, it's been pretty fun. The game isn't quite as scary as I thought. Right now, though, my main problem is my aim; given that it's also a shooter game, I have trouble shooting in the proper places.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Currently playing Trauma Center: New Blood. Surgery simulator made by Atlus? How hard could that possibly be?

Answer: Slightly less hard than getting the Healing Touch to actually work before someone's heart explodes.

Gonna Rainbow-V Viewtiful Joe with SOMEBODY, probably Silvia.

And finally getting into Mega Man Star Force, which is not nearly as bad as everyone says.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Technically, this won't count in games playing, but I took a break from SMTIV and finished Xeodrifter.

Decent Metroidvania, although the bosses are just variants of each other. Might seem a bit blandish and not having enough depth. Still had fun for the 3 hours it lasted though (not a very efficient run).

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Wanted to do a fresh run of Atsuro's route before I started my NG+ for SMTIV.

Tried to get the Unkillable and Focused achievements at once. The last few levels were almost torture with all the times I repeated 'em to beat the boss without casualties (and no grinding).

The level 77 final boss (my MC was 57 -_-) surprised me (never did this guy's route before me) but finally managed to beat him down today. Gonna play both NG+s of Overclocked and SMTIV at once I guess. Love 'em both.

Last edited:

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Right now, I'm currently playing through Pokemon Crystal, as both my 3ds and my dsi are both broken.

NNID
GateThief
3DS FC
1719-4174-7629
Right now, I'm currently playing through Pokemon Crystal, as both my 3ds and my dsi are both broken.
It sucks that your 3ds and dsi are broken, but at least u still have something to play Pokemon with.

Another note I am currently playing Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D and going through Ico again.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
After not playing it for a few months, I've finally gotten back to playing the original Golden Sun. Also I know I said it before, but I think I'll actually go back to New Leaf after not playing it for nearly a year.

Top Bottom