• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Undertale. It looks like I finally able to play it despite already liking the game.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Oh, hey, I finally got Fire Emblem: Awakening! I'm playing it, now, and it's good so far, I guess. I'm really liking the cutscenes and the dialog.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I bought Fast Racing Neo yesterday. If you've ever played F-Zero or Wipeout, you'll probably like this game.

Also, the Hypersonic League is insane.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'm currently playing Remember Me. It's a game I really wanted to play prior to its release but I was afraid to because of the mixed reviews. I found it on a sale for $2-3 and decided to finally give it a try though.

Having finally played it, I can say that I really enjoy it. It has it's problems but I've never once felt that they made the game repetitive or uninteresting. Having just finished the Tomb Raider reboot for the first time, it's very clear for me to see that the platforming in Remember Me does not quite hold up to that level of quality. It's decent though and there are some interesting ideas (like panel-flipping billboards as an obstacle). What's good is that the Memory Remix segments and the combat both hold up. Also, the boss fights (Madame especially) have more imagination to them than a lot of other AAA games from that generation.

I think my favorite thing about it is the overall art direction and setting. Neo Paris is just a fantastic world that you want to explore. I'm alright with the fact that the game is linear but I feel that a more Metroidvania style definitely would have suited it.

The most disappointing thing about it is probably the story and writing. With such an amazing world and a cool protagonist, it sets up this expectation that it's going to tell a great story but I don't really feel like it's done that so far. I don't think that a world based around a mega corporation that has turned memories into a commodity really says anything about the future or about the human condition. What it feels like is that the developer first prototyped the Memory Remix mechanic and just said "hey, we should make it a sci-fi story about memories" or something.

Still, it's a game that I'm enjoying and will probably end up finishing. I like it.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I'm currently playing Mother 1 and boy has it been an experience. I like everything about it. The music, the story and the graphic's are cute for what the system itself had to work with. The only thing I'm not a big fan of is the game play. It's incredibly slow and I'm not a big fan of the random encounters. Other than that though, I like it!

Oh, and I've been playing through the Pacifist run of Undertale and replaying Smash 64 as well.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I bought Fast Racing Neo yesterday. If you've ever played F-Zero or Wipeout, you'll probably like this game.

Also, the Hypersonic League is insane.
I'm with this guy. Playing the same game. Everybody should go buy it right now honestly, it's simply too good.
Also, how many ships have you unlocked and what's your main vehicle?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Recently picked up the PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 and the Dreamcast version of Street Fighter 3rd Strike. I have to say, they're both probably the best in the series and have kept me occupied for a while.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I'm with this guy. Playing the same game. Everybody should go buy it right now honestly, it's simply too good.
Also, how many ships have you unlocked and what's your main vehicle?
I've unlocked most of the ships, and I've been using the Mueller PLS and the Fulcon Capital.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Currently playing the Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth series. The games are tons of fun despite having an all female cast and fanservice.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Currently playing the Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth series. The games are tons of fun despite having an all female cast and fanservice.
I remember you... aren't you from the Nepboards?
Neptunia is... alright. As long as you either only play one of the games that came out after Victory, or you really, really enjoy that gameplay, they are all the freaking same, that's why people tend to dislike this series.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I remember you... aren't you from the Nepboards?
Neptunia is... alright. As long as you either only play one of the games that came out after Victory, or you really, really enjoy that gameplay, they are all the freaking same, that's why people tend to dislike this series.
Nope. I don't remember making an account on the Nepboards at all. You must be mistaking me from someone else on that forum. Although, I do remember you from the "Unpopular gaming opinions" thread.

I did play all 3 of HDN: Re;birth games though and I still had a lot of fun. Not sure what people think of the original,mk2 and Victory but I personally think the Re;birth games are good remakes of those games despite the having the same gameplay throughout the games.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles X at the moment and I'm really enjoying it so far. The story is getting more interesting as I progress through.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Oh that's good. I've got the game completed outside of time attack, and I've been using my favorite, the Xisle.
Yeah I don't know what it is about the Xisle but I just can't get used to its stats. As soon as I tried the Mueller I did way better.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Yeah I don't know what it is about the Xisle but I just can't get used to its stats. As soon as I tried the Mueller I did way better.
It just takes some practice and being used to the ship. Right now, I'm on the fence between Xisle and bliss. The bliss looks so beautiful with those colors on it, but the leopard design of the Xisle is something else. Not sure.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
It just takes some practice and being used to the ship. Right now, I'm on the fence between Xisle and bliss. The bliss looks so beautiful with those colors on it, but the leopard design of the Xisle is something else. Not sure.
In your opinion what's the best ship in the game?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. In the former I'm somewhere deep into the second chapter, in the latter I'm making my way to Mt. Pyre with a team of solid high-30s

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
In your opinion what's the best ship in the game?
A close close battle between Fulcon and Zvil. Fulcon can have the jump in the beginning and with its speed, it might as well be the best in the game. However, Zvil, when theoretically played perfect, can catch up and beat the Fulcon. But, it really don't matter, there are 6 viable ships in the game to use.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Finishing up Xenoblade Chronicles X's storyline AFTER I get the final party member. Then comes the post game and side content. Although I still wonder how I will beat those level 90+ bosses, especially when the computer controlled characters are sometimes so stupid...

Also doing my first playthrough of Fire Emblem: Awakening. Neat game, but I am slightly infuriated by the addition of all those supports and marriages -_- Funnily enough, one of my favourite character is a child character. I don't think I should have taken Lunatic for my first play though. These dudes have unrealistic stats and still kill my promoted units.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Two games:
Final Fantasy 4 3D (Android): So far, I'm about 4-5 hours in. I just recently got Cecil to a Paladin and I really like it so far. The story and characters are interesting and the soundtrack is awesome, especially the map theme. Touch controls does make it somewhat awkward to move, but otherwise, I'm enjoying it.
Kirby's Dream Land 3: I'm on Cloudy Park (World 4), and so far, it's disappointing to say the least. I love the art style, the new animal buddies (Chuchu, Nago and Pitch) are fun to use along with the returning 3 from Dream Land 2 (Rick, Coo, and Kine), but the mission structure is what hurts the game if you ask me. Each world has the same 6 type of missions, but some of them can be a pain. One example is in World 3-6, where you have to find all the different R.O.B. parts to assemble him and get that level's Heart Star. You have to spend a lot of time trying to go through each path and figure out which animal buddy and Copy Ability you have to use, and that can get annoying. The only new ability Dream Land 3 introduces is Cleaning Kirby, which isn't that great of a Copy Ability, but with Chuchu, you can pretend you're Harry Potter, which is cool I guess. So far, I'd rank Dream Land 3 on the same level as I did for Squeak Squad: Not bad, but disappointing.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Xenoblade Chronicles since that game was my Christmas present. Eventually I will get the chance to play Xenoblade Chronicles X after maybe a month or so.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Just finished Metroid Fusion, and WOW I did NOT like it. The game is entirely on rails, to start. As nice as the plentiful missile refills are (I've always dislike how stingy the series is with its missiles), the constant health/missile refills made almost everything but the bosses a cakewalk.

The bosses are where my opinion goes from "it's alright" to "this game sucks". Almost every boss in the game is a massive moving hitbox that's really hard to dodge when you're not trying to shoot it, and practically impossible to dodge when you are. Every collision deals massive damage and the area you can shoot is either very tiny or is usually blocked by something. If that wasn't enough, to be at the right angle to hit the weak spot usually requires you to be in the most dangerous area you can be. Oh, and they each take about five trillion hits to kill. These bosses are so insane, I was scumming save states and they were still a nightmare. Fusion bosses aren't challenging, they're hard, and they're hard for the wrong reasons.

I honestly preferred Other M. Most of Other M's failings were in the story department, but the gameplay was solid.

Currently the three game I got on Christmas: Batman: Arkham Knight, Shovel Knight and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I play Arkham Knight the most.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Speaking of Mario & Luigi, I'm playing through Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga for the first time. It's really fun, and the combat is really smooth. The writing is pretty great too.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I seem to be on a Metroid kick lately, so I've started my first playthrough of Prime. I gave it a pass when it came out, and now I'm sorry that I did. This game is a lot of fun and it still looks great, especially for the time it was released.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS. I got it because I heard the game was big, and I wanted to something to play on the go. Shulk looks so much older in his origin game than he does in Smash Bros. The faces are pretty ugly and the jumping animations are hilarious. That being said, I'm really enjoying the game. The music and voices are nice, and beating up monsters is a lot of fun.

I also have Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I haven't played that, yet. Too busy with Splatoon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Been playing Trails in the Sky SC. Please go play FC if you like JRPGs but haven't yet.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Been playing Shovel Knight almost non-stop. This game is so polished I can practically see my reflection in it.

If every expansion for this game will be as amazing as Plague of Shadows, then I already can't wait for the next DLC.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Still not quite done with my Awakening Lunatic run... even with DLC grinding is sooo tedious. But in all honesty I love it when all of my units are maxed-out and flawless, so I'm kinda inflicting the pain of repeated grinding onto myself.

Also, Pokemon Shuffle and Picross. Just because they're free Pokemon games, and I love Pokemon.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently went back to playing Animal Crossing: Happy Home Deaigner after not touching it for like two months.

Barrelrolls220

Smash Rookie
NNID
magpie6006woof7
What Video Games Are You Playing Right now?

Hey guys so i want to know what game are you playing? this can be any console (including Computer). So honestly this can be any video game or even Board Games! such as uno or candy land :). just tell me guys this will be a pretty cool little thread :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum on Steam but I didn't put much time into it cuz the battery on my laptop died on me. Having played both Arkham City and Arkham Origins, I figure I should get the chance to play the one game I missed out on before getting Arkham Knight someday.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
I've just started the Fire Emblem for GBA (2003). It's stressing me out so much LOL

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Currently playing Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeon. OMG, I'm not finished with the game yet (although I think I'm close to the endgame) but the game has been a blast for me so far. Its definitely a huge improvement over Gates of Infinity.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Currently playing Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeon. OMG, I'm not finished with the game yet (although I think I'm close to the endgame) but the game has been a blast for me so far. Its definitely a huge improvement over Gates of Infinity.
I just bought SMD off of the eShop yesterday, and it's been soooo fun.

This may sound completely random, but what window skin do you use? They're all so pretty I can't choose... :cry:

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Once I'm done with Xenoblade Chronicles (the Wii version), I going to finish Fire Emblem Blazing Sword and/or start to play Final Fantasy VI (SNES) from the Wii Virtual Console. Though I might regret of not getting Chrono Trigger...

Top Bottom