• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you currently playing?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, I did play a little Tekken 3 this afternoon but one of my controllers gave out while I was in practice mode. The single-player modes are now pointless since I've unlocked everything worth getting. That said, I ain't too worried; I'll put away Tekken for a while and start contemplating advanced techniques in Melee, Brawl, and 4 (Wii U).

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Lately i've been playing some of the old handheld Sims games, Bustin' Out, 2 GBA&DS, and Urbz, since I suddenly felt nostalgic enough to replay them.
Outside that normally Overwatch and WWE 2k17, the latter I mostly mess with the character creator to make the likes of The Human Spider and Bonesaw.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...busted out Melee to try my hand at :icsmelee: wobbling after I had my fun with Pokèballs in Melee mode. I've had to slow down the time since this is my first time trying that AT, so...

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Well, I've been extremely bored as of late and can only play Smash (as well as a majority of other games that I own) so much at a time before I feel a little burnt out on them and need a break. That being said, for the past week I've been trying out Team Kirby Clash Deluxe considering that it was Free to Play on the 3DS eShop. It's certainly entertaining and the achievements it has entices me to keep playing it due to my 100% completionist mentality. It's a shame that it's so short though, to be honest...

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
I'm busy right now but when I get home I've got some Kirby Team Clash Deluxe to grind on and then maybe some Tekken Prime or Mario Kart 7, I dunno.

I also gotta play some more Wario Land 2, very fun game!

I could go on about other games but I have too much to say :4dedede:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn and Disgaea 5 Complete.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I'm going to be assertive and not limit my answer to a video game. I played Solitaire on my computer, and that was it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm spending most of my gaming time with WipEout Omega Collection on the PlayStation 4. It represents tremendous value for me since I never played the three games in the collection (WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048) before since I don't own a PS3 or Vita. WipEout: OC is drop-dead gorgeous and also supports 5.1 surround sound so I'm sure I'll be spending most of my summer playing it both online and off.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Instead of giving the same answer of Smash Bros. or Tekken since they are the only games I have for now, l shall be assertive and say I am playing card games today. Blackjack and Concentration, specifically.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Got River City Ransom Underground, BlazBlue: CentralFiction, and Doom II through the Steam Summer Sale, so I'll try those out today.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I recently resumed Bravely Default. Now I'm currently level grinding to fight an optional boss.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Still taking a break from my usual Smash/Tekken and finding more card games to play, from ones I forgot how to play to ones I never heard of. I do believe I tried my hand at 99, a game involving strategy and basic math, my best subject.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Team Clash Deluxe has been my #1 played game for the past two weeks (I'm level 45/50 so I'm working really hard right now), mixed with a little Mario Kart 7

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Before I forget how to play Tekken again, I am back on Tekken 3 to study and learn most characters' 10-hit combos.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Level grinding with I am Setsuna on Steam. Supposedly, I would've finished the game by now but I had other games that I needed to finish first.

It's currently the only game besides Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I'm gonna be playing at this point until I save some money to get more.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I'm really thinking about getting ARMS myself in the future, but for right now...

Crazy Eights, Old Maid, and studying character movesets in Tekken 4. Maybe after nightfall, Melee to practice ATs...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to pick up Earthbound again, and I'm hoping to finish it over the summer.

My main complaints about the game would be the way that inventory is handled (each character has an incredibly limited number of items that they can hold - not only does this leave little room for healing items, but when a main character is unceremoniously kidnapped, you lose a third of your inventory space and any important items that they might have been holding), and the way that the story progresses.

I don't know how you're supposed to know where you're going at times - a villain's dying words tell you that the character who was kidnapped is with Monotoli. Rather than going to the building with Monotoli's name written on it, you have to go to a random bar, press a button behind a counter, get sent to a strange alternate reality, break a statue, and go to a cave filled with monkeys.

Other than that, the game's fun - it just has some weird design choices that hold it back.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Playing Xenoblade Chronicle X. I beat the game pretty recently, after many losses against one of the last bosses. I'm trying to beat some Tyrants at the moment.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Turned on Tekken 3 this evening just to practice bringing out Jin's EWGF more often while still playing around with combos. That's pretty much it...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
N. Sane Trilogy and BotW DLC.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
For me, I'm playing Solitaire, Rummy, Tekken 3, Tekken 4, and Tekken 5 (the latter three I'm now practicing the combo game).

KirbCider

Smash Ace
If Mobile games count here, I've been playing some Bloons Tower Defense 5 as of late after getting another bored streak.

I remember playing the Bloons Tower Defense games during highschool so having a bit of nostalgia is kinda nice. It's entertaining and can be a tiny bit addicting. Co-Op can be irritating sometimes though since some don't know what Co-Op is apparently.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aside from Earthbound (Poo just left the party with no warning - thankfully, any plot-important items that he was holding were sent to the Escargo Express, but I just lost one of my most versatile team members, since he can both heal and do damage with his PSI), I'm playing a bit of Star Tropics to get into the summer mood.

Continuing in that game after dying is just painful - you come back to life with three hearts, no matter how much health you have in total, and enemies rarely ever drop hearts.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Not playing a video game today. I'm online playing Hearts and Spades against CPUs.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
For the month of July I'll mostly be playing Killer Instinct Gold because it's our game of the month over at N64Forever. Here's a link to the thread if you want to join in on the discussion.

Killer Instinct Gold

KIG is generally still held in high regard and there's even new interest in it from those who have more recently discovered the franchise on the Xbox One.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just beat Earthbound yesterday, and I think I'll try Star Tropics next. I just started chapter 3, so I've got a long way to go.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I'm trying out Toontown Rewritten. It may be a fanbase revival off of the original disney game when it shut down, and a bit childish, but it does get some aspects for a strategy MMO right on in my opinion.

Edit:
Can't forget my Black Ops 2 and Saints Row 4 in here now.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Okay, finally got another PS2 controller so I can play Tekken again. I played a little Tekken 3 to test it out in practice mode and the controls worked great. Now I'm 'bout to find some card games to play, so until next time...

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Persona 3: The Answer. This is what I should've played a long time ago, but couldn't since I was disciplining myself to finish The Journey (I was only up until the final boss anyways, so I know the whole story and ending).

Hard beginning too. So grinding just to conquer the first dungeon. P5 is easier than P3, I don't care what anyone says.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I went back to playing Final Fantasy X again. Basically level grinding (or AP grinding rather) as I play through the story.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got Secret of Mana through the Wii's Virtual Console a few weeks back, and Dragon Quest 8 for the 3DS yesterday, so I'm playing those. I don't know if I'm going about it wrong, but Secret of Mana seems hard - the werewolf bosses that I'm going against kill me in two hits, and killing enemies doesn't seem to boost my stats.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I've been taking a break from Smash 4 for about a month and a half now.
The first three weeks I played Melee, then the past week I was playing Brawl, and now I'm playingFE Echoes Shadows of Valentia. Currently on Act 3.

McChicken

Smash Rookie
At the time I'm only playing smash, but I really wanna get back to WoW. I'll have to wait until I'm through with all my exams first though (and I'm kinda broke).

Top Bottom