• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What draws you to GW?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
For me it's a number of things.

I used him in Melee, too he was just so awesome. You see I have a thing for quirky gimmicky characters and GW really stands out. Being 2D and moving in erratic frames and all that Jazz. He's just really unique and cool to me.

His moves are so random and awesome and he's retro and I'm a fan of retro gaming. Not even the games themselves but just the... "concept" (That's not the right word i'm looking for) I guess just the embodiment? or retro gaming or whatever you know what I'm saying.

I mean, I'm pretty weird anyway but GW is and that's why I like him.

Also his high risk high reward glass cannon playstyle just fits me too well

So what makes you main GW?

Oh also GW mains need our own phrase. Something that only we have, you know? We're chosen ones we gotta let people know. Make other character mains hear us saying our phrase and be like: "what's that mean?" but it'll be OUR word ya know?

I have my own GW word but it's sorta dumb I don't think anybody else would feel it but we can create our own that everyone here can use and rep GW with. We need to make GW relevant again so let's CONSTANTLY remind people he exists.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W is amazingly epic. Just like Mario.

Best F-smashes ever. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

They're both ridiculously versatile and are just plain classic.

Mained both characters since Melee.

ika

Smash Rookie
great smashes for c-stick spamming in 4-player FFA, excellent aerials, great recovery, JUDGEMENT, and easy to learn because all his moves are so "defined" (unlike, say, Marth, when his "jab", ftilt, and utilt look kinda similar).

Splice

Smash Hero
When I unlocked GaW in Melee, I thought he and Mewtwo were the two best characters in the game due to their mysteriousness.

I used GaW against my friend who used Falco because I could duck the lasters, and taunt when he tried to run up to me and run away. He was just a really, really annoying character but he had the skills and I like that. The match stick seems to come out of nowhere so gracefully and UpB and Nair in Melee, they just pop out you know? Like GaW has a secret pocket full of awesome that no-one knows about, He's just a cool guy and then BAM, here is a shiny hammer and you are dead.

I continued to use him in Brawl when I unlocked him, along with ROB, Snake and Sonic to beat Tabuu. I ditched Snake straight away pretty much, and kept Sonic coz he was also annoying. But in a tourney, with wiimotes (I used Gamecube controllers at that point, although when Brawl first came out I used Wiimote and Nunchuk coz it seemed the right thing to do) in February2009, I came 4th, only using GaW. I had since discovered Smashboardsand and when I got into the top 4 everyone used Snake, and I had to choose one character to use. I was gonna go Wolf but I stuck with Game and Watch and lost.

Since then I've found I had awesome skills with ROB, Mario, Diddy and numerous other chars by beating people at meets, but every tourney I cannot bring myself to use anyone other than GaW. I have an attachment to him now as a character, he features prominently in my art too. But yeah I really love the guy, he's got charisma, attitude, and grace <3

:gw:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
His air mobility and his lack of fear at the ledge.

I love to camp with him to :3

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
He's black.
That's what I was gonna say. Nothing more.

Now I have to say this:

In Melee:

-I was like '...what?' when I unlocked him.
-He's 2D.
-His frame rate was low, which made him look interesting on top of the whole 2D thing.
-He's... black...
-He was still just another character until...

...I used him for Event 51 and ended being the best choice for me. That's when I discovered how great the turtle was. :D

In Brawl:

-I used him in Melee.
-Since Roy wasn't going to be in Brawl, I planned to use him much more (as well as Marth... and Ike, too). That holds true today as it did before and when the game came out (although I use Ike much less...)

Yeah.

Rajam

Smash Champion
His randomness and all those weird weapons from nowhere lol... I like most of the characters in Brawl (except Fox and Jigglypuff which they haven`t liked me since SB64 back when I played with items and 4 people at the same time, and maybe Sonic), but G&W is my favorite by far. His power, range, priority and aerial mobility also is a plus

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
I just use him for the lulz, but the reasons would be...
-No cheesy lines (yeah i'm looking at you Ike)
-he's unique
-2D FTW!
-9!

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
-He's sexy
-His grab > Dthrow > DSmash hurts =)
-HE CAN FRY YOU SOME FOOD!
-His taunts are just awesome!
-He has a turtle! Dang!

GBye

Smash Cadet
There are only a few characters that make me OMG every now and then. One of them happens to be G&W.

MeatyBrawler

Smash Rookie
Bacon.
He Bleeps. I always asumed them cusses
He controls more dimnesions than Palkia!
Bacon.
He has no facial features and or cheesey lines.
Turtle Power!
Eco Friendly?
Bacon.
My black friend never feels left out.
He Owns.
He is so nice, He is a volunteer fireman.
Did i mention Bacon?

Blobby

Smash Cadet
-Hes TWO D
-He's random and it looks like hes lagging to me sometimes
-Funny beeping noises when he walks/attacks/jumps...
-I like old things
-the 9 hammer thingy. I always use that at the beginning and end of most matches :)

Funny thing is, when ever he wins, he occasionally jumps up and throws his hands in the air... To me that looks like hes trying to flip you off 2d style...

sambo400

Smash Apprentice
He's fast
Surprising range in air
Awesome recovery
HIS THROWS! You don't know where your going
He feels like a Melee character
good matchup wit MK
Norfair
Really powerfull
Black
Duck under stuff

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
1. Sexy Fishes.
2. Green looks hawt on gw
3. Used him in Melee.
4. I like turtles.
5. He's hot in general. What? I'd date him and I'm not gay.
6. The god of doubles.
7. Up-B is like so totally the best move evar.
8. I like turtles. Wait I already said that.
9. <- Hammer.

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
Hes really cheap against noobs. I beat my brother with G&W spamming dair. He could have shielded me every time but he didnt. His jab is almost as fast as the fan, only not having the reverse knock back. You can chain grab with dthrow + jab. Me and the computer are really lucky with judgment. I pull out a 9 just when I need one. And his uair is really good for air juggling, as if it doesnt hit, it will still send the enemy into the air.

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
I didn't like him too much in Melee, but when Brawl game around and I got into the metagame more, GaW quickly became a top player of mine. The fact his moves are so recognizable, meaning they are much easier to remember what each one does and when to use it really helped me learn him as a character.
Not to mention a projectile blocker, projectile shooter, and a chance character, awesome.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Some characters be using some fancy technology, or some swords, but **** that gaw uses a god**** flame on a match stick that kills earlier than all of that ****. He also has the balls to use a briefcase in a fight, along with a fish bowl and turtle. What a great character.

SorryAboutYourDaughter

Smash Rookie
- He's broken
- He's Pwn
- People say, "You main G&W?"

- Great Recovery
- Insane killing power
- Offers several different moves to spam
- A move for every situation
- Has Auto-kills
- Has a big nose (you know what that means!!!!!!)

walker935

Smash Rookie
I used GaW against my friend who used Falco because I could duck the lasters, and taunt when he tried to run up to me and run away. He was just a really, really annoying character but he had the skills and I like that. The match stick seems to come out of nowhere so gracefully ,Thanks

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
I was looking for a character to main.

Tried out Game & Watch.

Played against a DK main.

Hit him with up-smash.

Killed him at like 80%

He went D:<

And then I decided he would be my character from then on.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
I like Mr G & W air attacks, they are helpful moves to use.

Oh! and his down smash is pretty good.

He's number 2 on my favorite characters in brawl.

Top Bottom