• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What don't you like about Brawl so far?

Lesheik

Smash Lord
What don't you like about Brawl so far? I don't like the music. Most of seems too epic and not enough 8-bit. :laugh:

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
8-bit music? If that's the biggest concern about a game then the game will have minimal flaws. The music is awesome in my opinion.

Those big ugly avatars are what kind of annoy me. Hopefully they're just for demo.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Freeze frames, ambiguous online, and the damage counters.

EDIT: They fixed those things in the demo, the box art is hella ugly though.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
Freeze frames, ambiguous online, and the damage counters.
Yeah, actually, good point. I was hard-pressed to think of anything, but I agree with all of those. And I might be the only one who thinks so, but there's so many new items... such a ridiculous amount of new items... it feels completely over-saturated. I'm not looking forward to them very much.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
young link or WW link not confirmed for brawl -_____
dec. 3 ,2007 release date i want it released already

Spellman

Smash Ace
No complaints here.

I expressed slight annoyance about the 8-bit sprite dealie, but I guess it's going to be part of a series, and I'm not going to bash it. I have accepted you, 8-Bitties.

As for 8-Bit music, meh, meh, and meh. But don't worry, you'll get your chiptune music. With all the CD's that you'll be able to find, I'm sure classics in their original state will be present.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
1-5) Snake, all Snake-related items and stages, Snake's voice, and any other third party characters that might be planned.
6) All confirmed stages so far falling into three categories: "Icicle Mountain," "Mute City" and "Battlefield"
7) Final Smash
8) Assist trophies
9) Captain Olimar not confirmed.
10) Ridley not confrimed

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
The online mode is just bare basics and some of the items/assist trophies are looking like they might be gimmicky instead of really adding to the gameplay, but thats pretty hard to say as they haven's been shown really in-game yet

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
1-5) Snake, all Snake-related items and stages, Snake's voice, and any other third party characters that might be planned.
6) All confirmed stages so far falling into three categories: "Icicle Mountain," "Mute City" and "Battlefield"
7) Final Smash
8) Assist trophies
10) Ridley not confrimed
Woah.

And you're planning on buying this game?

Blackadder

Smash Master
7) Final Smash
8) Assist trophies
10) Ridley not confrimed
O_0
Snake is a great addition, and I hardly see how 1 or 2 other 3rd Party characters will kill the game.

The stages are not that bad, though some don't take my fancy, and I'm sure anyone can turn Final Smashes.
Same with the ATs.

And you dislike the game because some characters have no yet been confirmed? That's just ********.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
O_0
Snake is a great addition, and I hardly see how 1 or 2 other 3rd Party characters will kill the game.

The stages are not that bad, though some don't take my fancy, and I'm sure anyone can turn Final Smashes.
Same with the ATs.

And you dislike the game because some characters have no yet been confirmed? That's just ********.
QFT.
:[ Most of the stages are actually pretty awesome. They're all well-designed just look overall pretty. We haven't even gotten 3/8ths of the stages, and we already have some nice tourny stages, too.

I'm wary about the footstool jump, mainly. =/ If it's as broken as one can assume (easy to pull off, and generally an amazing edge-guard), then...yeah. I'm not looking forward to that.
I'm also wary of the Final Smashes. If they're button activated...which button? Will it prevent us from using attacks? Will we have a time limit to how long we can hold onto them? All of these can make or break the Final Smashes for me.

And to those who said they dislike the freeze frames, I think they're actually quite a good idea - it adds to combo ability.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
The ugly damage counters, ZeroSuitSamus, uhhh...

That's about it.

BudDudandSlash

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who digs the damage counters?

The only complaint I have off the top of my head is Resetti is not playable.

When that's the only thing I can think of, I know we're in for a real treat here. I'm sure I can find something to whine about once I actually PLAY the game in depth. :)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hmm, where to start?

Overabundance of quirky-but-not-fun stages *cough*Iceicle Mountain*cough*, Final Smashes, oversized avatars, too many items, assist trophies are unnessessary, bad WiFi, overabundance of quirky-but-not-fun stages *cough*Pokefloats*cough*, etc.

I hope they fix some of this stuff. -_-

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
The oversized HUD thing is probably the only thing I'm outright displeased with. For the rest, it just comes down to different levels of interest.

I am a bit worried, though, that the freeze frames will be a bit too similar to SSB's, aka, excessive. I like that they're putting more impact into hits, but I very much enjoy the speed of Melee. And I didn't like how freeze frames slowed things down so much it was positively easy to plan out the next few hits in SSB.

Cyrus6

Smash Rookie
personally, I am kind of worried because from the video so far this seems to be such a different smash brothers game in the sense that having added so many new things (from items, to new moves, levels etc) the game will lose a bit of its sense of straight forward combat.

What I found interesting though was that in the solid snake video available in the official website, it looks as if each character reacts differently, but still doing the same move (eg. doging a specific graple move he has), thus making it seem more natural.

But the thing that worries me the most is the Wii remote. Its great and all but when it comes to games that require precision it is not as dependable as my two thumbs :p I know you can plug the GC remote in, but i wonder what will be the problems with this method !

NukeA6

Smash Master
DK's Final Smash. Was that the best they can give him?

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I agree with DK's final smash, it is a little disappointing for the massive Kong with his almighty fists and the like. I guess I expected him to unleash some kind of fury, rather than playing music. But I don't go DK all that often so it isn't too bad.

People are angry about the online mode. So far it is a little lacking, but they have made a new category for it on the website, therefore new things are likely to come, like a ranked mode, or a mode where you can add friends or opponents who were really good to fight. Maybe even a tourney mode. I am going to give it more time before I think negatively about it.

But the only thing that gets me, I guess, is the lack of a European release date. We in Australia usually get our games around the same time as Europe, so without a release date for Europe, we are left guessing, though I think Q1 of 08 was said somewhere. But yes, Europe needs a release date, with a new video...

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
1-Avatars too big: yeah i think we all are in the same line here. But maybe we could be wrong.

2-No online coop mode. I wanted one XD

3- Pit final smash: Looks cool with palutena but the flying guys are gay.

4-Maybe the freeze frames can change somethng but we have to see for ourselves.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The fact that the online mode is flawed... but it's present. It should work fine if you play within the your home country.
P.S. Don't worry about the freeze frames. That will be fixed when the game is out. SSBM demos and videos at E3 had a lot of freeze frameas, especially with Kirby's down throw and DK's giant punch. Those Freeze frames are nonexistent now. If you pay attebtion to Solid Snake's video at the smash dojo, you can see the amount of freeze frames has decreased since the Nintendo World 2006 video.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
the way sakurai seems to look at the game bothers me greatly. We all want every player to reach the highest skill level, at least, we, as the competitive scene.

Sakurai has slowed the game down to almost a crawl, as we can see from the rediculous freeze frames and overall movement speed.

On the site he claims that rolling and dodging pleliminarily is a good thing. IT IS ****ING NOT A GOOD THING!

This philosophy has already ruined parts of melee, by making the defensive playstyle the most successfull. In brawl this balance seems to be even more extremely bad.

Overall gimmicky items and stages are looking to be his greatest focus, which is really sad.

About the footstooljump. DownB spiking with ganon doesnt penetrate most recoveries at some time, image trying to do that with a move that will probably have no real hitbox or priority.

Top Bottom