• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does it take to be banned?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm just gonna say it since no one else will

falco is better (in singles) than fox in most top/high tier matchups. exceptions are peach and jigglypuff (not by that much either)

I don't care what theory says, because EVER SINCE I'VE STARTED SMASH back in 2005, Falco's have always done a lot better than Fox's have with very rare exceptions here and there. It's been that way with a VERY large amount of different falco players for a LONG time (all 6 years I have been playing). I don't buy the theory stuff; I think Falco has more combo potential and option covering than Fox does and can do it on a more human-consistent level to almost-perfect play to the highest I've ever seen a human play either character.

Kal

Smash Champion
I do think there is some merit in arguing for practical ease (in terms of consistency) of the character compared to Fox or Marth. Fox is hard to remain consistent with, and to remain consistent with Marth is rather exhausting (the amount of precision required with Marth is quite high). Falco, on the other hand, has SHL which I think severely reduced stress the Falco has to deal with during the approach game. He also has an easy time not dropping combos and, if he drops a combo, his chances of picking it back up are quite good. Compared to Marth, who is both unable to pick the combo back up and is usually punished quite hard for dropping it. Though I suppose a very good argument exists for Fox not ever dropping combos, and for being able to pick them up (or at least come up with pressure) should he drop them.

However, "in theory" (whatever you want this to mean), there is also merit in the claim that Fox is better.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
oh I agree if we are all 100% perfect like, better than mango's warmed up fox perfect, then he could be slightly better. But not on a realistic human level, which is what matters. Even very very high human level play. And that's only because his ground jump is 2 frames faster, but it barely matters when Falco's dair is far better and can't even be smash DIed out of a combo which he can still easily react and follow up from from waveshining or lasers (when not waveshining) to forever keep him in control of the match and position.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, his lasers really are an insanely powerful tool. As far as consistency goes, I think his SHL and simplistic aerials provide for an overwhelming reduction of stress at high level play.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've thought about the possibility of Falco taking the number one spot over Fox for a while now. But Falco gets comboed hard, and his recovery is absolute garbage. I don't think that'll ever happen.

Also, what, M2K? Peach doesn't have a single positive MU among the top 7. How in the world does she do better than Falco in singles? (Unless you're talking about tournament results, which in that case, then okay...)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
foxes lasers make u approach
falco's lasers make u not approach
lol
i've always disliked this notion. fox's lasers deal damage, but they don't inherently force you to approach. you can just take the ledge and wait if you want, or even just take damage.
the main weaknesses of fox's lasers:
1. on hit, they don't inhibit movement. this makes spacing through them a non-issue.
2. in some cases fox sacrifices precise positioning and can get hit in exchange for 2-3 damage.

musicpip

Smash Rookie
MK should not be banned. it really is just a bunch of whining. yes he is very dominant and powerful but there are always ways around it. Just because a player wins a lot with a certain char. does not make them broken. Also, :ganonbrawl:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If a Brawl Ganon main supports MK being in the game, then MK should be in the game, honestly. You aren't going to find anyone who gets as shafted as a Brawl GANON main. He gets my vote.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Or you know, they just enjoy different things than you.

Bones0

Smash Legend

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What the fuuuuuu Dyna used to talk to me a lot lmao. Sad a game can change a persons point of view. ALSO SHE ****ing PLAYED BRAWL WITH ME.

I still enjoy melee and play it whenever I get the chance. Actually practicing it again and not practicing brawl for Apex, want to beat my last placing.

Top Bottom