• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want to see from King K. Rool in the next Smash game?

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Discuss here.

It’s already been several years since Ultimate released. There’s a chance a new Smash game could come one day.

Obviously, we want the king to return. I believe he will return given how popular he is and how the developers know he’s really popular.

Let’s say he will be back. What do you want to see from him in the next Smash game? Would you keep all his moves, taunts, and costumes the same? Are there some aspects to K. Rool’s character design that you think need buffing or tweaking in the next game? I feel he’s as perfect as it gets.

I’m hoping we can get a Gangplank Galleon stage in the next game.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
My K. Rool wishlist:
  • A Kaptain K. Rool costume at the very least. A Baron and Krusha costume would also be cool, but might be a bit more complicated.
  • A ton of buffs.
  • A taunt where you can play dead like in DKC1.
Other than that, though, I’d say K. Rool is perfectly fine as is. He’s probably one of Smash’s best-designed characters, IMO.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
As far as his moveset goes, K Rool is probably perfect IMO, mostly cause he’s the best match to my play style of any fighting game character I’ve ever touched.

The only stuff I really would change is all aesthetic. Primarily though I would mostly want his voice changed to his canon Super Sluggers one.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I’m grateful after all of these years that King K. Rool finally made it into Smash. The way he’s portrayed in Ultimate is a dream come true, and I wouldn’t change anything about it. The only thing would be, if there’s a new DK game in the future where he’s a main villain once again, there should be a brand new move that references the new DK game, and gets added to his arsenal of boss references in his existing moveset.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I returned to the forum to celebrate King K. Rool day. It’s the fifth year anniversary of King K. Rool’s great reveal that happened back in August 8, 2018.

As it pertains to the topic, I thought about the possibility of a Nintendo Switch 2 and something like a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe possibly happening. If that were to ever happen, then maybe it would be possible to have several new characters added and for characters that are already in the game to have their moves or appearances edited. For, King K. Rool, he’s pretty much perfect the way he is. I guess one thing I would do is change one of his taunts, instead of a sumo stomp, I would give him a maniacal laugh.

Top Bottom