• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want to be when you grow up?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't want to grow up.

Same here, but face it , it's part of growing up and eventually you'll have to face it.

Anyway since i'm already going of to college next month I'm going to major as a graphic designer, athletic coach as my second, i've always had a passion for both computers as well as sports so... yeah.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I want to be a writer.

And not a journalist because I hate journalism. I want to write novels that pertain to, but are not limited to, the genres of: inspirational fiction, realistic fiction, sci-fi, graphic novel, and romance.

I want to avoid doing washed out and generic romance so I probably won't do too many of those and for the graphic novel I just wanted to finish a lifetime goal of mine which is to write "The Invincible Suit" series completely. I don't care if it gets popular, I just want to finish it for myself.

I'll probably spend most of my time writing realistic fiction. I just can't see myself writing nonfiction (unless it's an autobiography about my own love life) so I think I'll stray away from that as well.

Oh, and I like to write sonnets. I'll probably throw together a book of poems and try to get it published.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Rockstar.

And I mean that for real!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I seriously dunno.

A male pronstar?
jk..
I dunno something computer related, maybe graphics art, or well I dunno.
I fail at life anyways.
lmfao i was about to put pronstar for jokes but then i refused too cause I know thiers someone in this thread who alreayd posted about being a pronstar..

on the real.

ugh

i wanna become an actor.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
0.o So much to choose from really, it's kinda hard to choose what you wanna be!

I might be the manager of my father's business once he retires but I don't want to since it's kinda boring. If I had a job, mabye I'd be a chef, video game designer, teacher, scientist that has to do something with physics or even a well... I can't think of anything now -.-

It's fun thinking of what you wanna be when you grow up, but it's so hard to choose the job you want to stick with through your whole life in like 5 years for certain people...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
When and if you go to college you can decide there. That's what a lot of people use college for.

And if that doesn't work out then pick the one that offers the most benefits and money.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I'm planning on skipping college and going to university, but I might take college if I don't decide by the end of high school what type of career I want to go in :3

I just don't wanna spend alot of time thinking about jobs... And especally if I decided to go into a job and later on I decide not to go into it. =D

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
They offer a lot of internships in college.

You could try each one of your preferences before it's all over, I would say. Then you could know definitively what you wanted to do.

But all in all just remember to do what you love. We should all spend our lives to the fullest extents. After all, you only get one. =)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^Truth, son, I am a little nervous about attending college next month, because I actually will start living in a dorm lol..

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
My goal is to work the least amount possible while getting paid the most amount of money. Completely ignoring that idea, I like drawing so I'll probably do something in the arts.

D

Deleted member

That's called being President. :p

Though seriously, doesn't everyone want that?

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I don't like doing anything. Except getting lotsa money without working much. I'm open for suggestions. =/

Amide

Smash Lord
@All of you wanting to work as little as possible and make the most money

Sure the wages would be nice, but wouldn't you prefer accomplishing something? Enjoying your work? There just has to be one activity you enjoy.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy Video games and music. Those aren't productive anyway.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
not with that attitude they aren't. lol

i'm in the same boat. i think i wanna be homeless when i grow up...
lol If I could be in a Metalband(Progressive Groove Metal band) in the veins of Exhorder AND make a living out of it, I wouldn't say no. Gotta be realistic though. Real money comes from all the crap they teach me at school. D:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol If I could be in a Metalband(Progressive Groove Metal band) in the veins of Exhorder AND make a living out of it, I wouldn't say no. Gotta be realistic though. Real money comes from all the crap they teach me at school. D:
haha yeah... i feel ya.
i'd be ridiculously hard (and lucky as ****) to make a metal band a career.
lol

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Especially Metal being an "underground" genre. Only the big names get enough money out of it. Most of the big names suck anyway(Metallica).

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lmao

i'm more into like... all shall perish, bring me the horizon, and as blood runs black...
but that's just one of the genre's i'm into.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Nothing School is teaching me right now is a big career move. even though i do need my general education, I won't learn what i really need to learn until college.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
wtf?!

We totally need to know the algorithmic form of the square root of A^5%$3 combijned with the power of two in our daily lives. I don't know how I go through my days without them.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
@All of you wanting to work as little as possible and make the most money

Sure the wages would be nice, but wouldn't you prefer accomplishing something? Enjoying your work? There just has to be one activity you enjoy.
If I enjoy my work, maybe. Athough, I don't want my life to be work.
I'm not going to take a job I hate or that'll make myself miserable just for money, but at the same time if there's a field where the money's just not there, it probably wouldn't be my job. You can always do those activities on the side.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
When I think about it, I honestly don't care what it is I'm doing as long as I have the money to be able to support my wife and kids. I refuse to be some piss poor excuse for a father. If that means having my hands bleed to provide then screw it, I'm going to take care of my children.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
WAS SOMEONE JOKING

I DON'T LIKE JOKING :mad::mad::mad::mad:

When I grow up I want to STRIKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF PEOPLE ON THE INTARWEBS!!!1one

Anyway, I'm doing what I wanted to do when I was younger.
I'm learning other skills, though.

Top Bottom