• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you use to record Brawl matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Pika

Smash Cadet
Pop in a vhs or dvd and rec what you are playing, then transferr on pc.

SoulSamurai

Smash Rookie
I have a Dazzle DVC 170 capture card which is very easy to use. Basicly one end has a USB connector and the other end is a set of composite video cable ports. To record videos, all you have to do is connect the USB connector to the USB port in your computer, and connect composite cables to the monitor output ports on your television and the A/V ports on the capture card. Then all you have to do is use the capturing software included ( you can use a different software such as Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker) to record your videos. This though, will only give you standard quality videos. For high quality videos, I recommend you buy a Gamebridge 1410 which has the exact same setup with the Dazzle except that to use it, you have to have an S-video port on your television. The Gamebridge will transfer your game onto your computer screen, and then, I recommend using Fraps to record your videos.

Prices: Dazzle DVC 170 Capture Card- $84.98(Frys price)
composite cables-$2.99- $25.00)(Frys price)
Gamebridge-$81.99(Ebay price -Maximum) $189.99- (Amazon price - Maximum)
Sony Vegas- $800.00- Use free trial
Windows Movie Maker- Usually already available on most computers
Fraps- $37.00- use free trial

All prices are before tax.

Hope this helps!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I have a Dazzle DVC 170 capture card which is very easy to use. Basicly one end has a USB connector and the other end is a set of composite video cable ports. To record videos, all you have to do is connect the USB connector to the USB port in your computer, and connect composite cables to the monitor output ports on your television and the A/V ports on the capture card. Then all you have to do is use the capturing software included ( you can use a different software such as Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker) to record your videos. This though, will only give you standard quality videos. For high quality videos, I recommend you buy a Gamebridge 1410 which has the exact same setup with the Dazzle except that to use it, you have to have an S-video port on your television. The Gamebridge will transfer your game onto your computer screen, and then, I recommend using Fraps to record your videos.

Prices: Dazzle DVC 170 Capture Card- $84.98(Frys price)
composite cables-$2.99- $25.00)(Frys price)
Gamebridge-$81.99(Ebay price -Maximum) $189.99- (Amazon price - Maximum)
Sony Vegas- $800.00- Use free trial
Windows Movie Maker- Usually already available on most computers
Fraps- $37.00- use free trial

All prices are before tax.

Hope this helps!
^^
What he said.

Jamie0003

Smash Cadet
^ I use a DVD recorder to record matches...However it's very complicated, does anyone know if there's a way to record WITHOUT having to unplug the component cables, hook a scart lead up to my dvd player and the wii, and switching the wii to 50hz?

For some reason my dvd player won't let me record in any other mode other than 50hz =/

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
With my HP laptop, I got a TV recorder box thingy. I can run my wii through the box using RCA cables and then out to my tv, and it will record everything that passed through it to my computer.

My buddy has a TV with Video out on the back so when we can we use it that way, and the video out runs into my HP box.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i perfer the dazzle dvc,though you dont have to get the 170.you can get a different version like 80,90,1000,150,platnum,ect

Duker

Smash Journeyman
DVC 170 FTW. But... I haven't gotten it to work with anything except Pinnacle's own software. Meh, as long as it can record I don't care really.

I think only DVC 100 and up support Vista, in case anyone wonders.

I've gotten RCA splitters and some extra RCA cable so I can have it plugged in and fully funtional on the TV in the same time as it's always ready for some recording action ;) . As of yet I haven't heard of anyone else that does this (except the one I learned it from), am I alone about this?

@Soul: It's a capture device, not a capture card :p . Yes I know, nit-picking is great, isn't it? :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom