• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of Buster's Pikachu

Buster Call

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzqMDo-drKY&feature=channel_page

This was a fun match I also heart my first kill lol. I was hoping you guys could give me some tips/hints/criticism on my matches. (The last one isn't uploaded yet). And don't go saying the Diddy sucks please because hes actually really good and owned me the second round on battlefield, and he almost won the third round on smashville.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i like the thunder. what you should try to work on are some combos at low percents. try to work in some more tilts and aerials as well. as much as i love the thunder though it was a bit predictable. he may have fell into it but not all will. try to learn when and where to use it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
that diddy sucks and its wifi
/thread

in all seriousness thought, you did a good job. I felt the times you used bair were improper though. Diddy needs to learn to avoid thunder.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Reason why I cannot critique this:

-Wifi. I dont even know how bad this lag could be. You two could be really good, but wifi discards this fact and makes you guys look horrible and play completely different than you would offline, but if you really want me to critique you...

-Your thunder usage is sooo predictable. You seem to always jump and do thunder, then do a fast fall fair. A good player would not let you fair him. He would POWERSHIELD it and punish you.
-I dont know if there was button lag or anything, but it seems like you both did the wrong moves at the wrong time. I mean, at 0:16, i think he just let you grab him.
-Even though it may be online, you should powershield more and learn how to use the bananas to your advantage.
-Your opponent sucks. He cant even powershield, let alone shield your thunderjolts.
-Less skullbash please. It could be good for mindgames, but if used continuously, meh...
-Improve your QAC game. I can easily tell you know how to QAC, but you really dont KNOW how to use it. When you use it, you rarely attack out of it.

I enjoyed the thunder kills though.

You have the concept of using pikachu, but when your going up against really good players, your gonna get crushed. Because your very predictable. The fullhop thunderjolts to fsmash, the thunders to FF fairs. Just mix it up more, thats all. Be less predictable. Sorry If im being to harsh, but its for your own good. I just want you to improve.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Your opponent disappointed me, tbh. He let you grab him and let you pull off thunder kills.
I believe you know some combos, but you need to use them more. Especially the d-throw and fair combos. Chain them into u-tilts ftw.
Use thunder SPARINGLY unless you're trying to kill with it. Use d-smash sparingly in general- u-tilts are a good substitute. This has been said, but less skullbash is a must.
I noticed you didn't tilt at all. Perhaps you didn't need to because your opponent was not very aggressive. Make no mistake, against good opponents you will need to learn u-tilts for juggling, d-tilts for spacing, and f-tilts for a quick "get the f--- away from me" attack.
And you may or may not know, but u-airs are great for juggling.

Incorporate our tips into your gameplay. Good luck!

Buster Call

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys. I already knew that I had to use QAC more offensively and I'm trying to practice how to do that. Any tips/combos in that regard. And generally I do use less skullbash and more tilts but for some reason I felt I couldn't do either one against the Diddy >.>. Yeah I doubt you wanna watch any of these but I'll playing different people so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm2ejFdv1i0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqeWuDLIRA4&feature=channel (with commentary you can hear more in high def lol)
More tips are needed please. lol

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It's always a delight to see a Diddy get owned by the character with the longest tripping animation in the game XD

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Since no one responded to the last two vids you posted yet, I watched only those. I noticed things similar to what others were saying. I see many tilts in these vids though :)
-You had some rly nice kills, but the way you racked up damage was predictable.
-I noticed that you like jumping a lot, but you weren't as effective on the ground. Mix up lots of different ground approaches (approaching with a shield or dodge, running grab, dashing usmash, and even dash attack) with your aerial approaches to be less predictable.
-A lot of times, QAC would've been better than skullbash, such as during recovery
-You used lots of fair, but more uair and nair would help too. Short hop nairs are good
-Too much thunder makes people expect it, making them more cautious :(

J4pu

Smash Champion
*wifi doesn't display true skill statement

too much SideB
too much thunder
I liked all the QA cancelling (at 0:56 i thought you QA cancelled and picked up a banana, that would have been cool)

the only pikachu i ever watch is anther vids so I can't really give a good analysis

Top Bottom