• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you main more as a ness mainer?

Uffe

Smash Hero
:ness2: easily my best

:wario: :toonlink: :yoshi2: in order of appearance

:charizard: :lucas: :dedede: :falcon: :luigi2: :gw: :zelda: :link2: :marth: :jigglypuff: :wolf: mostly interchangeable
It seems that if you main Ness, you're also more connected with using character like Wario, Toon Link or Yoshi. I'm beginning to find that a little interesting.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I used to main Olimar (because of the novelty), then Game&Watch, but somewhere I read that G&W, Ness, and Wario rely on their air games and decided to try the other 2. I couldn't handle Wario's fastfalling and general strangeness, but I loved Ness' floatiness and bair.
Yeah.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whatis more satisfying than landing a reverse falcon punch or knee, dair as link, or pkt2 and bat as ness? Very little.
Are you serious? When landing a PKT2 as Ness, I mistake that for a brief orgasm.

Same with the knee.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I started off using Ike, because I recently beat Fire Emblem Path of Radience and he was definantly one of my most anticipated characters. I planned on secondarying Ness this time around, but had lots of fun with him and ended up maining him. I picked up Snake after many tournament experinces to help step up my game and help out Ness.

Ness-Main, I use him 75-100% in a tourney/MM
Snake- I use him like 30% of the time, ive been trainign with him recently, if I know my oppoennt uses a charcter I have trouble against i use him first, if i still lose I switch to Ness for the CP, and then ussually go Ness again at the last match(and win? xD)
Ike-I havent used him in tourney since June, but I still play him seriously. I may mess around with him a bit more, im not sure yet.

As of now, i belive I have a winning team. I simply need to get better with all my characters , mainly Snake and Ness (Ness is still my best buts thats not enough as of now.) Snake covers a lot of Ness' bad match ups and switching to Ness on the CP works well, since poeple think im going to stay Snake. if they know im going to switch Ness, I can just stay Snake unless I belive its hopeless, then I always have at least 2 good cps for Ness so if they ban one I ussually have another. Im also thinking of trying Ike as a surprise CP character....i dont know yet.

In conclusion, Id reccomend secondarying a good high tier who covers your abd match ups (someone like Olimar, G&W, D3, Marth, Snake, Meta, Falco,etc.) and a solid mid tier could be helpful too (Ike, Kirby, Peach,)

If you find yourself having A LOT of trouble vs one character, pick up a character who hard counters him. Example, pick up Marth to deal with other Nesses (lol) , pick up Peach if you just cant beat Oli, or pick up Pika if your losing to Fox.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
:ness2: Main
:falcon: Secondary

Everyone else.

For fun one day I played the roster from top tier down and the only higher tiered character that didn't feel totally awkward was olimar.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Ever since the beginning of brawl I've been good with olimar, idk why but I HATE playing with him. But whenever I chose random and played with him I'd play pretty decent for someone who never tried him on my own.

Ness is still my main, but now that I've been picking up DK hes definitely my secondary for now.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
It seems that if you main Ness, you're also more connected with using character like Wario, Toon Link or Yoshi. I'm beginning to find that a little interesting.
they seem to have comparable weights and air control, so it's not too hard to transition from ness to one of em

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
:olimar: Leader
:ness2: Magic-based Knight
:kirby2: Air King
:pit: Cupid Knight
:diddy: Attacker
:rob: Defender
:falcon: Fisted Fighter
:popo: Hammer Duo

That should about cover it.
(Reference.)

Hehe, Olimar is the leader of the brigade. I think Ness is a bit lonely though since he's the only spellcaster.
I don't think he has to worry too much about that. Olimar is very smart but relies more on the Pikmin than himself. And ROB could be a technician (how extreme his A moves can be), so he too could qualify. Then there's Kirby, who has his trademark Copy ability, so he could qualify as a part-time spellcaster too. So Ness wouldn't be the only "magician." He just provides a good deal of the magic is all.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Hmm mine are....

:ness2::ness2::ness2:

seriously
I mean in melee it was different
but i cant help but keep my comfort w/ ness in brawl
he's the most altered if u ask me
except for his bat swing (Which seems slower)

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
ZSS, Ness, And i use Lucas, diddy and lucario for fun.

I can't pick up wario/yoshi though, dunno why, since evryone seems to main Ness + one of them.

Top Bottom