• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do when the opponents getting back on the stage

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I asked the question so answer people! My friend uses the fire and it can really be annoying. Whats everyone else do tho? B-down(ground b-down) if they jump up after climbing up from hanging and then grabbing the ledge? I dont use bowser but theres some pretty good things bowser can do to stop people from getting back on the stage. Bowser forum needs less spam and more threads that have stuff to do with the game. Also in my opinion bowser is kind of like a fast heavyweight which is pretty dang good.

Whats your favorite way of edgeguarding with bowser?

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
Getting back on the stage how? Is he already on the ledge?

Well u can jump off... and Fair them. If they're on the ledge you can use the Flame thrower or watch if they're gonna roll or jump from the ledge.

A D-smash will catch rollers if spaced and timed well and usually a U-Smash hit's ledge hoppers. Or u can run of and take the risky route and Bair. (never actually tried this and i dont think this will connect like Pits.)

acv

Smash Journeyman
when the opponent is getting back to the stage i hit them.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I hug them and give them cookies, in real life. Totally throws them off and then they plummet to their death.

One tactic that hasn't been mentioned is F-tilting them if they think they're safe being level with the stage a little bit away from the edge, because they're not.

Although that DOES fall under that crazy *** strategy called edge guarding.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Their a lot you can do as Bowser when an opponent is off the stage. Jump off with them Fair,Bair, Firebreath them, hang on the cliff wait for them to get near then Bair them off.

With Mario since most Mario players come back shooting Fireballs I jump off right when I knock him off then do an uair right under him. Work wonders.

Bowser is a great edgehogging character but your have to know what characters you should edgehog and how you should edgehog them. Like with Marth and Metaknight I wouldn't jump off because they can Fair or UpB you right before you hit them but this is just me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let's see,
If enemy is somewhat at a medium height, Bowser F-air or U-air (maybe B-air)
If enemy is below the platform, Bowser Firebreath
If enemy is very high above platform, Perform mindgames and wait to do a random attack.
If enemy isnt close to ledge but is at medium height, ONLY if i have high damage and same stock (or if i have more stock) try to perform the Bowsercide.
If enemy is on edge, perform mindgames and wait for enemy to use A, walk a distance then Bowser F-smash at the appropiate time, or if he goes up, Bowser F-tilt

These are my tactics, but it's common sense for a Bowser actually.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Whenever i see the word mindgame given as advice I die a little inside.
It's because the term "mindgame" is so ****ing over used..and when people use it as a verb, Ex: "I mindgamed him sooo good, that I won." I friggon crack up..people are so dumb xD

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Why is that? Thats the term used when your trying to tell someone to fake out your opponent, mix up your attacks and don't be predictable.

Mindgames cover all of that and more which is why its used when given as advice.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Mindgames is stupid. A Marth can spam Fair the whole match and go, awwww mannn he thought I was going to switch it up to use mindgames little did he know I was planning to Fair the whole match like he didn't expect EPIC MINDGAMES!!!!!!!

So yeah, don't listen to mindgames. Just to the biting taunt (only true mindgame in brawl :p) then jump out and Fair them.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
You aren't the only one. Although technically what he said isn't that bad, he coulda just said leap back and forth pretending you're about to aerial and then if they try to dodge or something, punish it. It's much more useful advice.

Excellence

Smash Champion
If they're jumping up to get back on the edge, usually Fire does the trick. They get so concerned with waiting for it to end so they can get back up and equalize the damage, the don't realize I plan to D-Smash them into death. I've also been using D-B to smack them into death.

If they're coming from above, Up Aerial all the way, it kills so easily, it's ridiclous.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I reccomend using mindgames.

Dead yet?

Lol just kiddin.

Anyways I agree mindgames are stupid and usually result in epic fail. Usually if they work your opponent just stinks.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sorry if you dont like the word, but it's the only thing I could think of, besides Tricking. It all depends on the opponent, and the Character they use. Ex. Metaknights have plenty of recovery options, and one must find a way to counter them appropiately.

Top Bottom