• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What could Link benefit from?

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
yes

i very clearly explained to you why link's uair/dair hitboxes were not changed to "actually match the length of the sword"

after which you went into a tirade about how we made link's nair make sense but won't make uair/dair make less sense.
I don't understand the reasoning as to why they weren't changed, the hitboxes don't reach the full length of the sword, I can pause the game doing a D-air and the sword can be sticking right through my opponents head and it doesn't hit, it looks atrocious

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I believe thief's point is that regardless of the move's properties, the animation still does not match the placement of the hitbox, and because of the standard set by changing his nair, it should apply to dair and uair as well. At least thats what I get from his responses to your post. If the animation clearly demonstrates that it has physically connected the opponent, and nothing happens, then something needs to be adjusted on the move. Whether it be a change in the animation, or the hitbox itself. Now whether or not that this applies to link's uair and dair, well because of how they hit, I'm unsure of that. Lol I'd have to test that out, but it merits looking into.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I believe thief's point is that regardless of the move's properties, the animation still does not match the placement of the hitbox, and because of the standard set by changing his nair, it should apply to dair and uair as well. At least thats what I get from his responses to your post. If the animation clearly demonstrates that it has physically connected the opponent, and nothing happens, then something needs to be adjusted on the move. Whether it be a change in the animation, or the hitbox itself. Now whether or not that this applies to link's uair and dair, well because of how they hit, I'm unsure of that. Lol I'd have to test that out, but it merits looking into.
Yes, this

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
it's not really something i think link would benefit from but I do think it would be pretty funny to have implemented
(0:01-0:30)

Top Bottom