• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller do you use (Poll)?

What controller do you use

• Xbox 360 Controller

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • PS1/PS2/PS3 Controller

• N64 Controller

Votes: 46 39.7%
  • GameCube Classic

• Keyboard

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • Other (Please post more info)

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Why don't you put an actual poll up lol

Keyboard and N64 on computer/console respectively. Keyboard because I have asian parents who don't like games and would definitely twig to me using a controller at the PC...and N64 on console for obvious reasons (I still haven't found a comfortable all-round setup, I change the way I hold it for different characters >_>)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
There was a delay. I messed up a bit.

I use a Madcatz controller (Xbox 360 third party controller.)

DMoogle

A$
Should be a public poll, IMO.

N64 controller. I have an N64/PS2 controller adapter, and I use the PS2 controller for every other emulated game I play. Having to replace the joysticks every so often sucks, but the N64 controller just feels so natural.

Oh yeah, and to future posters in this thread: please post something more than simply what you use (e.g. also include why you use it). Or else... minor spam FTL.

Frogles

Smash Ace
ps2 because the adapter was cheap and because the analog wont break in a week (n64 controller :mad:).

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I use a ps2 controller for the same reasons that frogles mentioned

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I use both PS1 and N64 Controller but I marked PS1 as it's the one I use the most... xD

LLDL

Smash Hero
I used to use the Gamecube controller. Now I use the HoriPad (N64 controller)

The Star King

Smash Hero
According to Chain-Ace, Hori Mini Pad works by combining a N64 -> GC adapter and a GC -> PC adapter.

I might have to dish out a lot of money just for a controller.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I use the xbox 360 controller. It gives me troubles though when I try to uair, it jumps much too easily. Any ideas on how to change this sensitivity? Dead zone perhaps?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I almost wont play any keyboard players anymore because of the crazy ridiculous di they have.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I gotta tell you, I'm surprised of all the Keyboard players in this game.
You have no idea how many it is lol :p I got so surprised some months ago when I found it out. Now its more I get surprised if people dont use kb.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
For the SSB Chilean National torunament, at least 6 person came to the palce with a usb keyboad below his arm XD !!!!

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
hahahha!!!
Really?
And about their DI, now I feel kind of tempted to play against kb players, it would raise the challenge to another level. :p
xD

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Just started with an Xbox controller, and it takes some getting used to. The buttons are so far apart... :(

Also, you need to jack your deadzone WAY up, else you'll get phantom movement and what have you. It's also taking some doing to adjusting to using the RB and LB instead of the useless triggers. Unnatural positioning, but so far it's working better than a USB Sega Genesis controller! :awesome:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
BTW unless they are put their default analog sensitivity up higher than normal, the DI does not usually get THAT nuts.

The only person I have been unable to play normally due to enormous DI was V Dock and some other guy who had a modded kb.

Kb is legit though, too legit. Really funny that people showed up with them to tournaments though :p

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Let me rembember, Pipex, Templar, Dark Xex came with a keyboard.

For the Lulz, a users called Zip came out with an ARCADE CONTROLLER XDDDDD (Yep, Like a Mame one XDDD)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if there were still n64 tournaments around my area, I would buy one (a keyboard-n64)

Top Bottom