• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I understand you guys get alot of what character should i main ?'s but i don't like brawl i play melee but i don't enjoy losing because some of my friends always want to play brawl so my question is who is the best character against bad people so i won't have to practice at all and still win keep in mind i have good knowledge of the game from playing melee and i played brawl for awhile. also keep in mind none of my friends are good i just don't like losing and was wondering if there was a woop butt character for scrubs.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
iVote Ganon...
Wait, you mean offline? o_0

cjugs

Smash Ace
Yeah offline. Troll? false i just don't enjoy brawl or losing i don't like brawl and that's not a shot towards it i'm just competitive and want to know a character i can win with i'm not willing to invest time in a game i don't enjoy which again is not a shot towards the game.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Meta Knight. At the very least dsmash/tornado/shuttle loop/dair camp

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Depends on how you play. If it's a 1v1, then Meta-Knight is the best. If it's 4vs, Ike or Lucas.

The problem is it seems your playing to win, not to have fun. You say you hate Brawl and losing and your friends want to play Brawl. I see this as such: You buy into what is said here and believe Melee is the epitome of perfection. So, you only play Melee. But your friends want to play Brawl. And you are more concerned about winning then having fun. Videogames are suppose to be for fun. You should enjoy the games with friends rather then get upset and have to win.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well I think MK is the answer...but if your friends arent good use Ike or DDD. Either way, it ain't Link...

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
MK. And use periods dude, i'm having a hard time understanding what your saying. You don't have to have perfect grammar and spelling just make it so that it's not a burden to decipher what you're trying to get across.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Depends on how you play. If it's a 1v1, then Meta-Knight is the best. If it's 4vs, Ike or Lucas.

The problem is it seems your playing to win, not to have fun. You say you hate Brawl and losing and your friends want to play Brawl. I see this as such: You buy into what is said here and believe Melee is the epitome of perfection. So, you only play Melee. But your friends want to play Brawl. And you are more concerned about winning then having fun. Videogames are suppose to be for fun. You should enjoy the games with friends rather then get upset and have to win.
Agreed, but i i have fun when i win :)
haha ok i will just stick with short posts that are only one sentence long.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Meta Knight is best in free for alls, as well. Best gimping, easy KOs, stellar ground speed, isolated combos, ungimpable recovery, everything he has still applies in free for alls, if it isn't enhanced. There's a reason he's the most popular doubles partner in the game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Meta Knight is best in free for alls, as well. Best gimping, easy KOs, stellar ground speed, isolated combos, ungimpable recovery, everything he has still applies in free for alls, if it isn't enhanced. There's a reason he's the most popular doubles partner in the game.
HAHAHAHAHA no.

He has very specific KO moves and you have to be able to hit with those. Gimping is a lot harder when you have to do it to three people over one. Even when going out over the ledge, a mean old Ganondorf will try to get you. If Meta-Knight isn't careful, an Ike or Lucas might run up behind you can get an easy KO off of you. Not to mention there are plenty of other characters with stronger attacks who can use them more often. Not to mention he is light and has one of the weaker final smashes.

He can still be good, but you have to be REALLY good with him to pull it off. You have to control everything, which is harder when there are three players rather then one and items are on. Usually, online, good Meta-Knights get a score of -1 (0 KOs 1 fall). It takes a lot less work to win with Lucas or Ike.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHAHA no.

He has very specific KO moves and you have to be able to hit with those. Gimping is a lot harder when you have to do it to three people over one. Even when going out over the ledge, a mean old Ganondorf will try to get you. If Meta-Knight isn't careful, an Ike or Lucas might run up behind you can get an easy KO off of you. Not to mention there are plenty of other characters with stronger attacks who can use them more often. Not to mention he is light and has one of the weaker final smashes.

He can still be good, but you have to be REALLY good with him to pull it off. You have to control everything, which is harder when there are three players rather then one and items are on. Usually, online, good Meta-Knights get a score of -1 (0 KOs 1 fall). It takes a lot less work to win with Lucas or Ike.
...You're dumb. :\

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
Yeah offline. Troll? false i just don't enjoy brawl or losing i don't like brawl and that's not a shot towards it i'm just competitive and want to know a character i can win with i'm not willing to invest time in a game i don't enjoy which again is not a shot towards the game.
Uh, what?:confused:

Hawk_21

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon. C'mon... we all know he's only using about 0.0012% of his normal power so his opponents will have a chance.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1. Question's answered

2. If you didn't want to take a shot at Brawl, you could have just left out that you dislike it and why.

This isn't a shot at you (because I know you don't mean any mal-intent) or anybody in particular (because I have no mal-intent either), but I dislike how people need to always first say "I dislike Brawl, but", as though I or anybody else care enough about that fact that you have to instantly disassociate yourself with it.[/ironic statement]

3. I'll take anybody's opinion for 4-way, and wouldn't discount any since we don't know much about true 4-way competitive play. Though, I'd argue that MK/Pit/Plankers are the best because you can sit it out while they fight each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom