• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
My vote is going to Paper Mario. I would love to see him as his own character and I just love the series, he could be so interesting!

I almost voted for the Inklings, but I know they're gonna do so well that they might be added regardless of the vote
Darn! You stole my thunder! My thread! MY BEAUTIFUL THREAAAAAD! I posted mine first too...
I voted for Isaac by the way. Isaac and Magolor (from Kirby)

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
I've voted for Ridley, King K. Rool, and Shovel Knight. All three of these guys have tons of moveset potential, so I'll focus on the specifics. Ridley because he's iconic, generally awesome, and I strongly believe he could be made to work if the devs were to actually try (and there are several ways they could get around the whole Pyrosphere boss issue). K. Rool is said to be the Bowser to Donkey Kong's Mario in his trophy description. I think that one explains itself. Shovel Knight would not only be amazing; his inclusion would be a landmark for both Nintendo and the indie video game community as a whole. Also his game is awesome, Yacht Club is awesome, and he'd be so perfect for Smash it's not even funny.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
While this is indeed a free vote, I think it's important that we all as a collective make an effort to vote at least semi-realistically. Here are some things that I think we should consider when voting.

Things that could potentially help a characters chances of getting in.
  • Can be based off of someone else.
  • Is 1st or 2nd party.
  • Is from a fairly popular franchise.
  • Is not currently in the game in any moving fashion. I think Trophies and Stickers (are stickers even a thing anymore?) would be fine, but Assist Trophies and Stage Hazards probably aren't.
  • Would work at least decently well in the game's atmosphere. Remember this game's key demographic.
Things that will likely hurt a character's chances of getting in
  • Is from a game rated higher than T or your regional equivalent.
  • Is from a series that is already heavily represented in the game.
  • Hasn't appeared in some form on either a current or last generation console.
  • Is from a series that has been banned in more than 1 country (looking at you GTA).
  • Is from a 3rd party series that already has a representative.
  • Is not primarily a video game character.
I'm not saying votes that don't adhere to this won't be chosen, I'm merely suggesting that by following this criteria we have a higher chance of having our votes chosen.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Even though he's third party, and there's already a Megaman, I'm voting strongly for Hub (aka Megaman.exe). When I heard Megaman was in smash, I was really hoping it would be BattleNetwork's Hub instead of Rockman. I was pretty disappointed but at least he has a small chance now.
I'd also be okay with Bass or Protoman standing in for Hub.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
I voted for Tails.

Imagine Mario and Luigi vs Sonic and Tails. Classic mascot duos face off!

He would be a slower-moving variant of Sonic with qualities in common with Pit. Multiple air jumps and multi-hit rapid attacks. Even Brawl Pit's side special that reflects would be cool.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I've started up a poll to help us get some more exact data, which could help in determining which characters are the most popular (and thus potentially most likely for admission). You can stay updated on the results/find more information here, and take the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C263SCB

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I fear that many people are abusing the Ballot system which might cause the Nintendo Higher Ups to take away this privilege given to us. Hopefully I am wrong about this.

matt91486

Smash Rookie
Ryota Hayami, but I also said anyone from Wave Race. It's such a long Nintendo series and so widely ignored by Smash.

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
I voted for Tails.

Imagine Mario and Luigi vs Sonic and Tails. Classic mascot duos face off!

He would be a slower-moving variant of Sonic with qualities in common with Pit. Multiple air jumps and multi-hit rapid attacks. Even Brawl Pit's side special that reflects would be cool.
Glad to find someone who agrees with me! I voted for Tails as well. There are so many nay-sayers that say that third-party franchises will never get more than one representative, but I haven't ruled out the possibility of it happening. I will continue to support the two-tailed fox until the developers come to their senses and put him in the game, no matter how long it may take!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I voted for Rayman. One of my favorite characters of all time. It made me sad that the leak of him was fake (Also part of my reason to vote for Rayman).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I voted for different characters on different devices, but I voted mostly for Wolf and King K. Rool. On some devices, I voted for Wolf because he was one of my mains in Brawl, and though I am aware they may already be making him as DLC right now, I voted for him just to make sure he gets in. On some other devices, I also mostly voted for King K. Rool because he is my favorite Nintendo bad guy, and I have always wanted him to be playable in a Smash Brothers game. That is why I also voted for him.

I also voted for Rayman on other different devices, because he is cool, and he should be in the game as a playable character, since he is already a trophy in the game.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ The ElectrOStudios The ElectrOStudios I actually don't care for King K. Rool much either, and I don't really understand why he's such a popular choice. But, then again, I've never played the original Donkey Kong Country games. So that might be part of the reason why.

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
@ The ElectrOStudios The ElectrOStudios I actually don't care for King K. Rool much either, and I don't really understand why he's such a popular choice. But, then again, I've never played the original Donkey Kong Country games. So that might be part of the reason why.
He was the main antagonist of the Donkey Kong Country games and Donkey Kong 64, but he really hasn't appeared much at all after that, and because of that, he just seems like more of an obscure character to me. I feel like Dixie Kong would be a much better Donkey Kong representative

Kamiko

Smash Ace
When I cast my vote yesterday, it said I didn't have access to the page. Did this happen to anyone else? I don't know if it went through or not.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
When I cast my vote yesterday, it said I didn't hafve access to the page. Did this happen to anyone else? I don't know if it went through or not.
That happened to me too. I just re-submitted my vote and it took me to the correct page where I could confirm my submission.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
That happened to me too. I just re-submitted my vote and it took me to the correct page where I could confirm my submission.
Thanks, it worked this time. It actually did that twice in a row before, but I didn't want to cheat and send yet another in the event that those submissions were counted. I see some people in here have no quams about that though...

JustinMacacbre

Smash Rookie
I voted for Vivian from Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. She is probably one of the most unique characters that smash would ever have. Her move set has so much potential! I feel like The Paper Mario franchise needs a representative and Mario himself I feel like would be too boring and predictable. Vivian would be a great choice, she originated from the most beloved installment in the series. Especially with all the hype of the fake leak of TTYD. And a plus is that she is a female and the cast needs more females. What do you think?

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I voted for Mike Jones because I want a Star Tropics 3 damn it!

Also he would be a really cool character to play has.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Voted for Rayman, went to a different IP address and voted for Ridley, went to a third and voted for Sceptile.

3 characters that I've wanted for years, if I can get at least one I'll be happy.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Everyone in my signature.
But my first was Crash Bandicoot, because he has a special place in my heart.
And no, Sony doesn't own him.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I voted Crash Bandicoot, why? look at my avatar, he's my favorite western videogame character.
@ Ben Holt Ben Holt also i have Crash Bandicoot on my heart, i was so close to vote for Wreck it ralph, but, my heart said Crash bandicoot, CRASH WANNA SMASH!

Last edited:

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
I voted for The Chorus Kids and Inklings. I think those are rather realistic choices, right? The Chorus Kids were close to making it in in the first place and Nintendo themselves seem very excited about Splatoon. If we let them know that we're also excited, I'm sure they'd put them in.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I love seeing people vote for Crash <3. I feel that once Omni makes his art, a lot of people will make their vote (I'm pretty sure Cresh4Smesh was a big hint that he's next. And my comment has almost 200+ likes!)

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Ridley, Snake and K Rool, because they were the most deserving not in. We'll see what happens.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
That's exactly how I feel. Except that I actually have played Dankey Kang and I still think King Krool is a terrible choice for a character. He would just be another slow character that the majority of players would ignore.

Hub Hikari, Protoman, or Bass are all great choices on the other hand. Smash doesn't yet have a Battle Network representative, but it should. They're all very powerful characters with diverse abilities; any one of them would do great in Smash. They'd probably even be top-tier.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I voted for Zael from The Last Story, though I'd be equally content with Calista from the same game. Much like Xenoblade Chronicles, this lesser known first party Wii game deserves more attention.

Zael may seem like a typical swordsman at first glance, but he has the potential to be a unique fighter. That, and his (or Calista's) inclusion would coincide with a selection of The Last Story's fantastic music composed by Nobuo Uematsu of Final Fantasy fame. I suggest listening to the soundtrack yourself (and not reading the comments in case of spoilers).

Main Theme
Dance of Death
Invitation to Madness
The One Who Rules All
Toberu Mono (Vocal)
Toberu Mono (Instrumental)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I have voted for the following characters. Well....soon. Just typed it in there to make sure it fits. I'm voting from 4 different platforms!!
votemedusa.jpg

votekingkrool.jpg

votebayonetta.jpg

Top Bottom