• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Alfalfa

Smash Rookie
I voted for Starfy/Stafy. Please :3
He's the best troll ever, but if he is put in, he should be put in with a few others

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I voted K. Rool, because I dream of a brighter future, maining our one true lizard overlord in Smash.

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Keeping the Impa dream alive. I don't see K-Rool or Ridley as viable characters anymore (Ridley is a stage hazard and K-Rool is pretty much out of the Donkey Kong Country universe) and I'm sure both Snake and Wolf will get their fair sure to return.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Keeping the Impa dream alive. I don't see K-Rool or Ridley as viable characters anymore (Ridley is a stage hazard and K-Rool is pretty much out of the Donkey Kong Country universe) and I'm sure both Snake and Wolf will get their fair sure to return.
Just to point out, "relevancy" is not a factor in this voting process, and even then, all of the most popular games K. Rool was the main villain of have or are (as soon as DK64 comes out in the states) been released on the Wii U VC, making them highly relevant for Wii U owners, whether you own them, just browse Miiverse, etc. He's certainly not "out" of the universe.

As an aside, while I think the voting is pretty open, I'm thinking since Sakurai already decided he couldn't make Ridley work, votes aren't going to do anything for him, and I somehow get the feeling third parties are tricky enough that they won't be looked at favorably.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

1. It was his dream to be playable in Smash ^^^
  2. I have wanted a playable Toad since Smash 64
  3. I want to bury pickaxes in people's heads
  4. His inclusion pretty much completes the (core) Mario series
  5. Instantly recognisable, certainly one of the more iconic Nintendo characters left
  6. Allows for a female alt in Toadette
  7. I want to see how they tackle someone who's gimmick in his own game is 'cannot jump'

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I voted for Isaac.

He's the character I've most wanted to play for ages now. I'm so ready for him to join the smash roster.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So where is this website we vote on. I have been on a hiatus from these boards, but I had to make my return after hearing the news about this "Smash Ballot". After seeing Mewtwo's trailer I liked what I saw for the most part but then.....Then they had to audacity to put that Ness clone Lucas as the 2nd DLC character. Madness I say!

I want to know where to vote because this is my chance to get King. K. Rool in the game. I sure hope many follow suit but I know the competition will be tough. I hope the end result is a new character we've never had in Smash rather than just letting Wolf or Roy in. That would make me a sad sad panda....

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Voted for Captain Toad.
My wanteds are as follows(in no particular order):
Mewtwo
Wolf (Probably gonna get in off of veteran cred)
Lucas
Andy
RayMan
Capt. Toad
Wonder Red
Inkling

Andy and Red probably arent notable enough to get anywhere, while Wolf and Inkling I see as getting in anyway. That leaves it as Rayman and Capt. Toad. I think Rayman
1.Has a more solid support base.
2.Has 3rd party shenanigans hindering him.

Which has me thinking a vote for the captain will go farther.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I personally voted for Royboy, because I really want Roy back. Like a lot. A lot a lot. I miss him so much it's probably unhealthy.

But because I was so torn, my friend was also nice enough to user her vote to vote for Isaac for me as well. Golden Sun is so badly deserving of a playable rep, it hurts that it doesn't have one yet (or an assist trophy, for that matter...), and Isaac would be a freakin' awesome character to have on the roster.

So yes. Royboy and Isaac.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I voted Ridley because I honestly want to see Sakurai's face if Ridley takes the top spot.

Come on, you know it'd be hilarious. Hilariously painful...

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I voted for Shantae because she's mai waifu she has a whole plethora of original tools at her disposal, alongside dat hair, dem legs and dat ass for melee combat. Heck, they don't even need to use her transformations.

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Just to point out, "relevancy" is not a factor in this voting process, and even then, all of the most popular games K. Rool was the main villain of have or are (as soon as DK64 comes out in the states) been released on the Wii U VC, making them highly relevant for Wii U owners, whether you own them, just browse Miiverse, etc. He's certainly not "out" of the universe.

As an aside, while I think the voting is pretty open, I'm thinking since Sakurai already decided he couldn't make Ridley work, votes aren't going to do anything for him, and I somehow get the feeling third parties are tricky enough that they won't be looked at favorably.
By out of the universe the Kremlings have noticeably entirely missing from the DKC returns series, instead each game has entirely new villains. That's not me saying he can't be playable or even shouldn't be but, he's not been in a game for 7 years, and even then he hasn't really been considered significant in gaming culture as a whole since Donkey Kong 64, 18 years ago. I feel that there are more deserving characters and as such he's not a viable choice for me.

Brosheep

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brosheep
3DS FC
4725-7941-8345
I voted Lip, because I want to drop blocks on people's heads and Sm4sh lacks a good Grass type.

Also because, surprisingly enough, Panel de Pon/Puzzle League still has its own original universe. It's a shame that a certain item is all we ever see of that here.

Ghork

Smash Rookie
I voted King K. Rool.

Pre-Brawl I wanted King K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac and Toad.
Though seeing as Toad has been in Peach's attack all along I didn't think of him as an option until Captain Toad.

Other characters that would be nice: Toon Zelda/Tetra, and Popple (the thief from the Mario & Luigi series)-

Snake, Lucas, Sonic, Meta Knight rant:
I don't want Snake back, his playstyle/attacks were to weird for me. I guess if I wanted any character from Brawl to return that hadn't already it would have to be Lucas.

Also, I was so sad when Sonic returned. Especially with the same moves / speed. He is really lame. All he can do is spin and be fast, he isn't fit for smash.
Captain Falcon and Fox used to be the fast ones.

I was really happy for Meta Knight in Brawl, until I got to play him. he's a bit too speedy and weak. I wanted the feel from Kirby's Dreamland when you got to play him.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Isaac, because it's the only chance he's ever coming to Smash. I'm considering doing another vote through Tor (basically a secure proxy network) for Shantae, but she still stands a reasonably good chance of being in.

I'm not going to actually buy the DLC, out of moral objection to the concept and its role in gaming today, and I'll be pushing for DLC characters and stages to be banned in tournaments. But Isaac might show up in Smash 5.

Not that I'll be buying Smash 5, because Nintendo is almost as evil as Disney, Ubisoft, or EA at this point and I don't like giving companies like that my money. Isaac and Shantae just sort of deserve to be there.

Zacko

Smash Cadet

Yes, Microsoft owns them, but they would make a great character duo, and all of their moves can be taken straight off the N64 game.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I plan to vote for Snake when I have the time to write an elaborate reason to why he should be added.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I couldn't pick just one... and I really wish they'd do veterans separately.

So I voted for: Ice climbers, Skull kid, Medusa, Kumatora, squirtle, and Ivysaur.

SandmanZzz

Smash Rookie
NNID
SandmanZzz
I voted Phoenix Wright... it's not likely but he seems like he has a lot of potential in his move set.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Splatoon's Inkling. Otherwise I would have voted for Dixie Kong.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I voted Wolf. He's just about the only Veteran left who has a truly legitimate chance at being playable DLC in this game, and I miss him.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I voted for the best villan in Nintendo history: Fawful.

It's really nice to see so many people voting for shovel knight. He's my first choice but i think he wound be a wasted vote.

Roksys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skolroksys
3DS FC
3496-9838-7131
I'm thinking either Viewtiful Joe, Simon Belmont or Tetra.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I went with Marshal... Rhythm Heaven is one of few popular Nintendo franchises without any representation aside from trophies, and I think there's tons of potential there. And yes, I know he's even the least popular of the Rhythm Heaven characters people talk about, but he makes the most sense to me, so there.:p

In order, others I would have voted for:
Bandana Dee
Inkling
Dixie
Geno

Heck, I've got enough devices, maybe I can sqeeeze a few more in...

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I voted for the Black Mage from the Final fantasy series. yeah there's other characters but i think the black mage is more iconic and i feel he would bring a completely unique play style into smash bros

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
What I really hope for is another villain representative. Like, we have Ganondorf, Bowser, and Mewtwo, and that's all the villains out of a 53 character roster. Wario and Dedede are just a greedy jerks that actually are helpful multiple times in their series.
Yeah, thats why people should vote for K. Rool :D

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Isaac, because it's the only chance he's ever coming to Smash. I'm considering doing another vote through Tor (basically a secure proxy network) for Shantae, but she still stands a reasonably good chance of being in.

I'm not going to actually buy the DLC, out of moral objection to the concept and its role in gaming today, and I'll be pushing for DLC characters and stages to be banned in tournaments. But Isaac might show up in Smash 5.

Not that I'll be buying Smash 5, because Nintendo is almost as evil as Disney, Ubisoft, or EA at this point and I don't like giving companies like that my money. Isaac and Shantae just sort of deserve to be there.
If you want to miss out of tons of fun because of some ideal that won't ever effect how companies operate anyway, then no one can stop you.

But please don't waste everyone's time trying to get DLC characters banned. That will never happen, and people shoudn't have to miss out on fun because of your personal ideals.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Splatoon Inklings cause they're awesome and I think they would be a really unique character

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi! Because Waluigi hates being a stupid assist trophy! WAAAAAAAA! *crotch chops*

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I have to admit this is going to be a difficult choice for me. Is it only just one character I can choose?

Its between the following:

- Inkling - Looks like he/she has potential.
- Isaac - Always wanted a Golden Sun Rep
- Mach Rider - Another classic character Nintendo could turn to?
- Roy/Chrom - I love FE and I hope either of the two (or someone else from the franchise) makes it.
- Fiora - I would love to see another Xenoblade character in there to go along with Shulk.
- Chorus Kids - Could be fun to see.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I immediately voted for my major, one-and-only true request, Blaziken.

Blaziken has been among one of the most popular Pokemon for years now, and his relevance has been brought even closer to the surface thanks to the 3rd Gen remakes and his special, limited availability in Pokemon X and Y. He was also one of the first Pokemon to have revealed Mega Evolution, along with...oh, what's that? Lucario and Mewtwo? Huh, what a strange coincidence...

Obviously I don't want another Captain Falcon clone; I feel that Blaziken could have a cool (er, hot?), unique, taekwondo-style moveset. I get that people probably don't want to "waste" votes on another Pokemon, but Blaziken is among the few Pokemon left that would make both an interesting fighter and a legitimately good representative. Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard and Pikachu are probably the top reps out there.
I like your thinking man! Blaziken is one of the best fighting type Pokemon out there (no Lucario, you 're only second best), and his fighting style would definitely be pretty unique too! I can see the taekwando fighting style working very well with him, dishing out a flurry of blazing hot kicks!

Zegend

Smash Cadet
I voted Wonder Red, but I'd love to see Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton or Cranky Kong make an appearance too.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
My vote was Pulseman from the game of the same name. Seeing as how Nintendo is partnered with Game Freak (Creators of both Poke'mon and Pulseman) you'd think it would be easy to include him in the game. If he did make it in Smash 4, I would love for it to breath life into his series and possibly get a remake or even a sequel of Pulseman.

If Pulseman could not make then I would like to see "The Killer of Heroes" Barbatos from the Tales of Destiny / Vesperia game. His Final Smash could be the Mystic Arte "NO ITEMS EVER!" which would be quite hilarious for this game! “World Destroyer” could work as well of course. Having him shout “I’m gonna POUND YOU!” for a taunt would be icing on the cake.

I myself am looking forward to Newcomers much more so than Veterans. I like the suggestions that are thrown about from others in this thread.

Shovel Knight, Geno, Bomberman, Isaac, Inklings, Hades, Medusa, Bandana Dee, The Black Knight from Fire Emblem, Ray-01, and Ravio from Link Between Worlds are all pretty good votes in my opinion.

@Metal_Sonic I made the PogChamp face when I saw your suggestion for Wreck-It Ralph.

Sorry, got a little off with my hype rant. TLDR: I voted Pulseman.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Took two devices and voted for Sylux(see sig) and Snake. I really want Snake back, as my Brawl main.

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
By out of the universe the Kremlings have noticeably entirely missing from the DKC returns series, instead each game has entirely new villains. That's not me saying he can't be playable or even shouldn't be but, he's not been in a game for 7 years, and even then he hasn't really been considered significant in gaming culture as a whole since Donkey Kong 64, 18 years ago. I feel that there are more deserving characters and as such he's not a viable choice for me.
There may be some more relevant characters, but still I wouldn't say that relevance is important at all. How relevant was Duck Hunt Duo? You could also argue that Pacman and Megaman both were pretty much dead franchises, but they were brought in to pay homage to their hayday. IMO the same thing could happen with K. Rool, taken into consideration that there is a huge demand for him, DK series needs another character in the roster etc. It just makes perfect sense to me.

Darklightjg1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darklightjg
I voted Dixie Kong. Hair tactics.

Edit: I wonder what's stopping people from submitting more than one vote... all the site says "please limit your vote to one per person". Now I haven't tried to submit another vote or anything, but I doubt they're checking for IP address duplicates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom