• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Voting for Isaac so hard. Golden Sun needs love, especially after it got snubbed in SSB4. Not even an assist trophy!

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Voted for Shantae. She's got almost too much move potential for her own good, number one. Number two, as WayForward's red meat of original IPs, she's pretty much the one indie rep that's truly deserving of being in Smash 5, if not as a Sm4sh extra.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Voted King K.Rool on my first vote, Impa second. Whenever I can, I'll also vote Isaac. And then probably repeat the cycle. Will throw in Dixie to, but am quite confident that she'll be included anyway.

koi-iezuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
i-am_da_man95
Takamaru! He was originally going to be anyways! Besides this is a good way to let his franchise see a new light

koi-iezuma

Smash Rookie
NNID
i-am_da_man95
Takamaru! He was originally going to be anyways! Besides this is a good way to let his franchise see a new light

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone else would vote for Mona from Wariorware?
Don't think she's popular enough to win tho.. so I'm votin for Krystal, cuz I like foxy characters :)
Don't you worry, I've already voted for her recently since I'm the owner of her support topic.

Kotaku is already trying to rally their members to get goku in the game we must stop them
Why? Just why? :urg:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Solid Snake and Ice Climbers.
I have no other "newcomer" desires except maybe Tom Nook, but since Villager got the AC spot, that's not happening.

Chase

Smash Ace
King K. Rool, Paper Mario, F-Type, and Captain Syrup.

I couldn't decide on just one, so I voted for all of them. Putting a majority of my cards with K. Rool however.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I voted Ridley because I honestly want to see Sakurai's face if Ridley takes the top spot.

Come on, you know it'd be hilarious. Hilariously painful...
I have a feeling Sakurai wouldn't be nearly as worried about it as you'd like.

These votes are only a suggestion, he's not required to put in whoever wins. Although if he doesn't put in characters from the top 10 or at least top 20 there wouldn't be much point in the ballot.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I voted for Goku because he's super stronk.

Not really. I'm having a hard time choosing who to vote for. Right now I'm thinking Wolf, Snake or Dixie Kong. I also thought about Quote from Cave Story but that seemed like a waste of a vote.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
People should stop wasting votes on Ridley because he won't happen. I see gamefaqs blowing up.
Someone is insecure about their favorite character losing to Ridley in votes. Who the heck cares who votes for who. Just leave them alone. My group and I all voted for Ridley and so have thousands of other Ridley fans. If Ridley doesn't make it? Oh well, this was all fun and games anyways. Might as well have fun with the poll then try to ruin others fun.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Haven't voted yet. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

(Not including characters already in the game. Sorry Takamaru, Waluigi, Skull Kid, etc I love you but...I think your chances are nil)
My choices in order:

Chorus Kids, Inkling, Chibi- Robo, Professor Layton, Paper Mario, Wonder Red, Captain Rainbow, King K. Rool/ Dixie (I don't really care which one TBH, Toad. Shy Guy/Koopa Troopa

Off-wall choice (AKA no chance land): Kensuke Kimachi, Ice Hockey (NES), Golf (NES), Sukapon, Monita

I focused on what characters would be unique additions to the cast. I like Dixie as a character, but I don't know if I want another Kong (Sorry vaanrose), and King K. Rool isn't iconic as many people claim to be (Neither is Captain Rainbow and Wonder Red though, but I'll get back to them in a minute). I think DK "deserves" another rep, but after Diddy Kong the worldwide recognition for the characters go severely downhill (That's why we have so many Pokemon and Mario characters). I didn't include any Zelda characters (My second favorite series), but I don't know any that I would want besides Tingle (and he's an assist trophy).

I'm not totally sold that Toad by himself has a chance. Sakurai might say, "He's already in Peach's moveset, so he can't be a fighter" However, if we are talking about Captain Toad....then hell yes. Especially that moveset that vaanrose came up with.

Of my choices, I think Chorus Kids, Inkling and Paper Mario have incredibly high chances. I'm even more sold on Gematsu, and with the data dumping that I did, I think Chorus Kids have already had some work on them (as their emblem was in the game at one point). Inkling could have a very interesting moveset. And the art style is amazing.

My main drawback to Paper Mario is that it's another Mario. I know it's a very different Mario, and has really unique moveset possibility (Can you imagine a moveset based on badges or transforming into various objects like Paper Mario Wii?)....but I don't know. People will show that character select screen with 30 Marios whenever Paper Mario gets in (If not 4, then definitely the next game).

Shy Guy/Koopa Troopa have low popularity, but are highly recognizable. However, since they would be repping Mario, I put them last, after Toad.

Overall, I want an additional series. I think Smash works best when it collides as many Nintendo properties as possible. Captain Rainbow would be neat, but his game was only released in Japan. Wonder Red would be a great choice, and I hope it happens so Kamiya can sell more copies of Wonderful 101 (I need to buy one myself...).

For my off wall choice, I'd like to see some sort of Nintendo sports title character. They could use their sports equipment as weapons (It'd be hilarious to see Kensuke smack someone with his snowboard), but I'm afraid for DLC they will stick with more popular characters. Sports-themed characters is something we don't have in the cast right now, so they have the potential to play really uniquely.

Daisy or Waluigi (if he wasn't an assist trophy) could have fit this role too. The issue is that those titles are necessarily canon (with the exception of Waluigi). I'd like to see a Mario Party inspired moveset but I'm afraid Sakurai isn't going to ever touch it. Monita is dead last as I don't know if she's coming back. Decent character, I'd see her moveset based on various Nintendo properties, and be a very meta character. Sukapon is second to last as she has some fans, but still...she's from a somewhat obscure/Japan only title....and Americans buy more DLC.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I have voted for Bandana Waddle Dee because I feel he would round out the main characters in the kirby series but also he would bring new moves to the table he would make an awesome addition

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Made my first few votes (waiting foe a breather for others)

First was Wolf because thats the only veteran that needed to come back and the most saddend to not come back.

The second was king k rool and i said he needs to be brought in because he deserves it, and i also pointed out to them the kermlings are in smash run for 3ds, and dk needs another rep/villian, and finally i love this villian.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Sword Ganondorf.

I already was baffled at Falcondorf in Melee. But three games in a row and now my tolerance is zero. It's completely unforgivable.

But I believe the Smash developers will do anything if enough people demand it.

Please. Do us Zelda fans a favor and vote for Ganondorf with a sword. It would please everyone if we have both Falcondorf and the real Ganondorf.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Haven't voted yet. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

(Not including characters already in the game. Sorry Takamaru, Waluigi, Skull Kid, etc I love you but...I think your chances are nil)
My choices in order:

Chorus Kids, Inkling, Chibi- Robo, Professor Layton, Paper Mario, Wonder Red, Captain Rainbow, King K. Rool/ Dixie (I don't really care which one TBH, Toad. Shy Guy/Koopa Troopa

Off-wall choice (AKA no chance land): Kensuke Kimachi, Ice Hockey (NES), Golf (NES), Sukapon, Monita

I focused on what characters would be unique additions to the cast. I like Dixie as a character, but I don't know if I want another Kong (Sorry vaanrose), and King K. Rool isn't iconic as many people claim to be (Neither is Captain Rainbow and Wonder Red though, but I'll get back to them in a minute). I think DK "deserves" another rep, but after Diddy Kong the worldwide recognition for the characters go severely downhill (That's why we have so many Pokemon and Mario characters). I didn't include any Zelda characters (My second favorite series), but I don't know any that I would want besides Tingle (and he's an assist trophy).

I'm not totally sold that Toad by himself has a chance. Sakurai might say, "He's already in Peach's moveset, so he can't be a fighter" However, if we are talking about Captain Toad....then hell yes. Especially that moveset that vaanrose came up with.

Of my choices, I think Chorus Kids, Inkling and Paper Mario have incredibly high chances. I'm even more sold on Gematsu, and with the data dumping that I did, I think Chorus Kids have already had some work on them (as their emblem was in the game at one point). Inkling could have a very interesting moveset. And the art style is amazing.

My main drawback to Paper Mario is that it's another Mario. I know it's a very different Mario, and has really unique moveset possibility (Can you imagine a moveset based on badges or transforming into various objects like Paper Mario Wii?)....but I don't know. People will show that character select screen with 30 Marios whenever Paper Mario gets in (If not 4, then definitely the next game).

Shy Guy/Koopa Troopa have low popularity, but are highly recognizable. However, since they would be repping Mario, I put them last, after Toad.

Overall, I want an additional series. I think Smash works best when it collides as many Nintendo properties as possible. Captain Rainbow would be neat, but his game was only released in Japan. Wonder Red would be a great choice, and I hope it happens so Kamiya can sell more copies of Wonderful 101 (I need to buy one myself...).

For my off wall choice, I'd like to see some sort of Nintendo sports title character. They could use their sports equipment as weapons (It'd be hilarious to see Kensuke smack someone with his snowboard), but I'm afraid for DLC they will stick with more popular characters. Sports-themed characters is something we don't have in the cast right now, so they have the potential to play really uniquely.

Daisy or Waluigi (if he wasn't an assist trophy) could have fit this role too. The issue is that those titles are necessarily canon (with the exception of Waluigi). I'd like to see a Mario Party inspired moveset but I'm afraid Sakurai isn't going to ever touch it. Monita is dead last as I don't know if she's coming back. Decent character, I'd see her moveset based on various Nintendo properties, and be a very meta character. Sukapon is second to last as she has some fans, but still...she's from a somewhat obscure/Japan only title....and Americans buy more DLC.
Sukapon's a girl? O_o

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Just voted for Excitebiker, he deserves some love.

I may end up voting on other devices as well, specifically for Captain Toad, Chibi-Robo, or Ray. And, of course, Captain Charlie.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Agumon he could have a creative move set, digimon is on there 15th anniversary, I want more Digimon games to come out to the west, hey if it happened with fire emblem it can happen with Digimon

CaptainLoin

Smash Rookie
I voted for Ray01. He is a unique character, he basically exists as the ideal for custom moves, theres not enough high-tech fighters, and he benefits the most from being in smash. I also reminded nintendo that a custom robo game with amiibos unlocking custom parts would be ideal for them. I'm in this to win, by any means necessary.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if you can vote multiple times from the same IP address?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I went Dixie cause Wolf is basically guaranteed at this point

I'm not sure if they count but I also voted for a few others which were Impa, Ridley, Wolf, Krystal, Captain Toad, Ice Climber (yes, CLIMBER), Bandana Dee, Isaac and I also sent them a vote telling them to buff Zelda along with suggestions cause gurl needs it. There were probably more but I can't really remember

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Ridley because he's too big..............of a deal not to be in!

K rool because we need a 3 king of trouble damnit!

Takamaru because I think a lot of people know who he is thank's to Nintendo land.

Not I wait for someone to tell me that voting for Ridley is a waste of time.

"Kicks up feet"

Ah I love the smell of dumdasses in the morning. :laugh:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm glad there's a variety of characters voted here, at least it's not just popular characters that are posted here. :)
Here's the list of characters I voted for:
Chorus Kids
Agnes Oblige
Professor Layton
Inkling
Cross
Masked Man
Geno
Wonder Red
Bayonetta
Rayman
Dr. Kawashima
Melia
Prince Sable
Classic Ganon
Lip
King Hippo Mike Jones
Though I kinda rushed the reason due to hype though. Z:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I know it's been a while but I'm almost surprised by the lack of Advance Wars reps in here. Andy and Sami would be awesome to have (hell, Sami could probably take Snake's old kit if IP is really the issue). Andy with his classic wrench and possibly some healing moves to match him. Their Special's could involve calling in support, like a mini airstrike or artillery barrage. I just think it'd be awesome to have the game represented.

As for the other common one's I support the idea of:
  • Shovel Knight (he just fits the style so well)
  • Shantae (great IP exclusive to Nintendo consoles)
  • Bomberman (classic character, pretty much an icon)
  • King K.Rool (more DK and villain reps)
  • Waluigi (round the bunch out, make his kit more referential to the sports/spin off games, although it does crowd the cast with a bit more Mario)
Think it's a bit early for Inkling votes, and haven't played W101, but think they'd be great additions as well. Also not sure Bayonetta really fits the style/might be bit to adult for the party game. And Ridley has all sorts of problems, he's iconic but not all characters are workable.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Kotaku is already trying to rally their members to get goku in the game we must stop them
That doesn't mean it'll actually happen. Sakurai still has the final say in all this, The poll is really just something to tell him what the fans want but that doesn't mean he has to do it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ridley because he's too big..............of a deal not to be in!

K rool because we need a 3 king of trouble damnit!

Takamaru because I think a lot of people know who he is thank's to Nintendo land.

Not I wait for someone to tell me that voting for Ridley is a waste of time.

"Kicks up feet"

Ah I love the smell of dumdasses in the morning. :laugh:
Let me guess, you heard the reasoning behind Takamaru's demotion to AT status from that Sakurai interview? :(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy. He has the highest chance of being in the game out of all the characters in my DLC wishlist.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Voted for King K. Rool. I think the king deserves it and I'm really curious to see how his potential from his boss fight will be used.

Though I'm going to vote later for Rayman and Wonder Red using other computers and IP addresses. The former is my last childhood hero missing in Smash and he could be an interesting fighter especially with his helicopter hair while the later would add playable representation for a fun action game and there's a lot of room for creativity for him.

Sha-Shulk

Smash Apprentice
Rayman, Paper Mario (I imagine would be similar animations to Mr. G&W), and Snake.

Also, maybe Isaac.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I actually voted for Balloon Fighter. If a dog and a duck could fight, then I'm pretty sure they could come up with a good moveset for him. Plus we could use another old school representative.

And I'm gonna keep requesting it until it happens. o-o

Last edited:

Sha-Shulk

Smash Apprentice
I immediately voted for my major, one-and-only true request, Blaziken.

Blaziken has been among one of the most popular Pokemon for years now, and his relevance has been brought even closer to the surface thanks to the 3rd Gen remakes and his special, limited availability in Pokemon X and Y. He was also one of the first Pokemon to have revealed Mega Evolution, along with...oh, what's that? Lucario and Mewtwo? Huh, what a strange coincidence...

Obviously I don't want another Captain Falcon clone; I feel that Blaziken could have a cool (er, hot?), unique, taekwondo-style moveset. I get that people probably don't want to "waste" votes on another Pokemon, but Blaziken is among the few Pokemon left that would make both an interesting fighter and a legitimately good representative. Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard and Pikachu are probably the top reps out there.

"oh, what's that? Lucario and Mewtwo?" .....(and Charizard)

Last edited:

Mudmage

Smash Rookie
I immediately voted for my major, one-and-only true request, Blaziken.

Blaziken has been among one of the most popular Pokemon for years now, and his relevance has been brought even closer to the surface thanks to the 3rd Gen remakes and his special, limited availability in Pokemon X and Y. He was also one of the first Pokemon to have revealed Mega Evolution, along with...oh, what's that? Lucario and Mewtwo? Huh, what a strange coincidence...

Obviously I don't want another Captain Falcon clone; I feel that Blaziken could have a cool (er, hot?), unique, taekwondo-style moveset. I get that people probably don't want to "waste" votes on another Pokemon, but Blaziken is among the few Pokemon left that would make both an interesting fighter and a legitimately good representative. Blaziken, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard and Pikachu are probably the top reps out there.
I would definitely agree, but sadly, I think we already have enough characters for this franchise. I believe the 2 series that need a new character is either Donkey Kong or Kirby. I voted for Bandana Waddle Dee because he needs more love and he could be really unique.

Top Bottom