• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Newbarktown

Smash Cadet
Roy

He's my boy. And we need another swordsman that isn't a clone (assuming they give him the PM treatment). Looking at you Lucina

Muro

Smash Lord
Ridley, because why the **** isn't he in already? He's the most recognizable villain in the metroid series...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I'll vote for Isaac. Though that might not be the best choice, since he's not all that iconic. But I think he has cool moves. There's always Wolf too.

If I was less reasonable, I'd go for Snake or upgrading one of the assist trophies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ridley, five times.

He's big and cool.

Also K. Rool, five times.

He's big and cool.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I should have voted Glover now that i think about it...

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I'm stuck between Chrom, Wolf, or Snake. As much as I'd love some old veterans to come back, I would love to see a new fighter introduced as DLC.

Hate to rain on your parade, but it's 500 characters, not words.
Yeah that's what I meant kek. Used to putting wordcounts not characters.

Odaroloc

Smash Cadet
NNID
OriginalRave
I feel like we need a poll for these voted-in characters in a sticky thread. If we can tally our results here, maybe we'll get an idea of who will be next. This is a poor sample because we're neglecting many countries, but we can believe.

To go with this thread though, I say Paper Mario. He's so much more unique and has more options to design his moveset than any other character. He has pixies, stars, teammates, badges, and stickers. BEWARE THE STICKERS.

Other characters I had in mind:
Shrek (because Shrek)
Lanky Kang
Birdo
Rayman
Snake
Wolf
Goku (this is his only shot at being a character guys, and it could happen if millions of bros come together)
Ice Climbers(not too likely, but maybe)
Young Link (moveset could be Majora's Mask oriented)
Midna
Waluigi (give him a god damned chance!)
Inkling Girl

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I haven't voted yet. I really want to make a single choice that I won't regret. In no particular order, here are the characters I really want to see get in.

1. Wolf (Star Fox)
  2. Inkling (Splatoon)
  3. Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  4. Rayman
  5. Popo (Ice Climbers)
  6. Tetra (Zelda: Wind Waker)
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Shantae

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I voted Ice Climbers because having them cut hit me hard. They're weird and obscure but I've become attached to them as Smash staples. As for new characters, I'm hesitant to vote because almost every new character I wanted was an AT or a boss or terribly obscure to begin with. I might vote for Dixie and Krystal because Muddy Mole and Geno are such longshots. If Takamaru was still on the table, I'd definitely vote for him.

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
Voted for King K. Rool. IMO he would be such an obviously perfect choice. Potentially great moveset, huge demand/fanbase, a 3rd representative for the DK franchise, 1 more bad guy in the roster and a heavyweight like Bowser/King Dedede the game definitely needs one more of! And not to mention, he is KING motherf*cking K. ROOL man!

Last edited:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
King K. Rool

we need more representation from the Donkey Kong franchise considering his video games appearances making a move set would be easy as pie.

Panda Yuki

Smash Rookie
NNID
PandaYuki
I went with the Inklings. They would have such a unique play style, plus they seem to have become rather well recognized as icons for Nintendo over the past year.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I'm voting inklings I think, there's a lot of potential there. impa would be good too.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Just voted for Henry Fleming since I believe my other wanted characters like Isaac, Inkling, King K. Rool, Lip, Snake and Wolf (though he's a given at this point seriously) will already get a lot of votes naturally.

trumpet Thief

Smash Rookie
Voted for Geno. 9 years going strong hoping for Geno representation in Smash Bros (all the way back to the Smash Bros. Melee gamefaqs forum)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not taking "stage hazard" for an answer.

My only hope is that Sakurai, after seeing enough votes on this poll, will be forced to change his mind for Ridley.

I'd pay $60 for him as DLC.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Voted for Simon Belmont because I'd like to play as him and think he'd have a interesting playstyle/bring interesting content along with him. Plus he and his series have a long history with Nintendo, and I think a lot of choices in this thread could be added in this or a future game anyways without this poll.

Last edited:

rubberband

Smash Rookie
Takamaru. Wonder Red, Issac, Masked Man, and Karate Joe are also cool, sadly they prolly won't stand a chance, not to say Takamaru will.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Voted Issac, Porky and Inkling.

I remembered after the fact to vote layton, but damn I'm bound by my word that I'll only vote once.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Isabelle from Animal Crossing

I have no idea what kind of moveset she would have and I know she's already an assist trophy but she's too pure for this world and transcends all reasoning

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
This ballot really made me think. Other than K. Rool (who I voted for) and Ridley, there's pretty much no more newcomers I can think of the top of my head.

Smash Bros. is truly an amazing thing.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I voted for Isaac not just for his ability to remain silent under pressure, but also for the future of the Golden Sun series.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I voted for Ray Mk 3 and Lyn. Under-appreciated greats here, my friends. K. Rool and Ridley will flood the votes. But those who I love will be the ones I throw my vote(s) away on.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
I wanted to go the unconventional approach and suggested Kumatora from MOTHER 3. I mean, it's probably never going to happen, but out of all the characters in the MOTHER/Earthbound series, Kumatora is my favorite.

My other top contenders were Rayman, Inkling Girl, Bomberman, Karate Joe, Bandana Dee, and Viridi.

CuecaX

Smash Rookie
I voted Ryu from Street Fighter, because HADOUKEN!

Seriously, nobody thought that?
The game already have a Capcom character, and Ryu is THE Fighting game character, everything fits!

Up B -> Shoryuken
Side B -> That Spining kick I forgot the name
Neutral B -> Hadoken!
Down B -> Something... (SF4 Focus Counter Attack?)

Last edited:

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I voted Bomberman. Because I've been in love with him since Wario Vs. Bomberman for GameBoy. I just know he would work so well.

Acearoni

Smash Rookie
Voted for Bomberman; The legend needs in another game and he fits perfectly

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Tails, he's Sonic's Luigi, and could have a great moveset. (This also definitely belongs in Character Discussion.)

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
so far I have voted for Esttellise and King K. Rool. going to do more votes soon

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I voted for Plasm Wraith from Pikmin 3 because I wanted another Pikmin representative and another villain, and he fit both of those without... being too big.

What, you're not hyped to play as a big blob of gold?

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I voted for Raichu lol

Idk why, was having trouble deciding, and then I thought Raichu would be a nice character to have, and I like him a lot, so yeah

Steelia

Smash Champion
2 Roy and 2 King K. Rool votes (three siblings plus myself). Got to love the power of family. My hope is Roy being reworked, but even if not, always preferred his up-close-and-personal game to Marth's tippers.
And K. Rool because he's friggin K. Rool.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Inkling! They have access to a bunch of different weapons and movement options, plus they can be male/female and can have light/dark skin and they look really cool

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
What I really hope for is another villain representative. Like, we have Ganondorf, Bowser, and Mewtwo, and that's all the villains out of a 53 character roster. Wario and Dedede are just a greedy jerks that actually are helpful multiple times in their series.

Top Bottom