• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What changes do YOU want for ness?

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
They should completely axe the power of his Pkt2. (Take away the ability to kill with it, but give it more priority and more hits while keeping it safe when he hits the ground like it already is.)

Then the things I'm about to say will be justified.

Make magnet have little to no startup and jump-out frames early on.

Give magnet fixed launch and more damage.

Increased range on up tild and ftilt

Make his foot hitboxes wider on his stomp.

Give him his sex kick from 64.

I know none of this is likely to happen, but it would be cool.

Last edited:

Bryonato

Green Hat
They should completely axe the power of his Pkt2. (Take away the ability to kill with it, but give it more priority and more hits while keeping it safe when he hits the ground like it already is.)

Then the things I'm about to say will be justified.

Make magnet have little to no startup and jump-out frames early on.

Give magnet fixed launch and more damage.

Increased range on up tild and ftilt

Make his foot hitboxes wider on his stomp.

Give him his sex kick from 64.

I know none of this is likely to happen, but it would be cool.

"Make Ness a spacie"

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
This'll never happen, but I always liked the idea of having Ness' fully charged sweetspot F-smash be a ohko :skull:

SpaceJello

Smash Apprentice
i think what hes trying to say is alot of those changes like early cancels in the absorb and pkt2 having more/bigger hitboxes is very similar to spacies. i honestly just want a ness that doesnt have more bad mu than good ones. i think increased movement speed would def make him better but i know thats not happening. #lowtierlife

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I would take a nerf to PKF for Mofo's thunder cancel and/or NZA's Magnet buff. I think it would be an awesome addition and my favorite things in this thread
Other than that I think it would be cool to change PKFire to PKKiai/Rocking, the only change that would be a graphical one, upon ignition, and of course a new sound bite of him yelling the new move name. Ya know just be a little more connected to Earthbound :D

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I want pk fire to split into 3 more pkfires when I hit b. And split into 3 more pkfires when I hit b again!

D

Deleted member

PK fire gets you super easy grabs

shut up about your grab range pls

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ness's grab range is probably fine as is considering his ridiculous punishes off grab. I mean, I wouldn't mind having a grab box behind me a little :D. But to be honest, I don't think any characters need to have grab boxes behind them.

Zero May Cry

Smash Cadet
You can get grabs on characters behind you, NZA, but it's very situational and pretty impractical and pretty much up to weird hitbox/hurtbox interactions. Also about his grab range let's just be glad it's not as terrible as Melee Ness' grab. Jesus, in that game Ness' hands like went inside him during a grab lol

Top Bottom