• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What causes Captain Falcon to lose?

woody72691

Smash Ace
i'm a falcon player and i like rarely lose, the only times i lose is to spikes of falco and marth!!! thats wut i really hate!!

Hax

Smash Champion
what i wish falcon had was like a sex kick move that he can jump out of shield with or beat people around him quick. uair doesnt cover the front, nair doesnt have the knockback\priority and fair doesnt work in these situations. something like sheik's nair, you know?

i dont know what a move it could replace though. maybe down b lol.
i know exactly what you mean, sorta like nair in n64 except now falcon falls faster so it'd be much better.

nair (in ssbm) is the closest thing falcon has to a quick sex kick (failed knee is basically a sex kick but comes out slow).. hence i use it so much.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
The thing that Falcon runs on is Belief . You have to believe to win. You have to believe to be Falcon. If u hestitate or become aprehensive over what ur doing u have already lost

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Every character in the game is designed to gimp Captain Falcon. But Captain Falcon is so awesome that he sometimes wins anyway. Show Me Your Moves.

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Umm...no "real" advantages over any of the top/high tier characters despite what has been previously said throughout this thread. His costs far outweigh his benefits againts most of the top/high tiers (againts Marth its suppose to be even).

Still a good character tho...and I'm luvin his knee...LMAO

Smash Attak Mak

Smash Rookie
I know two things for sure:
1. The person who wins the match is obviously better than the person who lost (maybe not better overall, but at least for that match).
2. If a person wins with Falcon, however, that person is considerably better than the one who lost (unless it was a Falcon ditto, lol). This is taking into consideration all of Falcon's EXTREME disadvantages. If you can defeat even a decent Sheik or Marth with Falcon, that person who lost should be ashamed and you can make fun of them for that.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
yeah
And falcon is middle tier?

Anyway, falcon loses agianst people who are better and that have projectiles, and everyone except like kirby and bowser.

Unless you are like darkrain.

smart u
who doesn't lose to someone that's better than him?
and u mean falcon can only defeat characters such as kirby and bowser?
lose to projectile chars?
the projectile that gives falcon the most troubles is falco's laser
other than that a decent falcon player who doesn't have to be darkrain can deal with them.
i guess u lost to a bowser and kirby with falcon b4
don't blame on falcon plz
its u not him.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Falcon has plenty of priority because he's fast and can choose his fights. Also, Fsmash, Knee, and Upair are too good for getting there, and backair is monster. It's called timing and not spamming neutral airs and knees all the time. Straight8... dunno how much you know about what you're talking about.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I know two things for sure:
1. The person who wins the match is obviously better than the person who lost (maybe not better overall, but at least for that match).
2. If a person wins with Falcon, however, that person is considerably better than the one who lost (unless it was a Falcon ditto, lol). This is taking into consideration all of Falcon's EXTREME disadvantages. If you can defeat even a decent Sheik or Marth with Falcon, that person who lost should be ashamed and you can make fun of them for that.
smash attak mak, i'mma have to disagree with you.

1. Match-ups are very important, so is the stage on which the 2 players fight. This is why counterpicks exist. Ultimately, the better player of the match could still lose.

2. Falcon is not as bad as you make him sound out to be. Falcon has disadvantages, but he has several advantages, too. Guaranteed combos into knees are always nice. and you can learn to recover better and save yourself some of the time. and Falcon is supposed to beat marth - so as a Marth player, i wouldn't feel ashamed losing to a good falcon.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... out of my brief personal experience playing with CF, i'd say my biggest drawback, is my own impulsive desire to jump off the stage chasing after a recoverig oponent, without even thinking what am i supposed to do once out there. I'm all "Hah!, I catched up to you!... uh... what now?" and then I'll most likely selfdestruct. I just cant seem to stop trying to show off when i play the Captain.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
I would say Falcon's lack of priority on some moves, and because his down b recovery is very unusable in many cases, leading to him trying to DI back to stage on a high up b.

JFox

Smash Hero
His lack of recovery, both double jump and Up B. That really is the only thing that makes him a low tier high tier character, IMO.

CPTNfalcon

Smash Apprentice
Falcon loses because of his lack of recovery (without ledge techs) and his low priority against characters with retarted hit boxes . . . marth. Also if you don't have good mindgames then there is no falcon. Basically.

Top Bottom