• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) What can we do for your donation?!?

Violence

Smash Lord
That's what I mean though.

It's not a player base that we have a chance of losing to.

The game doesn't have a comparable player base.

We only have a chance of losing to the fan base.

We've mostly been tapping into the player base, but maybe it's time to start looking at Melee/Nintendo's fan base?

smashmachine

Smash Lord
like violence said, this is melee player base vs skullgirls community
if every nintendo fanboy ever pitched in $1, this thing would've been over a long time ago

Revven

FrankerZ
I think the regular Nintendo fan wouldn't care, that's the difference. The regular Nintendo fan believes Smash is better as a party game, something you play casually and not seriously.

Or maybe that's the very vocal minority Nintendo fan talking, I don't know. I've just read all sorts of varying degrees of comments on this from the outside on like Kotaku and GoNintendo... even Youtube. The amount of ignorance on Smash's competitive scene is really quite saddening. Lots of people truly believe everything's Fox only on Final Destination. =\ (That damn meme still hasn't died out anytime competitive Smash is brought up).

smashmachine

Smash Lord
I think the regular Nintendo fan wouldn't care, that's the difference. The regular Nintendo fan believes Smash is better as a party game, something you play casually and not seriously.

Or maybe that's the very vocal minority Nintendo fan talking, I don't know. I've just read all sorts of varying degrees of comments on this from the outside on like Kotaku and GoNintendo... even Youtube. The amount of ignorance on Smash's competitive scene is really quite saddening. Lots of people truly believe everything's Fox only on Final Destination. =\
even then, they might pay to see that at evo anyway :awesome:

Seartu

Smash Journeyman
SG's is enjoying a steady flow of donations right now thanks to being on Mr. Fanatiq's stream right now.

EDIT: Oops, wrong topic, kinda.

The Star King

Smash Hero
How much for a recorded, 10 second long MikeHaggar + leffen hug (no middle finger behind the back or anything, you have to sell it like you're in a movie - I want you smiling warmly and everything)? Just wondering (leffen + hax can also work)

BathSalts

Smash Rookie
Any word on the signed controllers?

And has anyone talked to PC Chris about that hair donation?

Lovage

Smash Hero
i'd double that donation for mike haggar lifting leffen up and throwing him on a roof

recorded, with the whole euro community watching and armada on skype thru somebody's phone

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Yo Gimpy!
How much to get you to change your Smashboards and YouTube channel name to GimpyFish62 for a year?
AND/OR
Change your "About" section on YouTube to describe yourself as maining Bowser in Melee, Project M, AND Brawl?

Basically what's your dignity worth?
Everyone else has already sold theirs, and it's really helped.

gimpyfish bowser boozer cute fsmash

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
If I donate $100, could I get my matches critiqued by more than one player so long their totals add up to $100?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
If I donate $100, could I get my matches critiqued by more than one player so long their totals add up to $100?
As someone you doesn't officially know the answer to that question, I'm going to say yes. I will gladly complain on your behalf if for some reason they aren't okay with that because honestly... why not?

oksas

oak-sauce
so i think i might be able to donate a franklin this week. if i did, this means i could potentially get an online critique from S2J or Hax or something and on top of that ask mango to do something wacky for my donation, yeah?

edit: wacky outside of the game, nothing tournament influential

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
If someone can get Ken and Isai to team up at EVO

I will donate 300 dollars.

On top of the 100-200 I'm gonna put into the training.

Top Bottom