• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

A.A

Smash Cadet
Simple, What came first the Chicken or the Egg? Why do you think that?

how do you do a poll?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Someone told me that this question is a basis of a religion debate.

The chicken coming first is creation in which it seems to implies that God created animals in their adult stages.

The egg coming first is evolution which implies that a generation of birds laid eggs that hatched into a chickens.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'd say the egg, because the chicken would have to come from somewhere. It makes sense if you use the theory of evolution, because one day a species would create a chicken egg, thus hatching a chicken. This proves the egg came before the chicken. Kinda.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
For evolutionists, the egg. All dependent though, I mean other creatures hatch eggs. So there could've been cross-breeding, mutation, etc.

For the faithful -- the chicken.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's the egg. The corresponding egg goes after the corresponding animal. New species are formed from genetic mutations which were accidents. Techincally, the first would be the egg, but that would be by accident. Naturally it's the chicken.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
THE EGG! there have been eggs way before Chickens, and there will be eggs after Chickens.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Meta-Knight did with his infinite cape glitch.

But in all honesty, it WAS the egg.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Rather than getting into the scientific and evolutionary principles behind this question (it does have a definite, correct answer by the way), instead I'm going to expound on the wonders of chickens and eggs and make this thread worthwhile

Chickens are awesome because they lay eggs for you to eat, and you can eat the chicken itself too. It's a food machine.

Same with cows. You can drink their milk (or use it to make cheese, yogurt, butter), and eat them too! These animals are true marvels of the universe. Honestly, I think I could survive forever with a few chickens and cows. Eggs and milk in the morning, a nice cheeseburger for lunch, chicken for dinner, and a nice yogurt snack before bed.

It's no coincidence that these majestic creatures spawned one of the greatest cartoon combos ever:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Rather than getting into the scientific and evolutionary principles behind this question (it does have a definite, correct answer by the way), instead I'm going to expound on the wonders of chickens and eggs and make this thread worthwhile

Chickens are awesome because they lay eggs for you to eat, and you can eat the chicken itself too. It's a food machine.

Same with cows. You can drink their milk (or use it to make cheese, yogurt, butter), and eat them too! These animals are true marvels of the universe. Honestly, I think I could survive forever with a few chickens and cows. Eggs and milk in the morning, a nice cheeseburger for lunch, chicken for dinner, and a nice yogurt snack before bed.

It's no coincidence that these majestic creatures spawned one of the greatest cartoon combos ever:
*picture*
I would still like to see a definite answer just to know, though I'm leaning towards the egg.

However...

What are you going to do when you run out of Chickens and Cows to feed off of? Wouldn't you want to wait to eat them AFTER they produce the eggs/yogurt/more chickens/cows to have a "filling" lunch/dinner?

Also don't you need something to cook them... unless you intend to eat them raw? :p

Niiro

Smash Ace
I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I'd meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I ran all night and day.
I couldnt get away.

That's Spanish for the chicken.

D

Deleted member

I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I'd meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I ran all night and day.
I couldnt get away.

That's Spanish for the chicken.
Flock of Seagulls references = pimp

Yes. My dog came from the sky when it was raining
cats & dogs.

Answer sloved. BTW you did know I was kidding right?
Yeah, I just like ****ing around with people online.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Answer: Bacon.

Seriously though, it has got to be the egg, considering the chicken probably evolved through a mutation in a gene or something a long time ago, so, whatever the chicken's closest ancestor is, their mutated egg caused chickens.

Frown

poekmon
Once, there was a dinosaur bird.

The dinosaur birds had to adjust in order to spread their offspring more easily.

The dinosaur bird species started to look more and more like chickens, until one day, when a semi-chicken laid a chicken egg.

The egg.

Geist

Smash Master
Neither did. Saying the chicken came first would be saying "all of the sudden there was a chicken"
Saying the egg came first would be like saying "all of the sudden there was a chicken egg."

If you look at it though a serious evolutionary view, the ancestor of the chicken gradually adapted over time and became the chicken that it is now.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Neither did. Saying the chicken came first would be saying "all of the sudden there was a chicken"
Saying the egg came first would be like saying "all of the sudden there was a chicken egg."

If you look at it though a serious evolutionary view, the ancestor of the chicken gradually adapted over time and became the chicken that it is now.
Well, technically, once the genetically "perfect" chicken is born, it came from the egg.

Also, I just realized this question is pretty open. Saying the Chicken or the Egg, for example, isn't very specific. It is assumed the egg is the chicken's, but it doesn't say so. So, in the end, anything that laid eggs before the chicken came around would make the egg the correct answer. sorry if the way i worded it is confusing

Caische

Smash Rookie
I guess that somehow these two species created a the chicken. The mother laid the egg, then the chicken came.

So in my opinion, egg.

I use to own some chickens ^-^ But they were racist so we had to get rid of them ;__;

Top Bottom