• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
generally if someone doesn't like something they don't want it to succeed so
Not necessarily. I don't like Xenoblade Chronicles X because it's just not what I expected. Was hoping for something more action oriented, like Final Fantasy XV. But I don't want it too die because I recognize it's just not for me. On the otherhand, the Boondocks season 4 can burn cause that was a total bastardization of the series. Basically, it's not general, it just depends on the context.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Seems like a case of "I don't enjoy it so no one else should be able to either."
Crikey, if I didn't know better, I'd say you're Yahtzee from Zero Punctiation in some of his earlier reviews...

Anyway: This opinion would've been a hell of a lot more relevant 4 years ago: The ACR from COD Modern Warfare 3 is overpowered.
If you looked at the stats of the weapon and compared it to the rest of the Assault Rifles, this should be common sense, but it isn't. It's a bigger crutch weapon than the M4A1, the M4 atleast takes some skill to use.
If you don't play FPS games often, here's how this weapon goes: It's a high accuracy (low gunkick), low recoil (low viewkick), high damage (3-4HK) Assault Rifle with decent range (20-35m), slightly lower than average rate of fire (705RPM) and clear Iron Sights. It has the high damage output of the AK47, FAD, CM901 and G36C without the recoil problems, and the low recoil and high accuracy of the M4A1 and SCAR-L without any of the damage or range problems. The only weapons that compare to it are the two cloned burst fire weapons (M16A4 and Type95) and arguably the MK14, but only if you can put that thing to use, which almost nobody could back in the day and still not many people can, nowadays.

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily. I don't like Xenoblade Chronicles X because it's just not what I expected. Was hoping for something more action oriented, like Final Fantasy XV. But I don't want it too die because I recognize it's just not for me. On the otherhand, the Boondocks season 4 can burn cause that was a total bastardization of the series. Basically, it's not general, it just depends on the context.
ok and i replied and elaborated on why i dont like it so i don't see the problem

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
Ok Imma post this again.

Personal dislike is not a reason to wish for a series, and a popular one at that, to die.
fam you're overanalyzing i was js that i don't like the pokemon series which is an unpopular opinion but watever floats ur boat

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You need to say why you don't like it, though. Just saying "I don't like it" is just confusing if there's no reasoning.

And there's also no reason to say you hope a beloved franchise dies just because you don't like it, either. That's like me saying that I wish Call of Duty would die because it's a game I personally just do not enjoy playing.

Explain your opinions, don't just say "This franchise needs to die because I don't like it".

On-topic: I actually prefer playing Carnivores: Cityscape over the original Carnivores game and even it's sequel.

finalark

SNORLAX
ok and i replied and elaborated on why i dont like it so i don't see the problem
It's really not that complex. As a matter of fact, FamilyTeam FamilyTeam laid it out perfectly:

Seems like a case of "I don't enjoy it so no one else should be able to either."
Crikey, if I didn't know better, I'd say you're Yahtzee from Zero Punctiation in some of his earlier reviews...
Like, damn dude. There's not liking something, and then there's being elitist about it. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean the whole world should bend to your will and completely eradicate it. That's just myopic.

Esphas

Smash Rookie
You need to say why you don't like it, though. Just saying "I don't like it" is just confusing if there's no reasoning.

And there's also no reason to say you hope a beloved franchise dies just because you don't like it, either. That's like me saying that I wish Call of Duty would die because it's a game I personally just do not enjoy playing.

Explain your opinions, don't just say "This franchise needs to die because I don't like it".
it was just a figure of speech to express her dislike for the series lmao. youre acting like shes going to really kill it

wii u > wii

Shiida

Smash Apprentice

On-topic: I actually prefer playing Carnivores: Cityscape over the original Carnivores game and even it's sequel.
what esphas said

i just said i hope pokemon dies when did i say to bend to my will LMAO

sorry that i offended you with my unpopular opinion since you're that passionate about pokemon

finalark

SNORLAX
what esphas said

sorry that i offended you with my unpopular opinion since you're that passionate about pokemon

Nobody cares that you dislike Pokemon. The fact that your attitude is "I don't like it so nobody else should" is where the problem lies.

Ocarina Stealer

Smash Apprentice
what esphas said

You're saying your opinion is THE opinion and the one and only opinion.
You're saying that everything else contradicting that opinion is wrong.
Also you should make an attempt to make your posts readable by at least attempting to use grammar.

Last edited:

Esphas

Smash Rookie
Also you should make an attempt to make your posts readable by at least attempting to use grammar.
source please hun :)

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
when did i say this

Nobody cares that you dislike Pokemon. The fact that your attitude is "I don't like it so nobody else should" is where the problem lies.
when did i say no one should like it i'm lost within ur delusions
i'm not asking u to care this is an unpopular opinion thread
you are..the one who..replied to me..

--

typical pokemon fandom behavior tbh

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Everyone.
Let's calm down, I'd rather have this not become a ****storm.
The way Shiida Shiida expressed his opinion might be wrong, yes, but he got his point across: He doesn't like Pokemon.
Sure, saying that "Pokemon should die" is being somewhat uncivil and impolite, but you guys ain't helping much.
We should probably change subjects before this really goes south.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've never minded ice levels in video games. I know they tend to get a bad rep, but I find them to be enjoyable. Hell, Cool Cool Mountain and Snowman's Land are some of my favorite levels in SM64.

With that, Dire Dire Docks and Jolly Roger Bay were some of my least favorite. I don't care if they have "good music", they feel clunky and go at a snail's pace. And on repeat runs they become a chore.

Last edited:

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
Everyone.
Let's calm down, I'd rather have this not become a ****storm.
The way Shiida Shiida expressed his opinion might be wrong, yes, but he got his point across: He doesn't like Pokemon.
Sure, saying that "Pokemon should die" is being somewhat uncivil and impolite, but you guys ain't helping much.
We should probably change subjects before this really goes south.
i am a girl ):
i never said it should die tho i said i hope it does (to express the magnitude of my dislike for it)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've never minded ice levels in video games. I know they tend to get a bad rep, but I find them to be enjoyable. Hell, Cool Cool Mountain and Snowman's Land are some of my favorite levels in SM64.

With that, Dire Dire Docks and Jolly Roger Bay were some of my least favorite. I don't care if they have "good music", they feel clunky and go at a snail's pace. And on repeat runs they become a chore.
>Forgetting the best Ice levels

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I don't mind Ice Levels. Come to think of it, I don't mind Water levels either. I'm just used to them, that's all.
i am a girl ):
i never said it should die tho i said i hope it does (to express the magnitude of my dislike for it)
It's okay. I don't mind it. I think we should all calm down.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
If the ice level has something to do with skating or penguins (points to 3D Mario) I'm all for it.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Aeris > Aerith. I will fight you over this.

And then impale you and send you to the Lifestream and your love interest into a wheelchair.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Aeris > Aerith. I will fight you over this.

And then impale you and send you to the Lifestream and your love interest into a wheelchair.
I never realized that this was an issue. Don't really see how though, the two names have very little difference. Generally, I refer to characters and such by whatever name they go by in my region.

But yeah, I think the western name sounds better.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
undertale isnt what the hype cuts it out to be
I love Undertale, but Undertale is probably the single most overrated game of recent years, perhaps all time

And if you tell an Undertale fan that they will get defensive and angry 100% of the time, unless that are the small fraction of people like myself who love the game but know it isn't the best thing ever.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
undertale isnt what the hype cuts it out to be
Well. When fans of an indie game overrhype the game a bit too much. Disapointment is bound to happen.
Undertale is probably the single most overrated game of recent years, perhaps all time
I'm very sure the FNaF series gets the title of overrated game(s) of all time.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
On the note of overrated games, Silent Hill 2.

Woo hoo, the devs prove that they all got As in high school writing. But why the **** did they make the controls and camera worse when they jumped from PS1 to PS2?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Woo hoo, the devs prove that they all got As in high school writing. But why the **** did they make the controls and camera worse when they jumped from PS1 to PS2?
Ain't that one of the games Yahtzee makes sound like it's the best thing ever and it's sooooo scawy?

finalark

SNORLAX
Ain't that one of the games Yahtzee makes sound like it's the best thing ever and it's sooooo scawy?
Yeah. To be fair, it does have quite a spook factor to it. If I was younger and/or less experienced with horror games I probably would have been scared.

Unfortunately, I've been a horror enthusiast since I discovered I actually like spoopy things when I was a teenager. While I can appreciate atmosphere, these days not a whole lot phases me.

But anyway, Silent Hill 2. It's an alright game that suffers from bad camera and bad controls. For the record, I know that this was intentional. But the first game also had intentionally clunky controls that were perfectly serviceable once you learned them, SH2 uses similar controls but takes away mobility options for no reason at all. Not to mention it had a lot of nonsensical padding, especially near the end where it also seems to give up on anything resembling puzzles and ends up relying on "rub X against Y to make progress."

There are plenty of parts in the game that are pretty fun and spectacular, but overall its pretty hit and miss. IMO its got the Majora's Mask problem where most of its praise comes from OMG SO DARK OMG SO SYMBOLIC OMG SO DEEP rather than anything to do with the actual game itself.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I didn't like Ocarina of Time, like I'm sure I said before. I see almost no way I could like Majora Mask, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom