• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your unpopular gaming opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
I never understood the hate Shadow got in his game, Its like they just wanted to see it as another sonic game, which its not its a SHADOW game. I loved running around blasting things with th Omochao gun or running aroudn healing peopl with the health gun. being able to pretty much TAKE over the entire human army by SHOOTING THEM was pretty awesome.
Staying on the sonic tangent I also believe that part of what makes teh current games so awesome, is the huge freaking cast of DIFFERENT characters in the series. I would love to see more games like Sonic heroes that let you play these other characters.

I also stillwant a Mario/sonic Cross over 2d platforming game. It may have been shown in plenty of FLASH animatiosn.. but Launcing Sonic with Mario's hammer would be an AWESOME battle move! So yeah, gian sonic cast, Giant mario cast, MAKE our own team..
then go stomp some shiz XD

Mr. Buddy

Smash Cadet
-RPG's are laughably overrated
-Killer Instinct 2 > Killer Instinct 1
-I enjoyed Pikmin 2 much more than the original and was quite bummed when Pikmin 3 was more like Pikmin 1
-I did not like Donkey Kong 64
-World at War is best CoD
-Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat
-Tekken > Street Fighter
-Escape from the city is an awful song
-Stickerbrish Synpohny is not the best DKC song (give me Life in the mines, Fear Factory and Aquatic Ambience anyday)
-Shadow and Amy are my most hated sonic characters, ever surpassing Big the Cat and Omochao
-Roger Craig Smith is a better voice actor for Sonic than Ryan Drummond and definitely Jason Griffith
-Counter Strike isn't very fun
-Opposing Force is best Half-Life game
- Diddy Kong Racing's adventure mode was the worst part of the game.

Last edited:

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
Sm4sh isn't worth full price. It's a $15-$20 game. Luckily for me, I got both the 3DS and WiiU version for free, which would be the only way I told myself I'd get it.

Final Fantasy was never good and 7-10 bar 9 was the nail in the coffin. That being said Riku, Yuffie, Lulu, Zidane, Kimahri and Vivi are the best characters from the series.
Are you kidding me?

finalark

SNORLAX
-Escape from the city is an awful song
I don't think you'd ever find someone who listens to this song unironically.

EDIT:

Final Fantasy IX has the worst gameplay out of the PS trilogy. I feel like most people who love this game to death do so for it's story and nothing else. The battles were agonizingly slow and were a major step down from the pacing of both FFVII and VIII's battles. The trance system was horribly unbalanced due to the bar filling up so slowly that you almost never got it when it was useful. Plus it's usefulness varied entirely based on who got it. Quina's trance went off? Cool, blue magic is easier to learn. Zidane's trance goes off? Have fun one-shotting damn near every non-boss encounter in the game.

That's just fighting. Character customization was hugely limited compared to VII and VIII. The ability system was neat in concept, but provided very little character customization and is horribly inferior to the simple but effective materia system from VII and is completely blown away by the depth of the junction system from VIII. It doesn't stop there, though. It really feels like the team blew their budget on the first two discs because once you get to disc 3 and can freely explore the world you'll find that everything but the first two continents have almost nothing on them and come off as extremely incomplete.

Now, from the above post you might assume I hate FFIX. I want to clarify that I don't. It's actually one of my favorite games in the series (admittedly entirely for nostalgia purposes) and is actually the one I have played the most. Yes, the story and characters are some of the best in the series but I feel like people who sing this game's praises tend to completely skim over or ignore it's deeply flawed game play.

Last edited:

Bee18

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-5166-9137
unpopular gaming opinion... hmm... well, i'd probably have to say that i really love princess daisy and i want her to have her own spinoff game or miniseries, similar to warioware. sure she can be annoying, but i think she has so much potential for a fleshed-out main character. i really wish she was in sm4sh as well.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I don't think you'd ever find someone who listens to this song unironically.

EDIT:

Final Fantasy IX has the worst gameplay out of the PS trilogy. I feel like most people who love this game to death do so for it's story and nothing else. The battles were agonizingly slow and were a major step down from the pacing of both FFVII and VIII's battles. The trance system was horribly unbalanced due to the bar filling up so slowly that you almost never got it when it was useful. Plus it's usefulness varied entirely based on who got it. Quina's trance went off? Cool, blue magic is easier to learn. Zidane's trance goes off? Have fun one-shotting damn near every non-boss encounter in the game.

That's just fighting. Character customization was hugely limited compared to VII and VIII. The ability system was neat in concept, but provided very little character customization and is horribly inferior to the simple but effective materia system from VII and is completely blown away by the depth of the junction system from VIII. It doesn't stop there, though. It really feels like the team blew their budget on the first two discs because once you get to disc 3 and can freely explore the world you'll find that everything but the first two continents have almost nothing on them and come off as extremely incomplete.

Now, from the above post you might assume I hate FFIX. I want to clarify that I don't. It's actually one of my favorite games in the series (admittedly entirely for nostalgia purposes) and is actually the one I have played the most. Yes, the story and characters are some of the best in the series but I feel like people who sing this game's praises tend to completely skim over or ignore it's deeply flawed game play.
I agree in quite a few ways. I touched upon FFIX's gameplay issues in an earlier post in this thread. I'd say the limited character customization is by design though. I think it was trying to go back to Final Fantasy IV's style where every character had a very specific role and customizing them wasn't the point.

finalark

SNORLAX
I agree in quite a few ways. I touched upon FFIX's gameplay issues in an earlier post in this thread. I'd say the limited character customization is by design though. I think it was trying to go back to Final Fantasy IV's style where every character had a very specific role and customizing them wasn't the point.
Yeah, I see what you mean. FFIX is certainly a game that favors party composition over customization. I don't think that's a bad idea in and of itself, it just feels like a major step down after the complexity of the materia and junction systems. I might have been better if the ability system had been dropped and more focus had been put on that instead. The biggest issue with the focus on party composition is that you can't actually customize your party until your in the last stretch of the game, so this aspect of the game never really gets a chance to shine.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
PS1 battle systems for FF has me mixed. (this has nothing to do with unpopular opinions)

Speed: FF7 had long unskippable summons, but the game speed overall was great. VIII was fine, long summons at least allowed you to play and Boost GF strength. IX allowed you to skip them, but unfortunately the slowest FF game.

Limit Breaks/Trance: FF7 did it best for sure. You could grind and get to level 3 fairly early on. Being able to unlock it early was fun. VIII's was broken. Junction HP to raise max HP and keep your current HP low to just Limit Break everything. Trance was just random and bad.

Materia/Junction/Abilities: Leveling up Materia was a blast. Being able to do anything creative with it though? Really limited until end game. That and everyone defining trait ended up being Limit Breaks at end game. VIII was fun but easily broke the game. IX is probably the most balanced in this regard. That and every character stayed unique.

I do agree that IX is the hardest for me to play though. VII is streamlined and easy for replays. Addicting and fun. VIII was easy to rush through the game. If IX ever got an enhanced port of some kind, I would hope that they would speed it up.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Ocarina of Time while Revolutionary was not and will never be a Master Piece.

I get the Fire Temple and simply get bored. Not because its hard..just boring.

I liked Paper Mario: Super Star Sticker. Even though I'd never pay money to buy it. It was an ok Game.

Cave Story is the best Jump and Shoot Platformer I've ever played and the Story was great.

Smash 4's Single Player is my favorite Single Player mode of all Smash Games. Expecially Smash Tour.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
At first. I had neutral opinions about Shulk and Xenoblade Chronicles, but after looking into Xenoblade Chronicles game, I didn't like it because the twist about your one companions in that game didn't seem fitting and Xenogears did one of Xenoblade Chronicles themes a little better.

I am not denying the popularity of Final Fantasy VII, but I find Final Fantasy V better than VII. The Job System was really well done and I don't think the characters were that bland. My only character-related complaint is Exdeath being annoying (especially Dissidia.)

I like Melee, but not to the point of saying it is the best Smash. I think all the Smash games have good and bad points.

Sonic games aren't bad and I don't really care if it's classic or modern. They have their ups and downs.

I think the Unreal engines are getting over used. I see so many games use them that the Unreal team can stop making their own games.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ocarina of Time while Revolutionary was not and will never be a Master Piece.
The fact it's revolutionary is the reason it's a masterpiece. It pretty much led the way for the rest of 3D adventures with Z-Targeting.
I liked Paper Mario: Super Star Sticker. Even though I'd never pay money to buy it. It was an ok Game.
You thinking that you didn't get your money's worth after finishing the game is my definition of a bad game.
Smash 4's Single Player is my favorite Single Player mode of all Smash Games. Expecially Smash Tour.
That's surprising. I liked Brawl's the best because it had boss battle mode, subspace emissary, I liked the target test better than the bomb-target thing, and it had a bunch of extra content that Sm4sh just didn't have from a single-player perspective. Also, Smash Tour isn't even in single-player.
I think the Unreal engines are getting over used. I see so many games use them that the Unreal team can stop making their own games.
UE is used because it's a good development environment. The environment was made for other people to make their games on, not for the company to actually use themselves. The company lets people use their engine, charges royalties, and makes a profit off of that. It's also in C#, so a lot of big Xbox developers might switch to that now that Microsoft discontinued XNA. Quite honestly, Unreal 4 has the best bargain for big companies right now in my opinion, but their development base is having to relearn how to use it because of the switch from UnrealScript to C++.

Anyways, the point I was trying to get at is making their own games isn't Unity's goal. Epic does it with Unreal (making Gears of War, Unreal Tournament, etc.) to show off their engine, but in the end, they're both trying to attract people to their engine so people make their own games and they can profit off of the royalties (or profit off of the subscriptions).

But this is an unpopular opinions thread, so to each his own.

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
The fact it's revolutionary is the reason it's a masterpiece. It pretty much led the way for the rest of 3D adventures with Z-Targeting.

You thinking that you didn't get your money's worth after finishing the game is my definition of a bad game.
Z-Targeting was fine. It was how it was excuted. While we could have had fast paced sword slashing fights. Most enemys don't do anything but stand there.

OoT was just empty in terms of exploring. Nothing looked awe-inspiring or stood out in OoT. Nothing to Explore. Nothing go see.

Story was the only interesting part. But midway through I was already done with it. Mostly because the gameplay it self was bland.

Twilight Princess did what OoT did but better. OoT was like a test run. Which is understandable. But to me Twilight Princess was a true Master Piece. Characters had personality. World felt alive and felt like I was in a unknown Land that I could truly explore.

Also I say I wouldn't buy Paper Mario:Star Sticker because it was short is all. I'd possibly pick it up again but its not my top priority. Is it worth 20$? Sure.

Gameplay while not exactly Paper Mario was ok. Simple, Nothing complex, I liked the Platforming addition they added. I enjoy Strategy so the Sticker System wasn't an Issue for me.

Still very Humorous.

It was alright at best.

But so are other things I haven't played yet.

finalark

SNORLAX
Z-Targeting was fine. It was how it was excuted. While we could have had fast paced sword slashing fights. Most enemys don't do anything but stand there.

OoT was just empty in terms of exploring. Nothing looked awe-inspiring or stood out in OoT. Nothing to Explore. Nothing go see.
I see you've seen sequelitis.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
I see you've seen sequelitis.
Yes but Arin voiced his opinion on issues I agreed with. Though a lot I didn't.

I've felt this way even as a child. I loved the Child Part of the game but stopped after I beat the Water Temple.

I've tried multiple times to give OoT another shot playing from Start to Finish but It always results in just becoming Bland.

If the Combat System, like Arin said, was executed better it would have be a more thrilling game to play.

Battles would be fun.

While Waiting, in certain games, Like Donkey Kong Country, Cave Story and Super Mario Bro's 3 make the games difficult. Those are all non-combat involved games.

With an acceptation of Cave Story but their Boss Battles were all fast paced and the way he pulled it off went well with its 2D Platform experience.

Twilight Princess did Combat Justice. You could use certain moves to defeat enemies. Most of the time you had to use the move you learned to take out an enemy. It felt like an actual fight.

You had to be on your wits.

OoT just didn't have that. I mean hey, it was a test run.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also I say I wouldn't buy Paper Mario:Star Sticker because it was short is all. I'd possibly pick it up again but its not my top priority. Is it worth 20$? Sure.

Gameplay while not exactly Paper Mario was ok. Simple, Nothing complex, I liked the Platforming addition they added. I enjoy Strategy so the Sticker System wasn't an Issue for me.

Still very Humorous.

It was alright at best.

But so are other things I haven't played yet.
I guess it might have been an alright game, but I'd grown up with Paper Mario, got TTYD in 2004 (one of my favorite games of all time), got Paper Mario in 2006 (tied with Star Fox for my favorite 64 game), got Super Paper Mario 2007 (didn't like it quite as much, but it was still pretty neat), then waited a long 5 years for Sticker Star.

Its script wasn't as good as previous games, but I didn't like how segmented the worlds were in comparison to the previous games (which is also a HUGE gripe I have with Dark Moon), I missed having an interactive hubworld that connected everything, it was short, it had no memorable characters, I despised the battle system because I'm a pack rat and when I used a sticker I felt like I was using a precious resource, the lack of leveling made fighting small enemies pointless and a waste of my time and of my stickers, the lack of traditional leveling made the game lose a sense of progression, there was absolutely no emotion put into the game whatsoever (and consequently, I had no emotions while playing it), and there was a significant amount of unjustified backtracking.

Maybe 5 years of hyping for a new Paper Mario made me only see the negatives in the end product, but I didn't like it nearly as well as its predecessors. I suppose its an alright game in the sense that Chibi-Robo Park Patrol was a good game; they are decent-ish, but their series had far superior games in prior years.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
I guess it might have been an alright game, but I'd grown up with Paper Mario, got TTYD in 2004 (one of my favorite games of all time), got Paper Mario in 2006 (tied with Star Fox for my favorite 64 game), got Super Paper Mario 2007 (didn't like it quite as much, but it was still pretty neat), then waited a long 5 years for Sticker Star.

Its script wasn't as good as previous games, but I didn't like how segmented the worlds were in comparison to the previous games (which is also a HUGE gripe I have with Dark Moon), I missed having an interactive hubworld that connected everything, it was short, it had no memorable characters, I despised the battle system because I'm a pack rat and when I used a sticker I felt like I was using a precious resource, the lack of leveling made fighting small enemies pointless and a waste of my time and of my stickers, the lack of traditional leveling made the game lose a sense of progression, there was absolutely no emotion put into the game whatsoever (and consequently, I had no emotions while playing it), and there was a significant amount of unjustified backtracking.

Maybe 5 years of hyping for a new Paper Mario made me only see the negatives in the end product, but I didn't like it nearly as well as its predecessors. I suppose its an alright game in the sense that Chibi-Robo Park Patrol was a good game; they are decent-ish, but their series had far superior games in prior years.
PMSS was for what it was, an alright game. It being the worst of the 4? Eh probably. My favorite is the First one. But I went in already thinking "This is Nintendo I'm dealing with. this probably won't be what I'm expecting".

And it wasn't. It was something completely different but they didn't bomb with the formula.

I think people try to compare it to much to its previous installments which were great. In the reason why it scored where it did. Rarely does Nintendo make good sequels.

A good Sequel would be Link to the Past and a Link Between Worlds.

Both great games. LBTW being equally as good in my eyes.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
1.) Zelda is the worst game series I've ever played any of, and it bores me to no end. The first one was okay because I've invested too much time in The Binding of Isaac to dislike it, but otherwise the series is entirely disposable trash which fails to hold my attention.
2.) I'm a PC gamer, but the only consoles I would ever invest in would be Nintendo ones. There's no way that I could ever see myself playing on an overpriced, underspecced XBONE or PS4, but I'd spend all day on a WiiU.
3.) League of Legends is by far the worst MOBA of the 3 current main competitors (DOTA, HotS, LoL), not counting HoN. My issues with it have nothing to do with pacing or pricing, since my favorite MOBA right now is HotS, which is both faster and pricier than LoL.
4.) Portal is horrible and boring.
5.) Terraria is horrible and boring.
6.) Poképark was literally the best game I've ever played.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
2.) I'm a PC gamer, but the only consoles I would ever invest in would be Nintendo ones. There's no way that I could ever see myself playing on an overpriced, underspecced XBONE or PS4, but I'd spend all day on a WiiU.
I've noticed this sentiment seems to happen a lot amongst PC gamers, so as PC gamer myself, I think it'd be safe to say that wanting every console is an unpopular opinion. I've never seen the PS4 or XBONE as simply under-specced PCs. To add to that, while I play my Wii U more (Smash is one of my favorite games), I prefer the PS4 over it. Come to think of it, I've also preferred the PS2 over the Gamecube and PS3 over the Wii; I even preferred PSP over DS, I've also really wanted the PSVita to beat out the 3DS.

Maybe I'm just a Sony fanatic, but, aside from Smash and a few games here and there, I've always enjoyed the experience of Playstation better.

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I never got the story of metal gear solid 2 its not very clear story line also I love playing with snake but the fact that you play as raiden the whole game kills the fun. And being in big shell is not fun at all kinda stuck in middle in ocean. But I loved metal gear solid twin snakes on gamecube perfect game in the whole series. But the thing when fighting the final boss with swords ruined it on metal gear solid 2. Wanted to fight metal gear as the final boss.

Also I dont buy new consoles like ps4 I used to buy new consoles for the graphics.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Pikmin is like, my JAM. By far my favorite Nintendo series, surpassing the giants that are Zelda and Pokémon. And I love those very much, but I honestly have never had more fun playing a 1 player game than I had with Pikmin 2.

finalark

SNORLAX
"2.0" games are bad for a series. Really, really bad. Releasing a supposed "sequel" to a game and making it little more than the original game but with some tweaks and a few new features is not evolving or pushing the series forward in any sort of meaningful way. You want franchise fatigue? Because that's how you get franchise fatigue.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
"2.0" games are bad for a series. Really, really bad. Releasing a supposed "sequel" to a game and making it little more than the original game but with some tweaks and a few new features is not evolving or pushing the series forward in any sort of meaningful way. You want franchise fatigue? Because that's how you get franchise fatigue.
Would series like Street Fighter (i.e SFIV, SSFIV, SSFIVAE, etc.) and other fighting games fall under this? Or do you mean more like, say, Call of Duty? The former I don't really see much of a problem myself, it's annoying, but I feel it's "justified" in some strange way. If the latter, I agree.

But the thing when fighting the final boss with swords ruined it on metal gear solid 2. Wanted to fight metal gear as the final boss.
Why fight one Metal Gear when you can fight like, 20 of them?

This is why MGS2 is the greatest video game of all time.

finalark

SNORLAX
Would series like Street Fighter (i.e SFIV, SSFIV, SSFIVAE, etc.) and other fighting games fall under this? Or do you mean more like, say, Call of Duty? The former I don't really see much of a problem myself, it's annoying, but I feel it's "justified" in some strange way. If the latter, I agree.
If a game is claiming to be the next major installment in a franchise but is little more than a glorified expansion pack then you have problems.

And that's the difference between SF and CoD. When SF releases a new game it's not meant to be anything more than an updated version of a preexisting game. When CoD does it, they treat it like it's the next be step in the series.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think that the main additions to SF (1, 2, Alpha, 3rd Strike, 4, and 5) have enough different between the games, but most of the updated re-releases with slightly updated stuff (SF2 has 7 different versions, not including ports) are unjustified. The only exception I would give is if that new addition added a decent number of new characters to the roster. The multiple additions per game might have been needed for balancing reasons 10-25 years ago, but Capcom is still using this business practice in the era of patching. If they needed to balance the game or add a new character nowadays, they could just patch the game or add DLC.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Why fight one Metal Gear when you can fight like, 20 of them?

This is why MGS2 is the greatest video game of all time.
Yeah I know you fight 3 metal gears but I dont like that sword fighting scene with the final boss. I guess they wanna to make it samurai style or something.

Last edited:

Soup's On!

Smash Cadet
I would be pretty interested in Smash tournaments with unorthodox rulesets. Items enabled, even a curated list with only some items allowed. Custom movesets and even equipment with possibly bizzare ways of handling those. You know the Slots mode in Mario Golf where you're randomly given a couple different clubs? I see something like that being possible and that sounds like good wacky fun. No, they wouldn't be seriously competitive, but...

The first Mega Man X game was great for its time, but over the years I think it's become just "okay". I preferred 2 a lot more, and think Mega Man 7 is the best out of the SNES Mega Mans. Mega Men.

The Pokemon series has gotten more formulaic than the Zelda series. Despite all the tweaks, bells, whistles, and new Pokemon, it's not much different than how it was in RBY and desperately needs some real innovation.

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
Here I go.
1. Saying Earthbound is underrated is overrated.
2. Mario games were and are never fun. I admit I get more pleasure from spin-offs such as Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart.
3. Tales of Symphonia is probably the best game on the Cube.
4. Final Fantasy X is better than Final Fantasy VII.
5. All Kirby games suck.
6. Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game.
7. Brawl gets too much hate.
8. Melee gets too much love.
9. Why is Dark Pit even in Smash?
10. Why is Rosalina even in Smash?
11. I hate Ryu
12. Too many third party characters in Smash.

finalark

SNORLAX
Here I go.
1. Saying Earthbound is underrated is overrated.
This is entirely how I feel about people saying Majora's Mask is underrated.

9. Why is Dark Pit even in Smash?
10. Why is Rosalina even in Smash?
I don't think you'd be hard pressed to find people who aren't happy with Dark Pit's inclusion. And space waifu Rosalina is in Smash because lots of people seems to really like her and someone with power at Nintendo probably does to. Personally, I'm pretty sick of seeing her everywhere.

On that note:

The way Rosalina moves and acts in Smash plunges her right into the uncanny valley for me. The longer I look at her animations the more uncomfortable it makes me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The way Rosalina moves and acts in Smash plunges her right into the uncanny valley for me. The longer I look at her animations the more uncomfortable it makes me.
I don't entirely agree with this but bravo for correctly using the term "uncanny valley". I see it used incorrectly all the time.
Although apparently those with forms of autism aren't affected by the uncanny valley effect, so that may explain it.

DEDEDEDEDEDE

Banned via Warnings
NNID
MNH003
3DS FC
5300-9013-9670
7) Sonic went downhill since the Adventure series. Made the series all angsty and too story heavy.
Not really an unpopular opinion in my book.
Anyway I thought of a couple more...
1. I really don't see what all the fuss is with Shadow of the Colussus. I mean it's a good game but does it really deserve the gigantic critical acclaim it it is receiving?
2. Final Fantasy is a lot more fun than Zelda games.
3. People saying the 3ds is doomed, has a weak library etc. Not Doomed. Absolutely awesome games on it and coming up.
4. All hack n' slash/ gore/ shoot em' up games are pointless, repetitive and have far far tooo much popularity.
5. Sonic was never good.
6. More characters that should not be in Smash: Lucas, Robin, Little Mac, Ryu, Mega Man, R.O.B.
All I can think of for now

finalark

SNORLAX
6. More characters that should not be in Smash: Lucas, Robin, Little Mac, Ryu, Mega Man, R.O.B.
I understand not wanting clone characters and third party characters, but why not Robin? He's one of the more unique characters in the game and he's a mage, making him pretty different from the other FE reps.

IMO if any FE character should have been dropped it would probably be Lucina assuming that Roy was planned from the beginning.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I personally hate Mario galaxy. I got to the part where you go to the last boss or the 'center of the universe' to fight bowser and never went to complete the game because I didn't think it was worth my time really. The game is beautiful and vibrant. Super imaginative. But i just couldn't get over how slow and floaty Mario was and Easy and limited things like levels and bosses felt...I've tried playing the game twice by now. Last time being last summer. I just can't hang...

I have Mario Galaxy 2 and i never played it. Its just sitting there. However i turned it on ONCE and played my Brothers completed file only to view those creep "HellValleySkyTree" figures. O_O""

------

Also, I never hear anyone complain about this... Why can't i use the Wiiu gamepad screen to navigate the menus in Smash Bros? Like what the ****? Mario Kart8 did it. Why not smash? *shrug*

finalark

SNORLAX
I personally hate Mario galaxy. I got to the part where you go to the last boss or the 'center of the universe' to fight bowser and never went to complete the game because I didn't think it was worth my time really. The game is beautiful and vibrant. Super imaginative. But i just couldn't get over how slow and floaty Mario was and Easy and limited things like levels and bosses felt...I've tried playing the game twice by now. Last time being last summer. I just can't hang...

I have Mario Galaxy 2 and i never played it. Its just sitting there. However i turned it on ONCE and played my Brothers completed file only to view those creep "HellValleySkyTree" figures. O_O""
I think the phrase you're looking for is "can't get into."

Like, I can't into Mario Galaxy 2 because I think it's really rehashy.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I think the phrase you're looking for is "can't get into."

Like, I can't into Mario Galaxy 2 because I think it's really rehashy.
Well i mean if I can't get into a game ( from a franchise that ive owned every game of) due to lack of challenge or lack of controls, That means one must 'not like it'? Or uh hate it xD But yeah thats another word of how i feel about it all.

Mario Sunshine controls much better and is far more fun and challenging than Mario Galaxy. I forgot to add that.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Well i mean if I can't get into a game ( from a franchise that ive owned every game of) due to lack of challenge or lack of controls, That means one must 'not like it'? Or uh hate it xD But yeah thats another word of how i feel.

Mario Sunshine controls much better and is far more fun and challenging than Mario Galaxy. I forgot to add that.
For me, saying that you hate a game means that the game in question fills you with bitter anger. Hate's a strong word, and there's a big difference between hating something and not liking it.

But on topic, I feel like my love of Sunshine comes from nostalgia but it is a game I've revisited a million times before. I remember really liking Mario Galaxy but I've only ever done one play through of it, mostly because I don't own a copy of the game and I don't really feel all that compelled to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom