• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your Mafia/Adventure/Decisive Game Traditions?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Musicians/bands that you should listen to while doing rereads:
OSTs for generally most video games/movies
Clint Mansell
Yann Tiersen
65daysofstatic
Ratatat

A general rule of thumb is to avoid things with lyrics. Anything with lyrics is going to distract you from what you're reading because your brain is focusing on trying to listen to what the singer is saying while you're concentrating on what you're reading and, unless you're like me and can completely zone out from listening to the words and register the singer's vocals as straight pitches, that probably won't work for you. :v

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Musicians/bands that you should listen to while doing rereads:
OSTs for generally most video games/movies
Clint Mansell
Yann Tiersen
65daysofstatic
Ratatat

A general rule of thumb is to avoid things with lyrics. Anything with lyrics is going to distract you from what you're reading because your brain is focusing on trying to listen to what the singer is saying while you're concentrating on what you're reading and, unless you're like me and can completely zone out from listening to the words and register the singer's vocals as straight pitches, that probably won't work for you. :v
Or it's in Japanese and you don't know what they're saying anyway and therefore can avoid focusing on it.

Asid Wash

Asdioh|Washed Laundry

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Generally if it's nice enough and I'm sitting down for a big re-read/readthrough in general to try to figure things out, I'll bring mah laptop outside on the porch and set up my hookah.
I keep reading it as 'hooker'. LOL

*ahem*

Whenever I play Mafia, whether I'm doing a re-read or posting, I would be playing some video game music (specifically Nintendo or Capcom). It helps me keep focused and hype me up a bit.

I don't like doing gifs or any pictures when I play, especially if I win. I dislike 'tea-bagging' the player(s). LOL

Whenever I play An adventure game, I don't do anything traditional unless you count maximizing the GM's game time (as in, playing as long as he plays) in the game. Whenever I'm not on the computer and relaxing, I always think of what my character can and can't do. His weakness, his limits, where the strength of his attacks can be pushed to good use, loop holes in certain situations within the game, anything that comes to mind. The main thing that comes to mind (and this is when I'm eating most likely) is how to attack within the game. How to make those moves as effective as possible. I always think when I'm not playing AG.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I know right? I was looking for something more subdued from the soundtrack and listened to this. My first reaction was, "Yup. That's the one."

July

Smash Apprentice
I guess the one thing I can think of that I consistently do do while playing mafia is exhibit a bad case of ADD. A lot of the time mid post I just get up, walk around, and think about other things, usually mafia related but not always.
I'm exactly the same way, I cannot just focus on mafia. I always have facebook open as well, sometimes aim, either adult swim or baseball on tv, and frequently music. I have a lot of trouble listening to music without lyrics, maybe Daft Punk if I really need to focus but other than that it's always Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Green Day, or Kanye.

I also frequently leave in the middle of making a post, especially at college when there is cookie night and such <3 Because free food is more important than finishing a post in a timely manner, always.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hahahaha July <3! Sooo true haha!

For SOME reason, not even on purpose, I post and do most mafia related things in complete silence. If I'm listening to music for some reason, its usually somehow K-pop (I very rarely listen to K-pop) and its only playing for like 3-5 minutes and then theres another 10 minutes of silence ._.! I might try pulling out the styx on youtube repeat and see if that makes posting any better, but silence seems to really work for me lol.

On a different topic, my posts are usually less attack/insult based and more happy when I'm listening to music. No idea how that works. I should probably listen to music while I post more often haha.

:172:

Top Bottom