• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your hobbies?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I play a lot of video games haha, but also love music and my iPod currently just **** the bed so I am redownloading a lot of things. I guess you could say I like a lot of DIY stuff. I am trying to get my walls spackled soon because they look like crap, but then I am going to do this thing with two kinds of paint and glaze called dragging and I think it will look great!! I also like to make Perler Bead stuff sometimes, and am currently working on stuff for a game, but haven't learned any programming yet.

Also, I am going to do this faux wallpaper thing with paint swatches because it is beautiful

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I play a lot of video games. Like, it feels unnatural if I don't go a day without starting one up. I tend to focus on a good 2-3 games at a time, some of which i like more than others. Smash Bros. has always been a favorite of mine and the only game I occasionally go out to play socially. I would say the main take from Smashboards is due to the speculation and imagining of things in SSB4. But I realize that this phase is really close to wilting and there will be competitive analysis, learning, and fanworks to come from release on.

Other than that, I have artistic pursuits to foster. I spend more time thinking and imagining writing than actually... writing. I used to have the ethic to belt out a couple chapters within a week's time. But somehow I lost confidence and practice. I have a lot of strong ideas I would love to get out, so just reimbursing myself with story mechanics and belief to move on should have me break that pattern soon (hopefully).

I guess you could say that drawing takes up where writing left. I write remarkably well thanks to the years of practice. Same could be said for drawing as I learn it slowly. The Miiverse (perhaps the second community next to Smashboards i commit to) art community really inspired me to get into drawing and now I join their ranks as an artist. It's given me something I couldn't get to motivate me when writing; an audience.

Other than those, other hobbies I do are reading, browsing the net, and watching anime. I have coding, 3D modeling, and learning interactive fiction languages set in my near future.

Phyanketto

Smash Cadet
I play other games (mostly Starcraft: Broodwar), and play in various bands. Usually a good time, but my hands are always super strained.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
I film/edit videos for clients as a side job and a hobby. Occasionally write scripts for film projects with friends. Just a metric butt-ton of video work.

Also videogameslol

kupo15

Smash Hero
For a while it was melee when I was still in college. I still love melee but now that I am out its harder to find time for it. I feel like I spend more of my time designing and making video games more than playing it and I am currently developing a serious Fighting game currently inspired by my passion of Melee that I plan to put on kickstarter.

Other than that I just got into goalie in ice hockey which is a blast :D

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I'm really into music. I play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard. I like making a lot of really weird stuff. Ween is a huge inspiration of mine, but I listen to a wide variety of artists ranging from The Beatles to Biggie. I'm also into filmmaking. I haven't made anything that great yet, but I've been writing for a while now. Other than that and the obvious gaming, I'm really into partying. I love going out and having a great time with good friends and good drinks. I just like having fun and doing crazy things.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I really appreciate the responses :)
Here are some pictures that I took pretty recently. I personally love the beach wave picture the most.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, I think we all know my main instrument! However, I currently only play in a community orchestra, so it is a 'hobby' at this point. I have also began to take up tenor saxophone and oboe as well, which is just completely insane, I know... But what can I say? Before I even started the bassoon, these were my top three favorite instruments, and I always wanted to be able to play all three anyway.

Otherwise you can say that one thing I do a lot is watch cartoons/anime. I keep up with several (it adds something to look forward to each and every week, to help break the monotony of the awfully formulaic work week), while I also go back and marathon fully aired series at times. I hate it to say it, but I can't say I watch *anything* (TV show-wise) live action. I guess I'll never grow up, oh well. xD

Sadly, I've dropped out of a few other hobbies. I used to like taking photography, especially of my instruments, but lately I have run into a 'block' where I just feel that everything I take is the same, and meh... The last photos I really took and liked were the ones right after I got my oboe. I also really used to like making signature banners, but that, too, I feel like I have run into a block. Although I really like my most recent signatures, I just don't feel like making any others right now. It's been maybe a couple of years since I really made any, and that's a long block for me.

There is one hobby that I may be trying to pick back up, and that's drawing. But we'll see how that goes, a lot of the time it just makes me feel like a horrible failure at life.

TayzerStrike

Smash Rookie
During the school year I do FRC robotics, which is a ton of fun, and I actually learned about competitive smash through my friends in robotics. I also do MMA and play a lot of league. Lately I've been putting a lot of hours into MMA, and it has paid off incredibly. I'm getting so much better, I wish I had started training seriously earlier.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
Other than the obvious (gaming).

Making things in general is one. I write things, though I've been in sort of a creative hole on that front. I make plenty of videos, mostly YTP and other comedic types of videos and eventually game reviews and such. I've also recently been getting into drawing and I make lots of photoshop edits along with GIFs.

Watching wrestling, anime & sports can also be considered one of my hobbies, I'm also very much into comedy and actions shows, but I haven't been watching many as of recently.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
No tony steward or jeff Gordon.
I've always had a lot of respect for Jeff Gordon. He'd probably be the next person I'd put there as my favorite. 10 wins away from 100!!! :D

Tony Stewart I'm kind of mixed opinions on. I'll admit he is a great driver and pretty good sense of humor. But it was an incredibly dumb decision to hire Danica Patrick. She easily has equipment to be a top 10 - top 15 car. And she lugs it home 35th every single race. I hope she gets released once her contract is up.

Shady Cicada

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shady_Cicada
Well video games is one of them (I don't have much time these days). I guess my biggest hobby is music because I want to make a good career out of it. I compose all kinds of music like rock, orchestra, video game, electronic, etc. I'm also starting a band with the genre being catchy rock mixed with swing music, brass and everything included. Trying to do something new haha. I also play in 3 bands at the moment and I have a youtube channel where I do rock remixes of video game themes. I either want to be a successful musician in a band or a video game composer :) and then there's some other hobbies like hanging out with friends and cooking (this one's a new one and I get really lazy with it..)

BearCat

Smash Rookie
I've like tried a bunch of instruments, most of which ended pretty badly. Guitar for like 4 years, Violin for like 2, Sax for like 2 weeks, Flute for like 2 days, Piano -> Present lolol. Other hobbies include breathing, and general fangirling ~

Sensei

Smash Lord
I like traveling (if you don't, you have no soul), gaming girls, self-developing, dancing, and smashing. I used to play a few musical instruments in the past. I might get back into it.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
I love reading, and going out at night. Especially in big cities (For this Paris is my favourite place)
But the thing that eat the most of my time is my video game collection, I don't know if there's an english adjective that define something that takes a lot of time everyday but it would be perfect.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
I pretty much just enjoy Video games and anime, I do play and watch hockey but it's nothing compared to video games and anime :D

Dorizzle

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4227-2265-7992
I guess I don't have many hobbies which kinda bothers me but I play baseball, I love to read and I love to watch films, I also dance, and I've tried coding which is something I really want to get into but I just haven't way to continue.

Smitzerland

Smash Rookie
Bike-riding, playing baseball/basketball, gaming, watching the weather channel, eating, playing with my pets/hanging out with my friends, and Smash, of course! :)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
In a nutshell - Reading, Writing, Chess, Hiking, Physical activity, Video Games, Music [Both listening and playing]. Also rarely hang with my friends [too bad I've slowly grown to hate them lol]

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Reading, playing outside, studying, eating healthy snacks, visiting grandma, walking the dog, help the neighbors, cleaning my room, never talking back to mum and dad, sacrificing virgins to the devil, never watching television in the dark, keeping the house clean, looking after the baby brother, brushing my teeth, always keeping my finger nails in check and going to bed at appropriate hours.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I used to draw a lot, but I put a stop to that for reasons. When I'm not working, playing games, or doing life things I spend my time thinking. Usually about nothing important. Sometimes ideas for stories that'll never get written down. Occasionally I'll pick up a book, but my collection is pretty small. The rest of my time I spend seeing what the people around me wanna do.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I've started collecting old 1:64 scale NASCAR Diecasts from about the late 90s to early 2000s a while ago. Something that I've always enjoyed doing.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I practice the bass in my avatar and I guess the gym 5 days a week if that counts. Sometimes I'll hit the beach with my skimboard or hang out with my 3DS at coffee shops. I've been doing the coffee thing big time lately especially since I've been 42 days without beer. Which is a huge deal for me.

Hitstun

Smash Cadet
I practice the bass in my avatar and I guess the gym 5 days a week if that counts. Sometimes I'll hit the beach with my skimboard or hang out with my 3DS at coffee shops. I've been doing the coffee thing big time lately especially since I've been 42 days without beer. Which is a huge deal for me.
You go, man!

Quail93

Smash Rookie
I have more interests than hobbies; I guess I just lack the focus and motivation to experience my life in the way I want to. I really enjoy film, cooking, listening to music, record collecting, human nature (people watching), day dreaming, art (surrealism and portraits of groups interest me the most), birds (and bird watching), Philosophy, reading, writing, and anime (i'm also really into mechs).

I recently graduated from culinary school, originally with the intent of going into the restaurant business but I discovered my knack for screenwriting and creating other lives in my head so I'm currently in the process of a few screenplays. I probably will open a small asian themed bbq place as a side job. My biggest dream is to write a science fiction film noir and ultimately see it on the big screen.

I also find baseball to be oddly engaging, I definitely don't have the build to play but watching the sport is fascinating enough.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Recently I've stopped playing video games/League as much and just started heading to the gym instead. It's probably been the best decision of my life, considering my physical appearance has improved drastically since I started.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Video games, reading, mountain climbing, gardening, and travelling. I know it´s not a hobby, it´s actually my job. But I really love my job, I´m a physicist.

About travelling, I´m going with my son, and husband to Japan, next month!!! :)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides playing video games, I like to workout, listen to rap music and watch TV.

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
I collect video games, manga, and anime, and of course because I collect them I also love them as well.

I also enjoy cycling and have taken an interest over the past couple years in computer hardware and programming.

I am also into cars, but not as much as I used to be.

Top Bottom