• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are your hobbies?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
What are your hobbies?

For Example: What sports do you play? Do you play any musical instruments? & etc.

For me, I've played many sports and have had many hobbies.

Tennis for about 5 years, Golf for 6 months, Track & Field Sprints for 6 months, Drum lessons for about 2 years, Distance Track/Cross Country for about a year (still doing that to this day), and Photography for about 3 years (also still doing that to this day)

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Hobbies? I'm uncoordinated, so I haven't participated in sports that much besides when my parents forced me to. That being said, I love to play video games (of course), write when I can get my *** to so, take walks, listen to rock and orchestra music (I blame Zelda), and read. I'm boring tbh. lol

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
writing fanfiction, kicking/punching a punching bag and write some jokes

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Video games lol.

Use to be into Yugioh, but with satellite internet I have pretty much stopped because getting on Duelingnetwork is now unreliable and IRL is expensive lol.

I do like to read though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I used to play football, baseball basketball, soccer and tennis. I used to play drums, clarinet, flute, sax, trumbone.

Now I just spit.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I play the drums from time to time. I play tennis at the park with random people for fun. I'm currently writing my first fanfiction, hoping to make that a new thing, too.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Video games, anime/manga, watching documentaries (Through the Wormhole, Futurescape, Ancient Aliens, and so on), and mediocre graphic design.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I play the guitar and stakeboard and surf the web and go to parties because that's fun dude ;D

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I wished I could go to parties. ;_; They sound really fun. But I'm like super self concious that it just freaks me out if I feel like I'm being too boring or if I'm embarrassing myself.

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
My hobbies include playing Video Games, watching anime, writing a lot of fanfiction (But lately my beta reader and I agreed I suck so it's now changed to studying a lot of fanfiction), swim, among others. I do like to dabble in a lot of things, such as singing, composing, sprite animation, guitar, etc, which to my sad belief I realized I sucked greatly at. I also play some instruments, mainly the Bass Clarinet and the Alto Saxophone.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I forgot to mention I also like to shoot things with a crossbow.

Nothing alive mind.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I forgot to mention that I swim and ride my bike on a regular basis as a workout for Cross Country/Distance Track.

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
I mean guys really why do you even state this?
I dunno, for me, it's mainly because I need to fill up my "hobbies list", but I've seen people play competitive video games just for the money or the sake of winning.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I dunno, for me, it's mainly because I need to fill up my "hobbies list", but I've seen people play competitive video games just for the money or the sake of winning.
It's okay not to have a million hobbies, we only really have one or two serious pursuits outside of work in our lives.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
It's okay not to have a million hobbies, we only really have one or two serious pursuits outside of work in our lives.
Some of us just have a wider array of personal interests.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My favorite hobby is thinking about writing but never actually doing it. It's the one I do the most at least. I even entertain the idea of having written more often than performing the actual act of writing, that's been the case since middle school when I'd write anything and everything. I'm speaking fictional with all of this, entirely within the fantasy genre to various degrees.

In rare moods I like to pick up and read philosophy, if I was a more social and responsible individual I'd certainly be in college right now to become a professor of ethics I'm sure.

I occasionally watch anime and I like to collect manga, the latter which I prefer because it's commonly the resource material and easier to access, not to mention it's more solitary than anime and that is my natural state.

Anything Nintendo I play and every few years I try an MMORPG or two, none ever stick for long. Rarely do I venture from those into other games honestly, at this point. When I was younger I tapped into all sorts of games, though I suppose that is only typical.

If I had more money I'd get back into Magic the Gathering and if I had more friends I'd get back into Dungeons and Dragons for both have created many great memories for me in the past with little to no effort.

To relax, if such activities could be considered hobbies, I like to listen to ASMR and anime/game soundtracks.

I suppose that's about it. Not very interesting but it is what it is.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
My favorite hobby is thinking about writing but never actually doing it. It's the one I do the most at least. I even entertain the idea of having written more often than performing the actual act of writing, that's been the case since middle school when I'd write anything and everything. I'm speaking fictional with all of this, entirely within the fantasy genre to various degrees.
You sound exactly like me. I pretty much do the exact same thing. xD

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is exactly why I play Hearthstone.
I play that as well but it's not nearly as entertaining to me, especially since it has just come out. And although you can get everything free, unless you're hardcore it takes a long time to get new cards. ;-; Of course, that's the incentive right there they want you to have so you'll spend money, but just like you, I'm only participating because it doesn't swallow up money like a bottomless pit like MTG.

Last edited:

DiggersBoy

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, I just really like it because it's a casual game that I can really get into because of the fact that 1) I don't have to go to the store to buy cards and 2) I don't have to buy any cards.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
i like playing the trumpet, playing smash, other video games, i used to play soccer, used to play baseball, i like tinkering with code and stuff, and i would play football but have had no opportunities.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Most of the other games I play are Mario, Zelda, Pokemon (gen. 1-4 & 6), Tecmo Super Bowl, and many more games.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Drawing i guess is my hobby (id consider it more of my job description...but i still draw for fun outside working)...watching pro sports (MLB, NHL are my top favorites), snowboarding, cooking, swimming

i want to get back into doing 3d now that its not homework. i enjoyed it...it was just a pain in the ass to do 3d assignments for school. prop modeling was always fun.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I've always have been a huge sports fan.
Favorite Teams/Drivers

NHL - San Jose Sharks
NFL - San Francisco 49ers
MLB - Oakland A's
NBA - Golden State Warriors
NASCAR - Dale Earnhardt Jr, Kevin Harvick, Kyle Larson, Ken Schrader, & Elliott Sadler

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mad respect for the sharks
f the kings. sorry my rangers couldnt avenge you guys :c
and i have a lot of respect for the A's too. Indians are constantly trying to emulate the 90's A's in the front office.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I'm a big baseball fan, especially the Blue Jays. I also write, act, draw, play music, and obviously game.

EDIT: Also mad props to the Sharks fan. Definitely one of the NHL teams I respect the most. My personal teams are probably the Canucks and Flyers.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I write science fiction novels, although I guess that's more a hopeful career than a hobby. I'm not published yet, though.
  • I'm trying to learn to play the Sweet Potato Ocarina. I'm not as interested in The Legend of Zelda as I used to be, but it's still a beautiful instrument.
  • I tried my hand at plush making for a while, but I just couldn't figure it out.

geo1088

Smash Rookie
I code stuff, and even used to have an app on iOS. However it was free and had no ads, so I wasn't making any money off it, plus there was a random bug where it crashed every once in a while that I could never figure out. It's gone now... Might rework it later, tho.

I alsu used to play the flute and I take tennis lessons and rock climb.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
Baseball and football, helping the unfortunate, elderly, disabled, etc (though everyone is unfortunate when they play my Young Link lol), being around animals, writing, reading, studying and experiencing US wars from the Civil War to Vietnam, and...
Smash.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Digital painting, cooking, and watching animated series/movies that are either really good or really bad. I recently got back into guitar. That seems to be going pretty well so far. Also my friends and I are making a game that I am the creator/visual artist of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom