• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you buying to prepare/tide you over until Brawl?

I

i8waffles612

-The game
-Im gettin 2 gamecube Platinum contollers
-Maybe an SD card?

Agent 47

Smash Apprentice
i got a 2 gig sd card a week ago and i'm thinkin of replacin one of my controllers since it acts up sometimes.

kimchii xD

Smash Cadet
an SD card and a better GC controller, or the classic controller.
oh and the usb wifi thing

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Probably a GC wired controller, if it is true you are not allowed to use wireless wavebird controllers in tournies. :| Most of my local tournies don't care, but I could imagine the larger one's getting a flip. (like I would try to cheat anyways, how low would that be? If someone wins, someone wins. There must be a loser in order to have a winner. :|)

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Stuff for my friend so he'll be more willing to let me go over to his place as he will undoubtedly get brawl.

Blue X

Smash Cadet
I'll probably need to buy two more Wii remotes and nunchuks as well as make sure all of my GC controllers are in good shape.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Why is everyone play with GCN controllers still? I am buying a new wiimote and nunchuck, and I will master the wii way of playing.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Because most of us fear the new ways of play won't be any good, except for the Classic Controller for some, I mean, some people have been playing this game for 7 years, it would be awkward to change your playing style from a solid pad, to a TV-remote-like thing attached by a string to a handle.

Not to mention, a GC controller is alot more comfortable holding for a long while than the smaller new controllers IMO

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
-Comcast wireless internet

-a 6ft gcn cable extender (wavebirds are not always tourney legal for some reason, plus i don't wanna have to buy any more batteries then i am already.)
I was planning on getting a wavebird so that my wii wont fall:ohwell:. But I didn't know about cord extensions. That could be good.
1. A wavebird or a new gamecube controller.
2. An extension wire for the controller.
3. Memory cards for the wii.

I dont like the wavebird in the original first post, because the a b x y buttons are different than a regular gc.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I'm just going to use the same things when I buy brawl. Same GC controllers, already have tons of SD Cards. Maybe another WiiMote and Nunchuck to play with when I'm bored.

migitman88

Smash Rookie
didnt they discontinue gamecube controllers?

anyway,

1.thrusmaster
2.wireless nunchuck
3.wii points to tide me over
4. tenniss ball to keep puppy busy

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I probably wouldn't get a 3rd party controller, they generally break down easy. Try looking for a wavebird online or something, because I had a third party wireless controller, and it absolutely sucked. Anyway, I'm going to need to get a Wii (they've been pretty hard to find, and I can't really get one until after finals), and probably a 2 gb SD card. I might get a wireless sensor bar too, but I don't think I really need one .

Tobi-

Smash Ace
capris sun drinks
random snack( lunchable pizza)

Wireless Gamecube Controller
Big Tv
Lights off.

start. not gonna do anything complex.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Considering I live in England, I'm think... I'm buying a Japanese Wii.

And the game. Pre-ordered from play-asia.com. And I'll be playing it before most Americans.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Also, an energy drink we get in cheap shops in the UK called Red Rooster. It comes in a litre bottle (that's 4 Red Bull cans), has the same caffine content, and costs LESS that ONE CAN of Red Bull. Then I'll be set.

matthewdw94*

Smash Apprentice
wow, I actully created a popular thread 0_o lalso, im amussuming a few peeps asked to where to get that thrustmaster dingy, it just came out yesterday so maybe w8 a day and get it online, but im geussing that stores prob wont get it for a week or two.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
the game, and i woulda got the thing for a wired internet connection, buy my old router broke so i had to get a new one anyways, so i got one that does wifi aswell

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i bought a wii, controllers (wii and new GC), a 50 foot long ethernet cabel (brick house=unusable wifi) a 32inch tv, and my own private pacific island (couch included).

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
-1 SD card. Not sure how much. maybe a 1GB.
-1 or 2 new gamecube controllers (have a wavebird, but for other people)
I was thinking there would be more, but I guess that's it. Wish I could buy some time.

Smash Ace
nothing. real men are always prepared.
=2007=
EDIT: well, food I guess...

TheBeast

Smash Rookie
my brother moved out last week so it was a good excuse for me to buy a WII since he took his Xbox 360 with him and he took his TV so i bought a new 32' Panasonic HDTV LCD TV to go with my wii. now its all mine. February will be a great month.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
A Classic Controller, and some beers for the inevitable Brawl marathon with my friends.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Considering I live in England, I'm think... I'm buying a Japanese Wii.

And the game. Pre-ordered from play-asia.com. And I'll be playing it before most Americans.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Ours will be in English.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
-If I can find a Wavebird or two for a decent price, I'll pick those up.

-A copy of Melee to tide me over. (I had to sell my gamecube years ago :( Just got the Wii.)

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully a HD tv for christmas and I know I'm going to pick up a new gamecube controller before it comes out.

Wii Pwn The Night

Smash Rookie
Those of you who want to buy wavebird controllers should know that they sell online for $50-$80 these days since nintendo has stopped production on them.

Top Bottom