• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you buying to prepare/tide you over until Brawl?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i want that controller you showed. where can i get one??? also i need to buy the game and get my 1 gig SD card unstuck lol

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
-At least one more gamecube controller (for one on ones and co-op)
-DSL
-WiFi USB adaptor for online
-keeping my 512k sd card for stage creator, wiping out every photo on it for room
-lots...and LOTS of 5 hour shots for all night brawl fests
-Air spray for I got a feeling I won't be showering for awhile lol jkjk:chuckle:
-Oh, and alot of food

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
For those who want to know more about the thrustmaster here is a review by IGN who gave it a 9.0: http://gear.ign.com/articles/838/838868p1.html

What I'm going to get for Brawl:
1. Wavebird/Gamecube controllers (some of my older one's c-sticks don't work.)
2. Classic Controller or thrustmaster
3. Fridge full of monster and mountain dew
4. Weed
5. Beer
6. Ho's

Cinatas

Smash Cadet
NNID
cinatas
A new gc controller all of mine have the pads ripped off and the joystick wobbles

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure I can find some used some where, if not I'll have to order off teh interwebz. How much does ninty sell 'em for?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The Wifi USB Connector didn't work at all for me, so I'm going to try the Lan adapter. Is it any good?

I'm also thinking of buying a Wavebird for when I get lazy, but I'm more focused on the Lan Adapter.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
- brawl
- new 42" lcd (need a new tv anyway so don't think i'm just getting it for brawl
- bigger sd card
- make sure i don't run out of mountain dew game fuel in two months
- wii hdmi cables

- ^at pyroloserkid, i have the LAN adapter and it's great. i had the wifi usb connector and i agree the connection sucked. i haven't lost a connection once with the LAN adapter and it is at a very good price ( i got it on sale for 20). i'd get it if i were you.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Mario Strikers
Metriod Prime 3
Battalion Wars 2
Gamecube controller

The first 3 is because the next 2 months will go by slowly.

sarevok6

Smash Rookie
silly people saying that youll get food, we all know nobody will eat once this game is out =)

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Heres the game plan:

1. Super Chill, aka cheap ($1.16 for a 6 pack) soda with caffeine that tastes good

2. The Crew, aka ill get my friends over, theres 5 of us but i have a feeling that one will feel the need to beat all of singlepalyer by himself before playing multiplayer (aka totally lame)

3. The Game, my local gamestop is opening at 10:00 AM Feb 10th 2008 and begins selling brawl, this is assuming they aren't going to do a midnight release.

4. Fun (this heavaly relies on numbers 1 2 and 3, mainly 3)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im buying cases and cases of red bull, so that the night of release, Ill be up all night finishing SSE, and then pwning face online with Olimar and Diddy, and maybe Snake, hes growing on me.

Also Ive purchased a classic controller (two actually) and more red bull!! :cool:

blayde_axel

Smash Master
What I have already:

A 32 inch LCD
A Wii
Component Cable
2 gig Card
Classic Controller/Gamecube Controllers
Some Good Speakers

What I need:

Brawl, of course
Infinite amount of Green Tea
A Smash Friend

Yeah, that's about it. lol.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Right now I have 4 Wii-motes, 2 Nunchucks, and 4 broken (not smash worthy, over smashed) GC controllers.

I just need to wait and see if nunchuck+wiimote is a good option vs. GC controllers. Maybe even Sideways wiimote? Nah....

So buy 2 more nunchucks or extension cables + new GC controllers.

A brick wall so we can't smack each other w/ our 'shake' smash attacks.

A oxygen tank.

And a defibrillator.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I got 6 Gamecube controllets, 2 of them stopped working so I bought to more, now the two that were broken are working again...! T_T

happynoodleboy

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably borrow some of my fiance's adderall haha
I just want privacy and quiet so that I can maximize my geeking out and enjoy this to the fullest

and lots of caffeine.

I've already got a Wii, 4 GCN controllers, 27" LCD HDTV, 4 Wiimotes, 4 Nunchucks, 2 Classic Controllers, and a sweet sound system (SSBB+Bass=AWESOME perhaps?)

Can anyone recommend a good wireless GCN controller that ISN'T the wavebird? I'm bidding on some cable extensions, and that may be good enough, but I'd like some wireless controllers. Why not wavebirds? I have one, and it's too light and doesn't have rumble (which is probably why it's too light :p ) I'd like a good wireless GCN controller with rumble that feels almost identical to a Nintendo brand controller (no 3rd party slightly different designs...it'll throw my game off too much if the controller is shaped differently/buttons are different shapes or sizes/etc.)

Top Bottom