• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are you buying to prepare/tide you over until Brawl?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Lotsa GC controllers, check. Playing environment, check. New HDTV, should be coming this XMAS...

I'm nearly done, only thing left is a sound system. Dunno if I'll ever get round to that though.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I bought new gamecube controler, cuz I let my neighbors borrow them and they destroyed them... Im buying a new TV in January, a 32-40", and requesting off work for a week starting the 10th, and MIGHT, MIGHT skip a day of classes.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'd LIKE an HD TV, since I saw vids of HD Brawl...it was so gorgeous...

But all I need to tide me over for Brawl is a thermos of piping hot chocolate while I wait on line to get the midnight release :D

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Halo 3 did, GH3 did, an epic game like Smash HAS to have a midnight release...

Blackadder

Smash Master
You didn't get a Wii?

Wow, alot of people must have missed the launch. How ironic, i'm typing this via Wii right now.
-_-

I'm gonna try to get a new Tv.
Actually, I'm seriously getting a wii to prepare for Brawl. It's the only reason I'm after one. :laugh:

But I guess I'll sniff 'round and see what other games it has to offer.
Now I'm just spamming.
Sweet.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
its gonna b hard to get a wii now...^^
well i already reservd the game and bought a couple of gc controllers, but im still decidin on the classic controller

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
I have 4 GameCube controllers, and three Wiimotes and Nunchucks and one Classic Controller, so I'm good on controllers.
I am getting a memory card, for other purposes, but maybe I'll use it to save my stages and such.
Other than that, I don't require anything more for Brawl.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
its gonna b hard to get a wii now...^^
well i already reservd the game and bought a couple of gc controllers, but im still decidin on the classic controller
Can I trade the craptons of Wiis around here in Europe for an earlier Brawl release date? :ohwell:

secretcode

Smash Cadet
NNID
Secretcod
3DS FC
2337-3743-8226
I'm starting to wonder, are SD Cards actually necessary? I'm thinking about picking up one of Walmart's new 2-Pack of 1GB SD Cards for $20.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
The SDs will be useful for creating new stages methinks. As for what I want to buy:
-GCN controller

I have everything else... If only the game would come out...
I feel sorry for all the people with the European Release date...

DaGarbageMang

Smash Cadet
My roomate has the wii and is gettin the game and I already have my gc controller so all I need to get is a gram of meth so I can play non stop the whole first week of the games release

Chrono917

Smash Rookie
SmashBros is a couple months away, and with many accesories that could be used for the game, which ones will you be buying?

I'll be getting this, it's serves as a wavebird so it can also be used for vc games(along with gamecube games duh). The other thing I might get is a 2 gig memory card to replace my 1 gig. However I'll only do that if I run out of space. Yeah, thats what I'm gettin but what are YOU GETTIN 0_o
Wow that controller looks sweet....

I think I'm gonna get it 2! :chuckle:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
i bought a wii, controllers (wii and new GC), a 50 foot long ethernet cabel (brick house=unusable wifi) a 32inch tv, and my own private pacific island (couch included).

Hmm I live in a brick-ish house (about half of it made of bricks) I might need to grab a 50 ethernet cable to go upstairs and plug into the modem.

Ive also got the entire week off of school on Feb 10th, so that will be a fantastic week indeed.

Still just going to buy a ton of red bull as well.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Not the Gamestop I reserved at--I asked and they said they weren't, nor did they know of any store that was going to
At my Gamestop, they said they do midnight releases based on the number of pre-orders they get. They said they'd know if they'll do it about 2-3 weeks before release.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'm starting to play WoW again. I also have the Orange Box, so TF2 will keep me occupied.

Oh, and I still have plenty of other games to play: Geometry Wars, Mario Galaxy, Dragon Quest Monsters, and a whole lot more.

The wait won't be that bad, considering how many amazing games have just recently come out.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
Those are the knock-off brand... because if you notice, the "Nintendo Gamecube" thing isn't on the front.

But hey, if you still wanna get em...
well, does that mean its bad? or like what difference does it make?

......it's a white Gamecube controller. So?
i wanna get a new controller for brawl since im going to be wearing it down like crazy

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I have a wireless router now, but when I had the usb wi-fi adapter it worked jsut fine. i have 4 star connections every match in strikers, so i have no problem with wireless, i am getting a new tv for my poolhouse (converted a 3 car garage into a 2 car garage with an open wall to the pool, couch, fridge, tv, played smash and such there all summer) and i'm finally getting a fourth wii mote + nunchuk setup, i've already got 2 classics.
That sounds pretty cool.

If there are no noticable differences between the LAN and Wi Fi connecction (though traditionally, LAN is always better) I won't bother buying the connector and drilling additional holes in my wall.

Top Bottom