• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the reasons of playing brawl now?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=2094]What are the reasons of playing brawl now?[/drupal]

I've been playing a lot lately, talking with Good Ol' Tree and Player-4, and it ends up, they both don't really like. They're my best friends here, and it ends up they don't even like brawl. If I'm learning these CGs to impress them, should I even try now?

Seems sorta pointless. They were my inspiration, and Player-4 won't play singles and Tree quit on me because I was spamming.

And the talk about melee vs Brawl. It's made me think. But I'm not really sure of my thoughts yet.

All I do is annoy Tree and P4, they don't even care if I get my CGs down.

Thanks for reading. It's nice to express your feelings.

8/3/09

Smoom

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Brawl is only really fun if you can get into it.

A lot of people are quitting, Brawl players have began their steady decline since the first week. I still play because of two things. Ganon dittos, and Duelist Pro.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
You should learn to CG for personal advancement, not "impress" others.

That aside, the only reason I play Brawl as of late is to learn new characters. This week's character is Falco, and I'm having a blast with him. Just 23 more characters to go.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well, I don't think I explained it correctly. Since my best friends aren't interested, it's starting to make me uninterested.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, I don't think I explained it correctly. Since my best friends aren't interested, it's starting to make me uninterested.
*generic "If your best friends jumped off a cliff" comment here*

I still play a laughable low-budget MMO and Brawl, and my friends mock me for doing so. Do I still enjoy playing these games however? THAT is the question you should ask.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I have no life.
I like to beat on Nintendo characters.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Fun aside, read my second post; it actually had information pertaining to this thread.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
ah, using the unimposing Ganon to lure your prey in for the slaughter.
Oh no; I actually split-main both Jigglypuff and Ganon. Point being, I don't MAIN Ganon, so you shouldn't assume anything from a little picture under someone's name.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Start getting a lot of friends on Wifi. If you don't want to do that, take a break.
Frown is right. If it's mainly your friends not wanting to Brawl you that's discouraging you from playing, then it may benifit you to try some wifi. The Faux Finder is an exellent place to start since the official friend finder has been down forever now.

http://www.fsmash.org

Ive found most of the users there to be friendly, and almost all are competent players (to put it lightly). I think theres an original post somewhere with the details of the site here on SWF, but I don't remember where at the moment.

Otherwise you may just be burnt out for now. But if you're anything like me, you'll come roaring back to Brawl at some point after you've taken a breather.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Frown is right. If it's mainly your friends not wanting to Brawl you that's discouraging you from playing, then it may benifit you to try some wifi. The Faux Finder is an exellent place to start since the official friend finder has been down forever now.

http://www.fsmash.org

Ive found most of the users there to be friendly, and almost all are competent players (to put it lightly). I think theres an original post somewhere with the details of the site here on SWF, but I don't remember where at the moment.

Otherwise you may just be burnt out for now. But if you're anything like me, you'll come roaring back to Brawl at some point after you've taken a breather.
Well, I've been in the online community longer than the offline, haha. Probably since April 2008.

But yeah, I'll come back, I just need a break. This happens often...

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep. Happens to the best of us. I'll bet you ten bucks your other friends are experiencing the same thing, and in a month or two will start wanting to Brawl again themselves.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Did he say what game he's switching to instead?

if he says melee, just go play that and play brawl on the side with MK and do really well because you are a melee pro nao.

If he doesn't say melee, switch to Blazblue or somethin', I dunno.

It's more about how the fun of the game is increased if you have friends playing it with you. Not that you have a mob or peer pressure mentality. Things are just more fun if you have friends to do it with.

Hell, the only reason I still play brawl is for Ganon. well, that and everyone else around me is obsessed with it, so you sort of have to.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, do you like Brawl that much?
If they've moved on to Melee, go ahead and play with them.
I swear that when you'll even get a tad bit used to it, you'll love it.
I went back on Melee at the moment I've made my first extremely bad sucky wavedash.

It was epic an epic feeling.

They don't sound like they're very friendly with you, so why do you care about them?
Ahh... mysteries of mankind!

Top Bottom