• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some underrated non-high tier characters?

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
I've seen a few Chu videos where he wields the Ice Climbers. I'm a big fan of rogue or unconventional characters and I was wondering if there were any other characters who when wielded by a player with great skill really step out of their tier.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I think Pikachu may be a really underrated high tier char. The pikaspike is deadly and the upsmash is insane. He's got speed n stuff so I don't see why he's so low.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is very good IMO. I honestly don't know why he's so low.

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a few Chu videos where he wields the Ice Climbers. I'm a big fan of rogue or unconventional characters and I was wondering if there were any other characters who when wielded by a player with great skill really step out of their tier.
ICs are high tier. Link is sex, though.

quak

Smash Champion
i think what you talking about isn't underrated, but what low tier characters have a high ceiling.

the characters that can DJC all have higher ceilings that the other low tier characters IMO. There's yoshi, ness, peach but she's higher tier.... One more im forgettin'......

Mewtwo.

MEWTWO.

MEWTWO
Oh yeah, but he doesn't count since only dumb-***es play him

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
Underrated characters that are actually quite good:

Donkey Kong

Ice Climbers

Luigi

Pikachu (DEFINITELY!)

Bowser sucks, trust me, sorry...

Most of the other characters sit about right on the tier list, I think.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I see a wide range of choices here. I think the question we should pose is..."What characters have NO potential?"
I think boswer is no good. im pretty sure i heard gimpyfish say he was "no good" either.

Rage.

Smash Ace
I see a wide range of choices here. I think the question we should pose is..."What characters have NO potential?"
I think boswer is no good. im pretty sure i heard gimpyfish say he was "no good" either.
Yoshi in my opinion has Nothing going for him
same with Pichubut thats it

pdk

Smash Lord
ic's and puff are hardly underrated (puff probably but really now, her power's been shining through for some time now)

and the only really crippling flaw pika's got is light weight and getting chaingrabbed to hell and back (in short picture some freak hybrid of mewtwo and falcon inheriting the traits that make both short-lived, then escaping from frankenstein's lab and terrorizing a small french village)

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Ness, Link, and Yoshi.

I've seen a fair amount of pretty insane Yoshi and Link characters. Link has a good use of projectiles, I was never much of a Link player, and Yoshi is really fun to use, I don't main him, but I do like his fair, if used correctly, and you can pull off a few kills when an opponent thinks they can make a recovery. His egg use by the edge looks pretty good, but I haven't tried it myself. As for Ness, I don't know much about him, but I've seen him used and by pretty good people. Not very specific, but that's my thoughts.

Smash Master
Luigi's good if you know what you're doing. He is floaty, so he spends a lot of time in the air, and his aerials are on par with those of Sheik. His wavedash makes him disgustingly fast, and he is floaty, so he is difficult to combo. The only problem is that he dies vertically very quickly, which can be avoided with proper DI and aerial timing; his projectile sucks, but the wavedash and aerials, along with a moderately competent grab game make approaching an effective option; and his recovery is predictable (ignoring misfires), so be smart about your position on the stage.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch. He has sexy dtilt, and even sexier fsmash, and an orgasmic nair !
Plus....sausages !! Need I say more ?! He has crappy sheild, and hes light, but to help 'counter' this he also has a good recovery. His grabs are neat because your opponent does not know what direction he is being thrown until he has been thrown ! mindgames ftw :D

J-mar

Smash Rookie
I'd definately say Gannondorf. With the exception of his nair, his air moves are all pretty good. Especially the upair 'spike'.

Top Bottom