• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are some Aesthetic or Cosmetic changes would you like to see?

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I really hate most of the Melee SFX myself, especially with Falcon, Fox and Falco sounding the most boring. I hope they'll bring back brawl's SFX eventually otherwise I just ain't gonna bother using them much.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really hate most of the Melee SFX myself, especially with Falcon, Fox and Falco sounding the most boring. I hope they'll bring back brawl's SFX eventually otherwise I just ain't gonna bother using them much.
Err, you mean the other way around?

EDIT: Read your post in the other thread. Yeah, those sounds were never replaced and to be honest, all three of those characters made way too much noise before (the clanking SFX for Falcon were complained about a ton and Fox's Dair is really annoying). I would agree that maybe too much was done with Fox and Falco, but I highly doubt they're going to restore all of that.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'd love to see Samus's dodge roll changed to be more like Metroid: Other M's sensemove dodge mechanic. From what I've heard, it was originally animated like that, but changed during development. Since the PMBR can now import animations from Maya, maybe it'll look better?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
*throws in my two cents* More colors for Kirby :D And if it's not possible to give Kirby Roy's sword when you copy him, would it be possible to give him Marth's with fire?
Unfortunately, this is a limitation we have to work with, at least for now. That's why we had to be creative and use his Final Cutter sword for the Roy hat.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, this is a limitation we have to work with, at least for now. That's why we had to be creative and use his Final Cutter sword for the Roy hat.
I'm perfectly okay with the copy ability for Roy. I was just wondering if the Marth sword would be a viable alternative or not.

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
I'd like an option to turn the audio fade on or off while fighting. I like the feature and all, but it's annoying when I'm watching CPU's fight or just want to hear my custom music and suddenly the volume lowers. I know you can just hit a button to fix it, but I'm not using my system for tournaments anytime soon, so an on or off switch would be pretty cool.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'd like an option to turn the audio fade on or off while fighting. I like the feature and all, but it's annoying when I'm watching CPU's fight or just want to hear my custom music and suddenly the volume lowers. I know you can just hit a button to fix it, but I'm not using my system for tournaments anytime soon, so an on or off switch would be pretty cool.
or maybe just make the audio only fade when a human player is active

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'd love to see Samus's dodge roll changed to be more like Metroid: Other M's sensemove dodge mechanic. From what I've heard, it was originally animated like that, but changed during development. Since the PMBR can now import animations from Maya, maybe it'll look better?
I hope not, I really like how they look now. They remind me of the strafe-dashes in the Prime games. And, well... the less Other M references in any given game the better.

I wish they would change the "default" costumes for Mr. Game & Watch. His official colors are kind of awful and I don't really like putting in my own costumes most of the time. Plus I doubt that they can use the Alternate Costume Engine on G&W because of how his files are completely different from everyone else's. It would also be really neat if they could include more Project M custom music, in particular a new menu theme would be fantastic. And, of course, a new opening movie would be amazing - but I think it's confirmed that they are working on it.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Err, you mean the other way around?

EDIT: Read your post in the other thread. Yeah, those sounds were never replaced and to be honest, all three of those characters made way too much noise before (the clanking SFX for Falcon were complained about a ton and Fox's Dair is really annoying). I would agree that maybe too much was done with Fox and Falco, but I highly doubt they're going to restore all of that.
Think I meant to say that the sounds are more meleeized, but I still prefer how they were in Brawl.

Top Bottom