• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are sheiks most usefull at's?

Veng

Smash Ace
I started wondering why I try to needlepull it seems very ineffective in a battle because it just takes like one of those right time perfect moment things to get it to work. And on most characters they can recover, although I find they D air alot after that and kill themselves.

But do you guys find any other ATs in-effective?

What do you think sheiks most effective are? of course the must haves and the sort.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
she doesn't really have any useful ones

just figure out the basics of sheik and you'll be freaking good

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
she doesn't really have any useful ones

just figure out the basics of sheik and you'll be freaking good
Truth.

Sheik's ATs are mostly flashy at best.

Of the ones I can think of that I use on a regular basis (again, this is a personal choice)

Vanish Glides.
Wind/Vanish Catches.
Transformation Jumps.
F-tilt locks.
Technically not an AT, but running Usmashes are very effective for approach.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
C-Stick down.
I used to think so, but it's so hard to do, I have to claw to get it to work.

On topic, the ones I personally use are:

Needle charge propel (whatever the technical name is)
Needle charge aerial turn around
Vanish Glide
F Tilt Lock
Jab semi lock (though I don't think it's a lock)

Also for recommendation would be all of shieks combo's e.g. F Air to Dacus, the footstool combo's etc.

BUT BEFORE LEARNING ANY OF THESE, GET THE BASICS DOWN!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So, I recently got to play some Melee, and it reminded me on why I would learn techniques.

I learned them by necessity. In other words at points in my game I would see a definite application of a technique so I'd go and learn it... not the other way around, where people are learning techs and waiting to figure out a use behind it.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
i played melee recently too ankoku, (only thing people had in my hall...) and i remembered what a real combo looked like. mm... wave dash...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm personally a big fan of the chain jacket freezing my game, I'm always pulling that one out.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Wall cling.

Honestly, its so rarelt used, its pathetic. Ive played alot of VERY good sheiks, and they rarely use it.
Yoshi's island should be shieks best stage.

Besides the obvious, you can cancel out bouncing off a wall after being hit, by DI'ing into the wall to cling to it.

Works like diddy's ungimpable barrel tech... but clings on the wall instead.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fkAv5Qq_1dI

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
lol @ wall cling being sheiks MOST useful at - it's hardly even an AT at all XD

something that is occasionally moderately useful but most of the time isn't even an option doesn't even come close to being a "MOST useful AT"

it's not exactly gamechanging XD

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Imo; its the most useful.... even though its hardly even an AT. Which says alot about the other "ATs".

Knowing the ins&outs of wall clinging can only improve your game. After playing me; alot of people try incorporating it in their game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wallcling is hardly useful considering the glitchy habit of Brawl to sometimes not even let you wallcling.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
I wonder why nobody has mentioned the Chain Lock yet.
Pull out the chain and move it constantly between Downward and Diagonally Downward (where ever your opponent is). Does not always work against small characters but other than that it can rack up a lot of damage in no time.

Sheik's dash cancel has a lot of range but is very hard to do because of her fast regular running attack. Worth trying nevertheless.

This one is no AT but Sheik has to get many kills by edge guarding because of a lack of killing power.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Wallcling is hardly useful considering the glitchy habit of Brawl to sometimes not even let you wallcling.
Its not glitchy. Familiarize yourself with the aspects of wallclinging.

i should really make a video. :dizzy:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Aspects of wallclinging:
You can cling to a flat wall
It will sometimes do this for you even if you didn't want to and instead just wanted to grab a ledge
If you wallcling right under an overhang it automatically cancels your wallcling
Sometimes if you wallcling on a wall from the right it won't let you wallcling
You have no invincibility on wallcling, so it is never actually safe

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
I only found real use of the wallcling on Yoshi's Island...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Sometimes if you wallcling on a wall from the right it won't let you wallcling
are you talking about yoshi's island? i think that wall is angled weird so that it disallows wallclinging

but then again that's the only stage we're gonna wall cling on besides halberd or whatever.... so i'll give it to ankoku and say he's correct :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wallcling is fun to be sure and a good way to get up off the edge on yoshis when you're playing a well spaced marth or something but it wouldn't be anywhere near a "most important things to learn as a sheik main" list - and you're implying its her BEST AT? LOL

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
wallcling is fun to be sure and a good way to get up off the edge on yoshis when you're playing a well spaced marth or something but it wouldn't be anywhere near a "most important things to learn as a sheik main" list - and you're implying its her BEST AT? LOL
Obvs, that's Needle Pawnch.

Blad01

Smash Lord
DACUS is personnally my favorite AT.

But as gimpy said, spacing is the most important thing you could learn with Sheik... ^^

Top Bottom