• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Western Europe Rendezvous on the World Wide Web! -- A winner is Hero of Banthum!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Although Old Europe is fashionably late to the party, I dare say it's time we show the New World how to bout with class!

The goal of this friendly tournament is very simple, get the western european (okay, Central Europe can join in too :p ) smashers a chance to know each other! You're formally invited to the gathering if you're from one of the following countries: Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland or United Kingdom.

To participate, state your Country and the character you will use for the first game of each set. This is mandatory.

Information:
- It's a double elimination bracket tournament, you will play AT LEAST 2 people.
- The tournament starts on the 14th of this month (September).
- Players will only be seeded BY LOCATION (I will attempt to seperate players from different countries). If this tournament is successful, future brackets will also be seeded by skill.
- Players have 3 days, including the day of the start of each round to set a time and date for their match. This must be done in this thread, so I can track who plays when.
- Players have a total of 6 days, including the 3 above, to play their match. Failing to do so will result in an automatic loss. If both players fail to report, one of them at random will lose that set and the other will automatically lose the following one.
- BOTH PLAYERS must report the result of their set in this thread. Using infinite replay and replay tags codes is recommended.
- Settings:

-- Best of 3, first to win 2 games wins.
-- 3 Stocks, 8 minutes.
-- Items set to "Off" and "None"
-- You may not counterpick a stage you previously won on in the same set.
-- If time runs out, the player with most stocks wins. In the case both players have the same number of stocks, the player with the lowest % wins. In case both players have the same visible %, the Sudden Death must be played out.
-- A game ending with Bowser or Ganondorf's Special suicide move results in the win for Bowser/Ganondorf. If the game ends with any other suicide move, the Sudden Death must be played out.
-- Stalling is forbidden (this includes MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch).
-- You may counterpick a stage not included in the lists below if the other player agrees to it.
-- IF ONE of the players wishes to do so, BOTH MUST use the striking procedure to choose the first stage to be played on. Else, just pick your starter stage and let Brawl randomly choose among the two.
-- After that, counterpicking proceeds as usual: Losing player picks stage, winning player picks character, losing player picks character.

STARTER STAGE LIST:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

COUNTERPICK STAGE LIST:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

PARTICIPANTS
1: Flayl - Portugal - :rob:
2: Hero of Banthum - Netherlands - :snake:
3: Steven Jackson Action Jackson - Netherlands - :metaknight:
4: King Funk - Portugal - :falco:
5: MaverickZ - Portugal - :sonic:
6: Blue Lightning - Portugal - :lucas:
7: ShadowTl - Netherlands - :toonlink:
8: mcmuff1nman - Ireland - :olimar:
9: SoniKupo - United Kingdom - :sonic:
10: Willz - United Kingdom - :falcon:
11: Phanzar - Portugal - :marth:
12: Golden Ike - Portugal - :ike:
13: NatP - Portugal - :gw:
14: alvarinho - Portugal - :falco:

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Holy Hell Yeah, Im coming! In this case, just participating XD

Ike(of course :p)
Name, Ike (lack of imagination XD)
My FC is: 3051-1477-2979

Big Blazin

Smash Rookie
Although Old Europe is fashionably late to the party, I dare say it's time we show the New World how to bout with class!

The goal of this friendly tournament is very simple, get the western european (okay, Central Europe can join in too :p ) smashers a chance to know each other! You're formally invited to the gathering if you're from one of the following countries: Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland or United Kingdom.

To participate, state your Country and the character you will use for the first game of each set. This is mandatory.

Information:
- It's a double elimination bracket tournament, you will play AT LEAST 2 people.
- The tournament starts on the 14th of this month (September).
- Players will only be seeded BY LOCATION (I will attempt to seperate players from different countries). If this tournament is successful, future brackets will also be seeded by skill.
- Players have 3 days, including the day of the start of each round to set a time and date for their match. This must be done in this thread, so I can track who plays when.
- Players have a total of 6 days, including the 3 above, to play their match. Failing to do so will result in an automatic loss. If both players fail to report, one of them at random will lose that set and the other will automatically lose the following one.
- BOTH PLAYERS must report the result of their set in this thread. Using infinite replay and replay tags codes is recommended.
- Settings:

-- Best of 3, first to win 2 games wins.
-- 3 Stocks, 8 minutes.
-- Items set to "Off" and "None"
-- You may not counterpick a stage you previously won on in the same set.
-- If time runs out, the player with most stocks wins. In the case both players have the same number of stocks, the player with the lowest % wins. In case both players have the same visible %, the Sudden Death must be played out.
-- A game ending with Bowser or Ganondorf's Special suicide move results in the win for Bowser/Ganondorf. If the game ends with any other suicide move, the Sudden Death must be played out.
-- Stalling is forbidden (this includes MK's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch).
-- You may counterpick a stage not included in the lists below if the other player agrees to it.
-- IF ONE of the players wishes to do so, BOTH MUST use the striking procedure to choose the first stage to be played on. Else, just pick your starter stage and let Brawl randomly choose among the two.
-- After that, counterpicking proceeds as usual: Losing player picks stage, winning player picks character, losing player picks character.

STARTER STAGE LIST:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

COUNTERPICK STAGE LIST:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

PARTICIPANTS
1: Flayl - Portugal - :rob:
2: Hero of Banthum - Netherlands - :snake:
3: Steven Jackson Action Jackson - Netherlands - :metaknight:
4: King Funk - Portugal - :falco:
5: MaverickZ - Portugal - :sonic:
6: Blue Lightning - Portugal - :lucas:
7: ShadowTl - Netherlands - :toonlink:
8: mcmuff1nman - Ireland - :olimar:
9: SoniKupo - United Kingdom - :sonic:
10: Willz - United Kingdom - :falcon:
11: Phanzar - Portugal - :marth:
12: Golden Ike - Portugal - :ike:
13: NatP - Portugal - :gw:
14: alvarinho - Portugal - :falco:
Add me into that list i wna play im a pit user

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bracket is up in the first post, people that weren't form Portugal were seeded seperately because they were outnumbered.

Later today I'll send PMs for each match.

Remember to arrange time and dates using the thread!

Hero of Banthum

Smash Journeyman
Ill b available any day past 6 pm.
Why do you mention that in this topic... Kinda stupid don't you think? Mention it to your opponent in this case, me, most people will directly vm the opponent and then you can say it... You could have vm'd me instead of posting in this topic where I probably wouldn't have seen it... Ah well, I'll message you...

HoB

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Hm, but y is it stupid?
Im just sayiin that Im available after 6 pm to brawl.
Wats the prob?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why do you mention that in this topic... Kinda stupid don't you think? Mention it to your opponent in this case, me, most people will directly vm the opponent and then you can say it... You could have vm'd me instead of posting in this topic where I probably wouldn't have seen it... Ah well, I'll message you...

HoB
I mention in the first post that you're supposed to post here, otherwise I can't see who's actually trying to play their games.

Send VMs or PMs if you want to, but post the arranged time here.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I don't like Brawl anymore besides playing as C.Falcon. I play him solely offline now as well. Even though my other characters (Falco, Wolf) are considered top 3 in UK (well my Wolf is considered best in UK by some), I don't like playing them anymore. =]

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
I don't like Brawl anymore besides playing as C.Falcon. I play him solely offline now as well. Even though my other characters (Falco, Wolf) are considered top 3 in UK (well my Wolf is considered best in UK by some), I don't like playing them anymore. =]
You go to tournaments then? I would like to go to London for one.... I think I would do well lol...

And your Falco was beast when we played...

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Wow... Why the hell do I have such a hard bracket? xD

I start against a Sonic player, I might play NatP, and then MaverickZ. Wow...

NatP

Smash Ace
W00t I'm up against the only meta in this tourney! Lucky meeeeee.

Also tommorow after 1 30 pm, I'm available.

Top Bottom