• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

West Midlands Monthly Next: Feb 11/12th!!!!!!..Look in thread!! BIRMINGHAM!

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Cool man, is it Melee or Brawl that you play?

I'll inform you of the next session that happens
I play melee with about 2 friends, we're looking for some new faces to play against so we can improve. I might be up for brawl as well, but I already said I don't play it much anymore.

Cool, let me know of any future smashfests, and I'll see if I can come :)

DaleLT

Smash Rookie
Don't play much Brawl anymore, and when I do I don't do it online, it irritates me no end online, sorry
Well that's fair enough, I know the lag can be quite bad (well that was my excuse for losing anyway :smirk:) At the same time I'd feel quite awkward just turning up at someone's house though XD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
haha it seems a little weird at first but you get used to it :) they're just someone who shares an interest with you, and you'll probably make a few friends while doing it.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I play melee with about 2 friends, we're looking for some new faces to play against so we can improve. I might be up for brawl as well, but I already said I don't play it much anymore.
This makes me happy.

Yeah will do man, should be having one next week on Wednesday or Saturday if you're free on those days.

burrhe

Smash Cadet
This makes me happy.

Yeah will do man, should be having one next week on Wednesday or Saturday if you're free on those days.
Cool, is that 16th or 19th? I'll be able to do one of those days, send me a private message with the details and I'll let you know if I can make it. If I can get my smash mates to come, are they welcome too? I reckon at least one will be able to, but the other is a medic so he gets kinda busy :(

Be interesting to see how we've improved, because we're all relatively the same pretty much but I know we are better than we were.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I'm busy this Saturday, I SHOULD be free next Wednesday if like one or two of you wanna just come to my house for a sesh, i'm a 10/13min bus ride away from New Street.

burrhe

Smash Cadet
There can be definitely one other person coming with me, need to hear back from the other.
I can be at new street station in Birmingham earliest 11:38, then a train leaving Birmingham at 18:19 would be the earliest train to get back home, though the latest I'd want to leave it is the 18:52 train.

What I'm saying is the longest I'll be in Birmingham is from 11:38 to 18:52, let me know how long you want us so I can book the train tickets, and also any other details would be nice, such as which bus we'd need to get etc.
unless you want to meet us at the station? just a thought.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Two options:

1. We go to my house, I have one set up here, it's a short bus ride away from town, buses are pretty frequent too.

2. We go to this small LAN place, they have a bunch of CRT's so we can get more than one set up on the go. The place charges us £3 per person.

I'll let you guys know by Monday if I can still do this.

burrhe

Smash Cadet
I can bring a Gamecube and a melee copy if we go for option 2, which may be better if 3 of us can come. I honestly don't mind, but let us know tomorrow which'll be best. I can give you my mobile number if it makes it easier to contact us

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hao, I'm away (visiting home) from Monday to Thursday.

But I'm wanting to play smash would like to meet up with the new Notts guys too so hopefully can do something soon.

Hao

Smash Journeyman
How many of you guys are coming? Option 2 is better if there's like, more than 2 of you basically haha.

I'm also free this Wednesday.

burrhe

Smash Cadet
How many of you guys are coming? Option 2 is better if there's like, more than 2 of you basically haha.

I'm also free this Wednesday.
There's definitely 3 of us, so yeah, option 2. What time do you want us so we can book train tickets to new street? And how long can we stay?

Hao

Smash Journeyman
We got the place til' 17:00, but sometimes they just let us in for longer. Get to New Street for like, 11:38 like you were planning before I guess, that's a good time.

Wednesday or Saturday we doing?

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Yo, I'm one of the three.....the earlier we can come the better, cuz I'll need to catch the train back to Nottingham for around 5 ish....

We can be in Bham for like 11, or a bit after?

You got a recording setup btw?...we're gonna want this Nottingham smash crew > Birmingham smash crew recorded, no johns XD

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
Good ****, sounds good.

Wednesdayyyyyyy

Edit : Burrhe WTF is your avatar

Edit 2 : I tried searching for "yellow thing with stupid nose" on google images, no luck

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Good ****, sounds good.

Wednesdayyyyyyy

Stop hating hater.

Yes Wednessday 10.54 in Birmingham is the best bet. That's the earliest Off-peak train out of Beeston, that leaves at 09.43 btw "FoxoF". Can we get the details to meet up? What's the place called?

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I've given you my number, I'll meet you at New Street for 10:54 then.

Edit 2 : I tried searching for "yellow thing with stupid nose" on google images, no luck
'tis that thing off the cartoon Adventure Time I think?

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Yep, cool see you then.

And I'm glad someone recognises it, and by 'it' you mean the magic dog called Jake. Gonna have to teach him the joys of Adventure time. Or just link him a video.

FoxoF

Smash Cadet
OOOOOOO, hang on, I've actually seen an episode of that before at a friend's house a few months ago...but gotta say, it was the WIERDEST show I've seen.

Had me sort of laughing a bit, mainly because of how wierd it was tho.

It was the episode where the boy found robots and stuff, and made them work, and then they turned evil. And then there was a massive monster at the end which sucked up all those cloud things. See, I sound like such a wierdo describing it

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Haha! those cable matches. My Pichu will beat your Fox one day...

We all had a lot of fun yesterday, so thanks, and I at least learned a lot from our matches.
I'll upload those recordings (the ones that worked anyways) after my exams in about a week.

I'll keep in touch about June, I made a thread about here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322449
It's probably most likely going to be Sunday 10th of June, but I honestly can't say for sure.

hopefully play again soon either way :)

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
ah yes i saw this a while back....The part about the cake intrigues me :awesome:
ill have to miss this one unfortunately cuz im saving for Norway.....but if u host something afterwards id like to attend as i want cake...

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm going to Smash Ain't Dead, see you there? Maybe we can meet up in Birmingham/Nottingham for some friendlies.

I'm for another Nottingham tournament between late September, mid October

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd update you on something:

GGA, that internet cafe place has temporarily closed down and will be re-opening at a new venue in very shortly. Once this place opens I'll organise a proper tournament for us lot to get into & fun times shall be had.

burrhe

Smash Cadet
Cool, I'm hearing rumours of a Nottingham tournament in October 7th :)

and I've just seen the thread and you're busy Hao :( let us know updates for that then

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I'm alive.

The new GlobalGaming place has opened, it's a 5minute walk from New Street (much closer compared to the other location), as for CRT's though the times I've been there they only seem to have 2 (although they might keep the others in the back or something.

I'll be there again next week Sunday so I'll definitely ask as to how many CRT's they actually have and then I'll get to arranging a tournament, it's been far too long.

Top Bottom