• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Both King K Rool and Ridley have final smashes where they destroy something. Skull Kid could easily continue the trend. Once activated, he can float higher, go limp, body falls to the floor, mask detaches either:

-Could be swallowed by the moon and destroy clock town, although that is very similar to the AT. (Side note reminder that Riki is an AT and a FS for Shulk. Also Olimar's FS is also an item).

-Mask could transform into Majora's Wrath and some sort of cinematic plays out. However the moon just feels more iconic. Elements of the boss fight can be incorporated into Skull Kid's move set.

Summoning the Giants doesn't make sense since they're called to stop Majora.

As for musical instruments, all I want is a taunt or victory animation where he plays one note on the Ocarina and laughs

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Much respect, I came over to express my concerns and be kind of pessimistic, and despite three people directly responding, everyone was very pleasant and understanding of my points. I really appreciate how much we've matured as a community on here, it shows in spades nowadays.

I don't think I'm on the supporter list yet, but despite my worries, I do support. Majora's Mask is a beautiful game that deserves direct acknowledgement outside of just a stage, and Majora is arguably still the series' most ominous villain. He's not a mad puppet like Zant, a rebel desperately trying to resurrect his cause like Ghirahim, or an arrogant Machiavellian like Ganondorf. He's just a mad destroyer that cares and feels for nothing and answers to no one. Awesome villain from an incredible game.

Add me to the list. Hopefully I'm wrong about all the negative things.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Skull Kid totally could knock the person/people on to the clock tower and the moon just ****ing rockets down onto it. That makes the most sense and it would be ****ing cool as hell like K. Rool and Ridley's final smashes

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Man. I've thought of Majora as female for so long now that it's weird to hear people refer to them as he. :laugh: We really don't know for sure either way...the amount of loose ends and mysteries that will never be solved in that game makes me both intrigued and disappointed.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I see Skull Kid's powers as a variant of his AT ones. I wouldn't like to see him use the fairies or the flute, mostly because the mask has already enough wicked powers that it wouldn't need help from anything else.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm not fully ok rather if I want Skull Kid with a cinematic Final Smash. I don't know. I feel like they'd get repetitive after Captain Falcon, Duck Hunt Dog, Ridley and K. Rool.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick thought guys, but maybe the reason that leakers have “hinted” at, NintendoUK hinted at, and Nintendo of America hinted at all within a short span of time is because maybe Skull Kid IS the next reveal (possibly a month away) and the direct / announcement is being translated / put together as we speak (so leaks are a possibility)

Spatman

Smash Ace
Just a quick thought guys, but maybe the reason that leakers have “hinted” at, NintendoUK hinted at, and Nintendo of America hinted at all within a short span of time is because maybe Skull Kid IS the next reveal (possibly a month away) and the direct / announcement is being translated / put together as we speak (so leaks are a possibility)
What is the noa hint?

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
All we can do is hope.

As far as final smash, Skull Kid could be taken over by Majora completely and turn into Majora's Wrath for a big attack and then revert back to Skull Kid. Not having the final smash as bringing down the moon isn't as near a big a deal as people have been making it out to be.

Even with Smash 4; Sakurai made it a point to state he was an assist trophy, so that people wouldn't be confused and rage. Was still disappointed with that reveal.. but here we are in Ultimate and all the old favorite fan followings are getting in. King K. Rool, Ridley, Simon... Skull Kid just seems like a natural choice in the roster.

A few of the Mii costumes (King K. Rool being one of them) are turning into playable characters and with Majora's Mask being in there, it's probable we will be pleasantly surprised and have Skull Kid as a playable character this time.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If Skull kid said something to a character in his reveal trailer, what iconic quote would you love to hear from him?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I was thinking Skull kid to Geno (if they were revealed together) before attempting to attack:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking Skull kid to Geno (if they were revealed together) before attempting to attack:
I actually envision Skull Kid and Geno being revealed together in the lost woods. Both characters are met in the forest. Geno is met in Forest Maze, and the Lost Woods is coincidentally often thought of as a maze :)

UserKev

Smash Champion
Anyone seen the Eddy Gordo inspiration suggestion for Skull Kid? Eddy Gordo is a cool character but his inspiration on Skull Kid would be extreme repulsive to me. Skull Kid shouldn't use fancy kicks in his move sets, ruins his appeal.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Anyone seen the Eddy Gordo inspiration suggestion for Skull Kid? Eddy Gordo is a cool character but his inspiration on Skull Kid would be extreme repulsive to me. Skull Kid shouldn't use fancy kicks in his move sets, ruins his appeal.
Not I. But I think there is enough content between Majora's Mask and Hyrule Warriors to create a moveset.

Side note: was reviewing some old threads on Skull Kid in Smash4 speculation.. Hoo boy, I got flashbacks with how popular operation moonfall was and the Majora's Mask Remake hype. Kind of makes me more confident he will get in this time https://smashboards.com/threads/skull-kid-the-lost-puppet-assist-trophy-status-confirmed.325875/

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Man I really am liking the idea of a Geno vs Skull kid fight in the lost woods/forest maze trailer reveal…
New Project.png

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
A double Skull Kid and Geno reveal would be pretty amazing, and both would play into the "puppet" theme that both of them have.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
HOLY CRAP Who drew that??? That looks amazing!!
I just played a bit on photoshop with some background I found on google + the original artwork of skull kid from majora's mask 3ds + and that picture of Geno is one I found on tumblr and cut him apart to include him together here. Just spent like 30 mins playing around on photoshop lol.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
They will never reveal two unrelated characters in the same trailer. Not a chance. The best we can hope for is some relation in a possible story mode, or a reference in whoever's trailer is second!

They will never reveal two unrelated characters in the same trailer. Not a chance. The best we can hope for is some relation in a possible story mode, or a reference in whoever's trailer is second!
I think the relation was Lost Woods vs Forest Maze and the rest... this little thing called imagination :)

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
well, they are showing off EVERY character, a 2 character trailer could be needed to show them all off, especially considering the possibility even third Party echoes need some sort of elaborate trailer

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ummm is this a rule? I mean sure "new reveals" are always within the theme of the trailer but I don't see why it has to be a rule tho, Smash is a crossover game, otherwise we wouldn't have seen megaman and mario in the ridley trailer, just samus and ridley. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
also Technically speaking that has already been broken before with Brawl showing Meta knight pit Zero suit samus etc in 1 trailer and smash 4 showing mega man and villager in 1 too, sure it's E3, but i don't think that distinction should matter too much

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yes, Smash is a crossover, obviously. But (a) once they started doing these character-specific reveals, they stopped revealing multiple characters in the same trailer unless they're related (Palutena and Dark Pit, Robin and Lucina, Simon and Richter); (b) revealing multiple characters in this manner steals the thunder from one of them; and (c) even if both those things change, any third-party character will get their own, singular reveal trailer. Look, as much as I love Skull Kid, he doesn't stand up to the weight a third-party character carries.

Villager and Mega Man have separate reveal trailers, just played one after another in the Direct.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Yes, Smash is a crossover, obviously. But (a) once they started doing these character-specific reveals, they stopped revealing multiple characters in the same trailer unless they're related (Palutena and Dark Pit, Robin and Lucina, Simon and Richter); (b) revealing multiple characters in this manner steals the thunder from one of them; and (c) even if both those things change, any third-party character will get their own, singular reveal trailer. Look, as much as I love Skull Kid, he doesn't stand up to the weight a third-party character carries.

Villager and Mega Man have separate reveal trailers, just played one after another in the Direct.
Well, Geno isn't exactly like other third parties as he is strictly a Mario character, it is actually questionable if he's even 100% square or it's a partnered thing, plus there are many people who don't know Geno unlike other Third parties so he's not really stealing another thunder, in fact i can imagine lots of people would be confused and more questioning why geno is in if he had a solo trailer then if he came in a Duo Trailer also i just think with Skull kids puppet abilities from Twilight princess/Hyrule warriors you could make a great fake out

Good points. I understand what you're saying but nonetheless it would be pretty amazing having those 2 revealed together.

It just originated from a Skull Kid's quote about puppets that Nazyrus Nazyrus posted earlier (maybe it was discussed earlier... ).

Then, both characters are puppets and both originating from a forest with similar attributes... anyway.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, Geno isn't exactly like other third parties as he is strictly a Mario character, it is actually questionable if he's even 100% square or it's a partnered thing, plus there are many people who don't know Geno unlike other Third parties so he's not really stealing another thunder, in fact i can imagine lots of people would be confused and more questioning why geno is in if he had a solo trailer then if he came in a Duo Trailer also i just think with Skull kids puppet abilities from Twilight princess/Hyrule warriors you could make a great fake out
He's Square's. That's why he's never shown up since, except that one cameo, for which they had to get permission. Geno is a third party character, period.

Also, if people are opposed to seeing Geno in the game, or any character for that matter, putting that character in someone else's trailer is a really great way to ruin that trailer.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
He's Square's. That's why he's never shown up since, except that one cameo, for which they had to get permission. Geno is a third party character, period.

Also, if people are opposed to seeing Geno in the game, or any character for that matter, putting that character in someone else's trailer is a really great way to ruin that trailer.
I mean… you can't make everyone happy tho… as a huge crossover game this is, it's almost unavoidable for sakurai to include "x" character in "y"'s reveal trailer and make someone a bit pissed off… I don't think there are that many cases to even worry tho. I honestly don't mind who appears in who's trailer, as long as we get the characters, it's awesome to me. If i'm gonna be fighting random characters in-game i don't see why a trailer showing random characters together really is that big of a deal. But that's just me i guess…

Top Bottom