• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Not in the game at all: Why not put Skull Kid with the Moon as an AT then? It would be the most logical choice.
Devil's Advocate time!

They intentionally made certain characters absent from the base roster to include as DLC picks later on. If the DLC season is going to be as long as possible, then I could see them taking certain big names and saving them for DLC.

Wouldn't be surprised if a character like Geno made base due to his niche status as a Smash legend and more well known characters like Skull Kid or Bandanna Dee were saved for DLC. Gotta sell those characters to the masses somehow yknow?

It's why I think K.Rool and Ridley were base as well, they're both huge to their respective fanbases and to Smash, but not to the general public.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Related in the sense that its Majoras Mask related, but I made a walnut frame for this poster because of my affection for my favorite game of all time!
(The image uploader isn't loading so all I've got is the link) https://imgur.com/gallery/EJGmktV

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Devil's Advocate time!

They intentionally made certain characters absent from the base roster to include as DLC picks later on. If the DLC season is going to be as long as possible, then I could see them taking certain big names and saving them for DLC.

Wouldn't be surprised if a character like Geno made base due to his niche status as a Smash legend and more well known characters like Skull Kid or Bandanna Dee were saved for DLC. Gotta sell those characters to the masses somehow yknow?

It's why I think K.Rool and Ridley were base as well, they're both huge to their respective fanbases and to Smash, but not to the general public.
I had thought of this too, it honestly makes sense, I would prefer base roster, but if we got him as DLC thats also good, really just eventually getting Skull Kid is better than not getting him at all.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That is a cool poster. I've got one of the other ones they released for MM3D, with Skull Kid holding the mask in the forest, looking over his shoulder, and his shadow is enormous and has these glowing Majora eyes.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
That is a cool poster. I've got one of the other ones they released for MM3D, with Skull Kid holding the mask in the forest, looking over his shoulder, and his shadow is enormous and has these glowing Majora eyes.
I love that one! I want to get that one and the Fierce Deity/Majoras Wrath poster and build some frames for them as well.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I love that one! I want to get that one and the Fierce Deity/Majoras Wrath poster and build some frames for them as well.
They're all good! But I picked the Skull Kid one because it really spoke to me about his character and his role in the story. I really think he's one of the most tragic figures in Zelda's history, along with the Hero of Time himself.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Okay, whatever that poster is I want it!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Anywhere I can find a 24x36 size of it? I try to keep all my posters uniform in size AnOkayDM AnOkayDM
That's actually the size I have. I'm sorry I don't remember where I got it though! I think it was through Club Nintendo? I also got the Majora's Mask messenger bag from that.

Nintendo doesn't sell it on their official site or anything, do they?

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
That's actually the size I have. I'm sorry I don't remember where I got it though! I think it was through Club Nintendo? I also got the Majora's Mask messenger bag from that.

Nintendo doesn't sell it on their official site or anything, do they?
I got my other one off Amazon. The only Fierce Deity one I can find is from eBay delivering from China, and the skull kid ones I'm finding are 20x30 for no reason at all? You don't usually see posters around that size very often.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I got my other one off Amazon. The only Fierce Deity one I can find is from eBay delivering from China, and the skull kid ones I'm finding are 20x30 for no reason at all? You don't usually see posters around that size very often.
Weird. Sorry, my dude. I would probably just keep checking periodically and hope you get lucky!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I put my own petty dislike of a character aside to hopefully bring in more supporters for Skull Kid on Twitter (I got a follow off of PapaGenos :p)
[/MEDIA]
Also does anyone know who originally created this picture so I can credit them

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
I put my own petty dislike of a character aside to hopefully bring in more supporters for Skull Kid on Twitter (I got a follow off of PapaGenos :p)
[/MEDIA]
Also does anyone know who originally created this picture so I can credit them
(NSFW WARNING) This guy made the art. He's, uh a 'mature artist'. . . Just tag @PervySeby. Don't click the link unless you don't mind very NSFW artwork.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Honestly, I'm reminded of this thread from Facepunch right now:

Good Lord, that was a trainwreck.

Also, I should not have clicked on that Twitter link. First Xabin's Tumblr, now this. When will I learn my lesson?

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
For sure! He's going up there with my current mains of Ness and Cloud, but I'm tempted to also main Young Link as well.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It really just depends how he plays. I'm not gonna main someone I don't find fun or can't get a good grip on. I mean, I've wanted Ridley for years and I guarantee you I won't actually enjoy playing him that much. :laugh: But I'm definitely going back to Young Link now that he's returned!

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
It really just depends how he plays. I'm not gonna main someone I don't find fun or can't get a good grip on. I mean, I've wanted Ridley for years and I guarantee you I won't actually enjoy playing him that much. :laugh: But I'm definitely going back to Young Link now that he's returned!
I hope they buff Young Link. His range speed wasn't the greatest so here's to hoping he's much better in Ultimate!

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Not really. If he's too much like Hyrule Warriors, I'll even cringe when I have to fight against the character.
I'm sure there will be at least some difference, given I assume that Dynasty Warriors/Hyrule Warrios has a somewhat different playstyle than Smash Bros.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Not really. If he's too much like Hyrule Warriors, I'll even cringe when I have to fight against the character.
I agree. I think it will be 100% different. I don't think Nintendo, even less Sakurai, would want a repeated style of moveset on two different games.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I hope they buff Young Link. His range speed wasn't the greatest so here's to hoping he's much better in Ultimate!
I mained him in Melee, so I'll like him even if he's exactly the same. I'm sure he'll be buffed though!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been online in a while. Nice to see that the music theory is looking less likely every week. Still, every unique newcomer is probably going to come with a fitting music piece. That pattern hasn't been broken as of yet. The Termina Field remix we already know of would be perfect for Skull Kid. So I'd say we can consider every Wednesday that doesn't feature Termina Field a small victory.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
Haven't been online in a while. Nice to see that the music theory is looking less likely every week. Still, every unique newcomer is probably going to come with a fitting music piece. That pattern hasn't been broken as of yet. The Termina Field remix we already know of would be perfect for Skull Kid. So I'd say we can consider every Wednesday that doesn't feature Termina Field a small victory.
I'm not sure how long it is but there is a more bombastic version of sarias song played on ganondorfs character video. Still best case scenario we get a remix of one of majoras themes.

Top Bottom