• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

We're on Xenforo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John2k4

The End of an Era
New skin: Neo Blue

Also something to separate posts and signatures better, and maybe the return of the "who's watching this thread" feature.
Got this in not too long ago. :b:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
moved back to pool room, permissions for the announcements discussion are still wonky and waiting on things to be fixed (still)

Lovage

Smash Hero
"who's viewing this thread" was what SWF was all ABOUT

gotta have that back at some point

edit:
why wont it let me edit my sig

D

Deleted member

the users viewing thing is right there?
unless they added it in the past hour

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So can I get at least SOME feedback on whats up with the Social Groups? Are theu coming back? Are they gone? Anything? Please?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Where are we supposed to discuss My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic without Social Groups? :urg:

Additionally, quote tags aren't allowed in signatures for some reason. It won't let me or Lovage change it and I'd rather not remove the quote there (was trying to update it to the new quote system).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The quoting format changed, it doesn't work like before anymore (from "quote=username;post#", to "quote=username, post: #, member: #".
Signatures are just text, so I guess they just won't work in the new site

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Many of the "view newest unread post" are set to the correct day/month but set to 2012 instead of 2013, so if the last time I saw a post in a certain thread was Feb 2 2013 (meaning very recently), it would take me to Feb 2 2012 instead. Becomes apparent only on super long/old threads, otherwise, will just take you to the begining of each thread because the newest ones I'm subscribed to didnt exist around this time last year.

I know http://smashboards.com/watched/threads has this issue, but I can't identify any others namely because I just clicked on "mark all forums as read" so I didn't have to deal with it anymore.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If a thread has new posts (topic is bolded) and you click it, it takes you to the first unread post. Why does it do that? It should take you to the first page. If you want the first unread post you can click the blue orb next to the title or click "first unread post" button in the topic.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Many of the "view newest unread post" are set to the correct day/month but set to 2012 instead of 2013, so if the last time I saw a post in a certain thread was Feb 2 2013 (meaning very recently), it would take me to Feb 2 2012 instead. Becomes apparent only on super long/old threads, otherwise, will just take you to the begining of each thread because the newest ones I'm subscribed to didnt exist around this time last year.

I know http://smashboards.com/watched/threads has this issue, but I can't identify any others namely because I just clicked on "mark all forums as read" so I didn't have to deal with it anymore.
Where do you mark the threads as read?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
We'll be working on getting more features up
Social Groups are the hardest because there's a lot to convert to the new version. I'm not half done that importer either. Keep in mind I'm doing everything alone, not getting paid, with a full-time college student schedule and the homework that goes along with it, so I'm trying to get this done as fast as I can.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Bio if its any consolation you and the rest of SWF have done more actually useful stuff for SWF in a few months than MLG did in 5 years. Props on that!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Bio, you have a bunch of BRers and a couple Admins, probably someone else can help you with that?

It's been great so far, I like many of the new features, I just hope the site to be 100% transferred and bug-free so you can start adding more of the previous features/skins.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id probably like the new features more if it didnt lose like, twice the features it gained.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The groups are limited to 10 people it seems, but if you go to your conversations (basically PM) and under participants opt to create a group, selecting that group creates a thread like PM conversation with everyone in your group. It's like super secret user groups and is pretty awesome imo.

that should maybe curb your pony discussion desires

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
By the way, the "hide signatures" option is quite handy.
Can we hide PART of the sig, like we could before? :(

New skin: Neo Blue

Got this in not too long ago. :b:
With that, you also revealed collapse tags are back, albeit as "spoiler" tags, which is.....odd. Does this mean that we can't black things out with the spoiler tags anymore? Also, I'm quite curious as to why you 'hid' those tags in your post with black text. :p
testing

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Oh, ok, that's good. :)

Social Groups are the hardest because there's a lot to convert to the new version. I'm not half done that importer either. Keep in mind I'm doing everything alone, not getting paid, with a full-time college student schedule and the homework that goes along with it, so I'm trying to get this done as fast as I can.
Yeah, you're actually doing a really good job! Some of us have some gripes with the current format, with the hopes that they will guide short-term future endeavors, but I must say I am extremely impressed with the amount of dedication you've put into this. ;)

The quoting format changed, it doesn't work like before anymore (from "quote=username;post#", to "quote=username, post: #, member: #".
Signatures are just text, so I guess they just won't work in the new site
What the heck is the "member #" and why is it needed when the quote tag includes the username? :smash:

John2k4

The End of an Era
With that, you also revealed collapse tags are back, albeit as "spoiler" tags, which is.....odd. Does this mean that we can't black things out with the spoiler tags anymore? Also, I'm quite curious as to why you 'hid' those tags in your post with black text. :p

Didn't intend to; copy/pasted it and it kept the page font color.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What the heck is the "member #" and why is it needed when the quote tag includes the username? :smash:
I'm guessing every member has a number assigned, so (mine is 136407, yours is 168990), and that's the number it asks for.
I have no idea what is its function though, but it is, indeed, part of the new quote format.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The groups are limited to 10 people it seems, but if you go to your conversations (basically PM) and under participants opt to create a group, selecting that group creates a thread like PM conversation with everyone in your group. It's like super secret user groups and is pretty awesome imo.

that should maybe curb your pony discussion desires
For one, I already set up a convo in the first 5 mins of ****Foro and while it somewhat gives us at least SOMETHING, its still super limited. Also, I dont think you understand the fact that we had over 15k posts between the 12 of us in our social group, with over 20 threads, a lot of it archiving a lot of great moments and such between said group. So straight up any type of replacement just wont work. Also, while ponies are pretty cool, it has nothing to do with ponies, it was... Basically the definition of a Social Group, a bunch of friends with a group in which we used to talk about and do whatever amongst each other.

John2k4

The End of an Era
For one, I already set up a convo in the first 5 mins of ****Foro and while it somewhat gives us at least SOMETHING, its still super limited. Also, I dont think you understand the fact that we had over 15k posts between the 12 of us in our social group, with over 20 threads, a lot of it archiving a lot of great moments and such between said group. So straight up any type of replacement just wont work. Also, while ponies are pretty cool, it has nothing to do with ponies, it was... Basically the definition of a Social Group, a bunch of friends with a group in which we used to talk about and do whatever amongst each other.
That's wonderful. Please continue to aimlessly bash and ***** at things without providing some kind of constructiveness in your criticism. It has already been stated multiple times that we still have the data from the old groups, but importing them is the roadblock. It's not as easy as click a button and bang all messages are there. It takes a lot of time to write a very customized importing script that will recover all of these, and not leave any data out.

It was not out intention to completely eliminate social groups, but if the process of converting them is high in difficulty and there is no method already out there, then it will be a while.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Initial impression: sexy as HELL. The move to a more social smashboards was incredibly wise - assuming the usage works as intended. Sleek, with tons of options. I'm very excited - very appreciated to have the site launch even with the kinks. The site at full potential will be a 100% improvement over the past sites.

I'll miss the previous revamp aesthetics MetalMarioMan (?) and Bionic (I think it was them) did though. I hope those colors come back. :3

John2k4

The End of an Era
Depending on if anything's going on at school tomorrow I might be able to get another skin up. Or a darkened version of Neo.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wow hold on I still have to explore everything.

STOP ADDIN ****

John2k4

The End of an Era
Well you're not forced to use the new skin.

...Though I could set it that way. :b:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Vibrant added intuitive controls, at hand everything, and beautifully Brawl-y aesthetics. As graphic designer, and user for four years, it was the best thing that happened to the site - since this revamp at least.

I hope the people who worked on it before get to touch this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom