• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

well when i first tried the knee i was like

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
It's not inherently difficult, but to pull it off in a match against a good opponent is definitely a struggle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To master Falcon and his Knee this time around is to be the Gimpy of Brawl.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ummm i was going to make a video about landing the SH knee, but i have never done that crap, so i guess i'll try to tell in text.

Alright the knee works like this:

Head in a match against Bowser (b/c he's the biggest) MAKE SURE IT'S A MATCH. Make the bowser 2p so it doesnt move (BTW at 99 lives, 3mins). What you want to do is short hop, and observe falcon's peek in jump. after a couple practise jumps release the knee at the PEEK of Falcon 's SH (It is important that you unleash it at the peak, the c-stick works best)then fast fall (again fast fall a split second after the knee comes out). it's pretty hard to pull it off in time it'll grow on you, one common mistake i make is in a match i rush the knee right away, which ruins it, IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DO THESE ALL IN STEPS, ONE AFTER THE OTHER. After the match ends replay it for quick refernce, then try it on squirtle, then just add some running into the mix to perfect it.

hope it help's i'll try to get a video up (one thing to add thing to add is that it's able to be tech chased)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I land the knee after people airdodge. Everyone always seems to air dodge after they are knocked in the air. A good way to knee people is to down-throw, wait for the dodge, punish them.

Also, I land the knee after failed ledge tactics. If you can predict the roll, ledge attack, or jump, you can punish them again.

Lastly, remember a flubbed knee almost always leads into an u-air. That's how I use the knee. Not as awesome as it was in Melee, but I think it is a severely underrated move. The percents you kill with it are ludicrous since it is almost always undiminished.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
ummm i was going to make a video about landing the SH knee, but i have never done that crap, so i guess i'll try to tell in text.

Alright the knee works like this:

Head in a match against Bowser (b/c he's the biggest) MAKE SURE IT'S A MATCH. Make the bowser 2p so it doesnt move (BTW at 99 lives, 3mins). What you want to do is short hop, and observe falcon's peek in jump. after a couple practise jumps release the knee at the PEEK of Falcon 's SH (It is important that you unleash it at the peak, the c-stick works best)then fast fall (again fast fall a split second after the knee comes out). it's pretty hard to pull it off in time it'll grow on you, one common mistake i make is in a match i rush the knee right away, which ruins it, IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DO THESE ALL IN STEPS, ONE AFTER THE OTHER. After the match ends replay it for quick refernce, then try it on squirtle, then just add some running into the mix to perfect it.

hope it help's i'll try to get a video up (one thing to add thing to add is that it's able to be tech chased)
**** thats my problem, i gota do it in that in order, i always forget to jump before i knee, it does some stupid kick thing...

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.

In Melee, it was hard to NOT sweetspot the knee.
whats. your. point...
do you think your strange opinion will convert people like religion?
youre on the brawl forums, you can get to the melee forums by clicking the
'smash world forums' tab at the top of your page and finding melee character specific.
no more complaint threads people

Reaver197

Smash Lord
HAY GUIZ.

I think I should make Marth's side-b faster. Brilliant! Oh what's this, Falcon's knee was usable? Not anymore!

- Sakurai

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
It's a little harder, but it's not really difficult once you get it. You really just have to get used to it

Yes, the Knee is way underrated. Flubbing it isn't necessarily bad, plus once you learn it it's still almost as good as Melee. Now if they just gave CF moar priority...

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It's no where near as good as it was in Melee.

Unless you could magically spawn a time clock every time you wanted to knee someone.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
It's hard to land it on a grounded opponent, but I catch people in the air most of the time with the sweetspoted version.

It is nearly impossible to sweetspot the knee with a SH when the opponent is on the ground the best way to knee is to SH and DI backwards ( for spacing if it misses b/c lag isnt to good) and hope for the opponent to jump this works really well and can actually work in matches.

CAPTAIN_FALCON23

Smash Cadet
Two words:

Heavy.
Brawl.

I just tried it out, timing for the knee seems far closer to that of Melee. Now let's go flood the general/tactical boards with lobbying for heavy brawl as standard competitive mode.

Top Bottom