• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, Little Mac in 4Glory mode won't be so tough anymore. . .

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
You serious?

Oh, you mean Mac is winning 50% of the time and losing 50% of the time?

That would make him perfectly balanced.
Win ratio doesn't mean anything, out of what... how many matches have I even played against with him? Maybe a handful per week. And a lot of that doesn't equate to much, given player skill and all. Two jabs shouldn't send you flying on FG. It's seriously a joke.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Win ratio doesn't mean anything, out of what... how many matches have I even played against with him? Maybe a handful per week. And a lot of that doesn't equate to much, given player skill and all. Two jabs shouldn't send you flying on FG. It's seriously a joke.
Then why even bring it up?

Mac's critics always feel the need to point out they're not losing to Mac.

There's no reason to complain about him or act like he's overpowered if beating him was no more difficult than any other character. And it isn't. In fact, for a lot of characters, he's one of the easiest opponents to beat.

And once again, his global win ratio is the worst in the game. "But that's just noobs who don't know how to play as him!" Sure, that certainly doesn't help. But Mac is lighting any fires in the pro scene either.

He's very run of the mill, and I'm sorry, but anyone who can say "Little Mac is OP" with a straight face is just not very good at the game.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Hayzie, you still haven't answered my question. And two jabs is perfectly fine. Please read my previous posts. Seriously, I could write a book on why Mac is a well balanced character.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Then why even bring it up?

Mac's critics always feel the need to point out they're not losing to Mac.

There's no reason to complain about him or act like he's overpowered if beating him was no more difficult than any other character. And it isn't. In fact, for a lot of characters, he's one of the easiest opponents to beat.

And once again, his global win ratio is the worst in the game. "But that's just noobs who don't know how to play as him!" Sure, that certainly doesn't help. But Mac is lighting any fires in the pro scene either.

He's very run of the mill, and I'm sorry, but anyone who can say "Little Mac is OP" with a straight face is just not very good at the game.
What's with the Little Mac boner around here? There's boards for all characters and everyone has things they both like & dislike about all of the characters, be it their nerfs or buffs or moves. I don't give two monkey droppings how many people are good or bad with him. I personally think his punches are super cheap, no matter if I come out on top in the match or lose. You win some, you lose some, he's OP on the ground. Hey, is he OP on the ground? Personally, I think anyone who defends Little Mac to the core is just not good at the game because they are the definition of noob city.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
What's with the Little Mac boner around here? There's boards for all characters and everyone has things they both like & dislike about all of the characters, be it their nerfs or buffs or moves. I don't give two monkey droppings how many people are good or bad with him. I personally think his punches are super cheap, no matter if I come out on top in the match or lose. You win some, you lose some, he's OP on the ground. Hey, is he OP on the ground? Personally, I think anyone who defends Little Mac to the core is just not good at the game because they are the definition of noob city.
You... have no idea what you're talking about. You're basically saying, "I don't care if people put hundreds of hours of their lives into perfecting a character just so they can give me their best game, I think Little Mac is overpowered and requires no skill despite not being able to come up with a logical argument to support my opinion.

Also, about my question? I'll just repost it here, seriously though, bring an argument next time you respond.

So some videos:
Shockwave Smash 3DS - TLOC Denti(Shiek) vs Bwett(Little Mac)

Smash Bros 4 3DS - Awesome Little Mac Fight!
Dedede vs Little Mac Smash Bros 3DS

OK guys, so what I want you to do is watch both videos. The first one is an example of a competent Little Mac, and the next two are examples of not competent Little Macs. And yes, ellord, Bwett is rolling a lot in that first video. This was before dashdancing was discovered. If you saw a video of him now he would definitely be using it. So, basically what the two of you are saying is the equivalent of saying that Bwett and the random LM's in the second and third videos are playing at the same level. Now, answer this: Are Bwett and the LM's in the second and third video playing at the same level? Yes or no, please. And I know one of you will want to say this, so I'm going to say this now: choosing not to use a certain move(Jolt Haymaker) and having better reflexes and not making stupid mistakes or decisions are all considered skill.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
tl;dr we don't agree with you so we suck and are noobs. Good to know. I guess i am the definition of noob city, rather than the flock of Little Mac noobs who demand nerfs, right?(I mean the noobs only, not the decent people)

Wow. You just insulted a lot of people there. He is not OP on the ground, because while his attacks are fast and strong, so are those of many characters. From wikitionary, cheap means dubios, which means not to be relied upon. So his whole moveset is not to be relied on? Ok. Also everyone who disagrees with you sucks. Yay, i suck and don't deserve to argue! Come on, when you're degenerating to the point of bashing or arguees, at least don't blatantly insult them and anyone who agrees with them! You can do better than that!

I think. But honestly read what people say then respond. Don't just pick out the worst snippet. read what rabbit said with the 3 videos. Also, your "I don't care hwo good or right everyone else is, they're wrong and noobish even though I have not made a reasonable argument, but I'm right anyways" method of arguing is absurd.

In short, gid gud or pls stawhp.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
tl;dr we don't agree with you so we suck and are noobs. Good to know. I guess i am the definition of noob city, rather than the flock of Little Mac noobs who demand nerfs, right?(I mean the noobs only, not the decent people)

Wow. You just insulted a lot of people there. He is not OP on the ground, because while his attacks are fast and strong, so are those of many characters. From wikitionary, cheap means dubios, which means not to be relied upon. So his whole moveset is not to be relied on? Ok. Also everyone who disagrees with you sucks. Yay, i suck and don't deserve to argue! Come on, when you're degenerating to the point of bashing or arguees, at least don't blatantly insult them and anyone who agrees with them! You can do better than that!

I think. But honestly read what people say then respond. Don't just pick out the worst snippet. read what rabbit said with the 3 videos. Also, your "I don't care hwo good or right everyone else is, they're wrong and noobish even though I have not made a reasonable argument, but I'm right anyways" method of arguing is absurd.

Point and blank of the thread, people I again point to the article I posted in the Opening Post. . .
Little Mac MAY ONLY receive a nerf is Sakurai FEELS he needs it JUST to stop people from complaining, and even if he nerfs him, it will be a SLIGHT one, nothing major.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Point and blank of the thread, people I again point to the article I posted in the Opening Post. . .
Little Mac MAY ONLY receive a nerf is Sakurai FEELS he needs it JUST to stop people from complaining, and even if he nerfs him, it will be a SLIGHT one, nothing major.
Wait, what? Are you using me as an example or telling me something? If the latter, i don't get how my post warrants this comment. Not that it's bad, more like unrelated. Read the post i was quoting, he said that anyone who defends Mac is not good at the game.

If it's the former, please ignore the above paragraph.

Last edited:

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Wait, what? Are you using me as an example or telling me something? If the latter, i don't get how my post warrants this comment. Not that it's bad, more like unrelated. Read the post i was quoting, he said that anyone who defends Mac us bot good at the game.

If it's the former, please ignore the above paragraph.
Nah, I was quoting it saying what you said is exactly what I'm trying to say to the people who kept complaining of Little Mac being OP.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Nah, I was quoting it saying what you said is exactly what I'm trying to say to the people who kept complaining of Little Mac being OP.
Ok. Makes more sense. Although I don't want to tread the git gud path, I want to make actual reasons. But I don't feel like doing that on an iPod, even with Swype, beacause nobody has made an actual counterargument. So until then I'll keep my nonexistent paragraph to myself. Then I'll make one when a retroactively actual reasoning, thought processing abilities and the decency not to insult me.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

You obviously didn't read what was said from who I was responding to.

My point still stands. His punches are OP. They're not hard to land and they knock you back too far. I'm not reading bibles as to why he's so balanced and not OP, because there are tons more who feel the same way as I do.

He is not OP on the ground, because while his attacks are fast and strong, so are those of many characters
Yeah, please tell me what character comes close to being able to spam just 2 punches with no lag while sending you far back, all while moving at the speed of light.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

My point still stands. His punches are OP. They're not hard to land and they knock you back too far. I'm not reading bibles as to why he's so balanced and not OP, because there are tons more who feel the same way as I do.

Yeah, please tell me what character comes close to being able to spam just 2 punches with no lag while sending you far back, all while moving at the speed of light.
Lol. Please show me these tons of idiot macv detractors. Except you don't need to, the general lack of reasoning within outside of the occasional smart person is proof enough.

That above there is the example of blatant insult, I don't. Mean any of that. I see who you were responding to and honestly don't care. Regardless of what they did or said, you have no excuse to insult anyone, and if you do, you are the one at fault.

Back to the topic at hand. Your point doesn't stand because your point is meaningless. You claim his pouches are OP, making every last drop of his library OP. This is not true, considering his air game. Now I'm gonna take the lead sassy type and not answer what you say, but rather what you mean. You mean his ground game is OP.

But you have been saying that the whole time, refuse to give evidence of this, and refuse to consider anything with a marginal chance in hell to prove you wrong A.K.A the three videos. I'm not reposting them. Find them in this page, watch the battles, and see how Mac isn't a brainless spammer, but rather a complex character with a high learning curve with a massive illusion of no skill wall, and a skill sky to top it off. I don't need to explain why this is stupid.

You refuse to read bibles of why he's balanced, and that's implying that our side cannot be disproved not proven, when you mean that we're a stupid minority. And I take offense to that, bring Christian, there is no way you're putting the word Bible into this and notv trying to insult someone. And there are no groups of one online that because nobody's ever going to come to a conclusion, even years from now when one dude if a decided on, people will argue it.

And the tons more things doesn't mean you can hide behind the hypothetical walls of detractors, in fact it's the opposite: the people who think things aren't right.the way they are should be the first one to explain themselves in ANY given situation. Because if you want change, explain what change you want, and why.

We don't need to explain the change we want, because we want no change. In court, doesn't the plaintiff make their case first? The defense has nothing to counter if they hand no way to know what the plaintiff wants and is here for, and therefore should wait for the plaintiff to make his case. And until you do, I have nothing to respond to except troll posts.

So, please answer this one question, in detail, with an explanation: What do you want?

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Look at all these butt-hurt Mac Mains :chuckle:

"You have an opinion, you're the one at fault for not liking what I like :cry:"

Arguing with Mac players. Still writing bibles. I just really don't care.

I'm not watching a 20 minute video.

I don't care for Mac vs Mac who are using side specials so close to each other and it's a ditto match which is pointless.

Mac vs Dedede was a snippet of someone who was incompetent, nobody would make that mistake if they knew how to play the game.

Pointless!

{edit} First 7 minutes of Bwett vs Denti, commentator mentions Mac is too powerful, FD is his stage, and has armor on everything. He's OP on the ground. I don't know what the fuss is about. Nerve struck.

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA

I don't care for Mac vs Mac who are using side specials so close to each other and it's a ditto match which is pointless.

Mac vs Dedede was a snippet of someone who was incompetent, nobody would make that mistake if they knew how to play the game.

Pointless!

{edit} First 7 minutes of Bwett vs Denti, commentator mentions Mac is too powerful, FD is his stage, and has armor on everything. He's OP on the ground. I don't know what the fuss is about. Nerve struck.
You keep claiming Little Mac is OP. Please provide proof.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

Pointless!

You're not at fault for not liking what i don't. You're at fault for constantly insulting us, over and over . And you have no reason to do that, at all. You're at fault for making these absurd comments without giving an explanation, just because. You're also at fault because You're saying anything that doesn't outright prove you wrong is pointless. Lastly, you're at fault for starting this stupid argument. And for that, you don't deserve to hear my reasons until you say yours. If youdon't get why, read my wall of text above. You clearly don't care about what we're saying, only the best ways to make fun of us. And you obviously don't know what a Bible is. From wikipedia: The Bible is a canonical collection of texts sacred in Judaism and Christianity. This isn't religion. Please stop, your jokes aren't funny. And i'm not salty until i start raging in caps, so a nerve was not struck.

Mac vs Dedede and Mac vs Mac were not the best people. But they're starters. And we once all were.That guy knows how to play the game, just not well. And the Bwett video, in the end, Little Mac gets rekt twice by Shiek, then Bwett switches to Peach and still loses. So your example is untrue. Also this thread wasn't made for people who like Mac arguing with both competent mac detractors and... you. It was meant to say what we think about Little Mac in the patch, whether or not he'll be nerfed or buffed because of these low win ratios.

If you won't read the above, PM to respond. You've done enough damage to this thread, but feel free to flame the hell out of my inbox. Also the fuss is about you not giving examples of his OPness. And don't just tell me his punches come out too fast.

Last edited:

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067

Man, this thread is stressful. Anyways. First of all, I main Metaknight, not Mac, and in Brawl I mained Lucario, so don't bring that "abusing an OP character" **** up. Hayzie, our opinion, Mac is a balanced and highly skillful character, is supported by facts, such as his horrible air game, *** tier recovery, and unforgiving playstyle that doesn't allow for any mistakes. Your opinion, Mac is overpowered and requires no skill, is not. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't just trying to start a flame war. As such, I'll be explaining to you why you're an idiot by quoting and analyzing every single post you've made on this thread. I hope you appreciate this. I've given the notable things you say the pink treatment, and the contradictions are in green, since you don't seem to be able see these things without help.

How does he NOT have the highest wins in For Glory? That character is seriously OP. Free K.O. plus crazy knockback. 1 simple platform that he camps or hoards. His punches need to not knock you into the air so that when you get back he's right there waiting to do the same spam again. It'd be a lot better if it would just knock you back just a little bit or make you flinch a tad harder than Mega Man's eggs.

He's the one character who's special's get used the least. All you need is them punches. It's silly.
KO punch really isn't that scary. It doesn't come out THAT fast, and Mac's guaranteed followups are generally pretty risky, not to mention it isn't all that terrifying in the air. Crazy knockback is necessary when you can't gimp. Yes, FD is a good stage for Mac. Get over it. It's a good stage for Shiek and her needles too, but you don't hear me complaining. Staying on stage isn't called camping. Mac literally cannot leave the stage safely. You're getting mad at Mac players for not being idiots. That's like saying Jigglypuff is spamming for using shorthop fairs instead of running grabs. Knocking you back into the air is called juggling not spam. It's also not that hard to avoid. Don't take this the wrong way, but you might not be as amazing as you think you are. After all, LM's juggling consists almost soley of running Usmashes. Of course he doesn't use his specials all that much. Specials aren't meant to be used very often, unless you're playing a projectile character or something. Using specials a lot when you're not playing with projectiles is generally considered spam.
I struck a nerve, lol. :salt: Of course he punches, but in his games his opponent doesn't fly away, either. That's my point.
This is stupid beyond belief. If that was true, most of Smash's roster wouldn't be included in the game, and the ones that were would mediocre characters with very few kill options. You don't have a point. Moving on.

The cape is nothing like K.O

You can reflect at any time, even small projectiles. The person with the projectile also knows Mario has this ability so it's about mind-games and priority; it's a fair game. The K.O. punch is already set to do high damage with a higher chance to give you an instant K.O. even when you shield. You come in contact with your players almost most of the match to do damage so there's a better chance at landing that. You can still dodge a projectile reflected back at you.

Any Omega stage is Little Mac's territory, he's not going anywhere else. That's camping; that boy doesn't gimp.

Just because he has specials, doesn't mean they're all that necessary no matter what the learning curve is. Two people going against each other with nearly identical skill levels only need to punch and side smash if one of them is Little Mac.

So he's good on the ground, but bad in the air. He's balanced. So what? Balance doesn't mean one isn't overpowered. We spend most of the match not in the air anyways. I'm gonna get this out of the way and say I can take out Little Mac on FG, probably half of the time, I usually don't see him as much as I used to, but he's still there.

Barely any frame lag & extreme knockback is constant punch spam and it works. I've rarely seen specials being used, because you just don't need it really.

Little Mac players are upset lol.
Take a look at the green part. Restore my faith in humanity and tell me you see how you're contradicting yourself here. Overpowered means powerful to the point where a character is unbalanced. If he's balanced, by definition, he must not be underpowered or overpowered. More contradictions. By your logic, isn't Jiggs a really bad character? If Mac had as much lag on his moves as most characters, he would die, because everything else about his character is unsafe. Can you imagine how horrible he'd be if you could punish even a quarter of the moves he whiffed? Constant punch spam? All his moves are punches. You're complaining a rushdown character isn't giving you time to return to neutral?

You just said LM requires no skill to play. We've already talked about the knockback.

Again, you say LM requires no skill, but then talk about people being good or bad with him, implying certain people play him skillfully. wut? The pink part is just you saying it's your opinion Mac is cheap, then insulting people who don't think so by calling them n00bs. You didn't even spell it right.

Actually, since you never backed your argument with evidence that wasn't BS, you don't have a point that'll stand. I'm not seeing any likes on your posts. Do the people who agree with you prefer to remain anonymous? Second paragraph. None, Mac is unique, but fits into the rushdown character archetype. As opposed to having the potent air game and combo potential of of other rushdowners(Shiek, Sonic, Captain Falcon), Little Mac has insanely good ground game and raw power. Also, Sanic moves at the speed of sound, and Mac is slower than Sanic, so he can't possibly move at the speed of light. The more you know.

Pointless!

Oh, come now. I'm putting so much effort into picking apart your hastily scribbled posts, and you're not even willing to watch a 20 minute video of pure smash shoryuken :3? lol @ incompetent. I thought you said Mac requires no skill to play. If so, incompetence shouldn't make a difference, and he should be Bwett level. Don't say it's pointless before you've watched all the videos -_-. And the commentator is an authoritative source? This was in the very early stages of Sm4sh, and it was clear the commentator hadn't had much experience with Mac. It's easy to think a character's good when you see them win. He's OP on the ground, and UP in the air, making him balanced. And stop talking about nerves being struck. Nobody's nerves are being struck, despite your constant insults.

Whew. Hayzie, you're a pain in the ***. If you've done enough damage to the thread, let's move on. I'd like to see MK's range fixed, personally.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
*initiates IGNORE HAYZIE THE TROLL mode*

Same. or at least change the goddamm animations. they made him bigger, shorten the sword, weaken his moves, keep the animations the same, slowed him down. The only buff he got was Drill Rush and F-smash.

Last edited:

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
*initiates IGNORE HAYZIE THE TROLL mode*

Same. or at least change the goddamm animations. they make him bigger, shorten the sword, weaken his moves, keep the animations the same, slow him down. The only buff he got was Drill Rush and F-smash.
Dimensional Cloak is pretty incredible too. Much stronger, and it kills at good percents. I feel like if people get really good with it, it could totally remove the viability of laggy projectiles like Zamus' stun shot and Falco's blaster when playing against MK. That's just me though.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Dimensional Cloak is pretty incredible too. Much stronger, and it kills at good percents. I feel like if people get really good with it, it could totally remove the viability of laggy projectiles like Zamus' stun shot and Falco's blaster when playing against MK. That's just me though.
As a MK secondary user in Brawl and soon Smash 4, I'm going to Dimensional Cape my way to victory, as that cape is amazingly helpful for mind games and mix ups. People don't know where you'll teleport, whether it be into the air, behind them, infront of them, in the same spot, and my favorite, timing it delayed so you teleport a smaller distance, letting you teleport into the air, behind them, AND be able to hit them with the "Slash" part of the attack. Dimensional Cape is my go to move for MK when I'm in need of mind games or mix ups.

WillisTron

Smash Rookie
ter to actually continuously win with."

And there will also be a patch later this month in November for 3DS only, that will be fixing Little Mac's attack power and removing some super armor. Also, the Wii U version will already come with these fixes and more![/quote]
He wasn't nerfed

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
ter to actually continuously win with."

And there will also be a patch later this month in November for 3DS only, that will be fixing Little Mac's attack power and removing some super armor. Also, the Wii U version will already come with these fixes and more!
He wasn't nerfed[/quote]

Yes he was. The 2nd hit and finisher of jab both do 1% less, and 32 hits pf the multi-hit part is like 20 hits before. Side-B distance was nerfed on ground and in air. But K.O Punch was buffed to kill jigglypuff 6% faster, and proportionally across all other characters.

Last edited:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Never had a problem with him to begin with. His air game is just too bad. Thats why i was shocked with all of the complaints coming from the community.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Never had a problem with him to begin with. His air game is just too bad. Thats why i was shocked with all of the complaints coming from the community.
ButButBut.. Dem Super Armor on half his moves ! Dem broken Dash Attack! Dem KO Punch Buff! Dem Tilts! Dem borked Smashes! Dem gimping! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
*purposely ignores air game, edguarding abilities, the fact that he's 10th lightest, being knocked to the blastlines is a K.O, that his jab was butchered, and that his Side-B is worse in air now*

Top Bottom